Auburn Eagle, Goodbye Ole Girl

Weegle777

Wow. All the way back to the "good" Asylum, the Pacific Institute Incident, Linda May Dellenbach, my fateful story of the Manilow concert, Hatch's hermaphroschlong and his gay dancing pickle, Warrior's "Name my band" thread, the "Kick em in the nuts" thread, and so many more! Gimme that Fish, that crazy dude with the rat working out in the trap as his avatar, giving AA a hard time about his white legs, good grief there is so much stuff that we all laughed at till we cried on this message board. The Mayor's article from his "desk" we all looked forward to. The Seastrunk thread.

It does hurt to say goodbye to this old girl, but I am with Westie, I wouldn't change a thing.

Goodbye Auburn Eagle, you haven't a clue how much laughter you brought to me, and ST, if it weren't for your vision, we wouldn't have experienced it.

And as the great Jim Fyffe used to say, I'm sure Auburn Eagle can say along with him,

"My time is up, and I thank you for yours."  :'(

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. All the way back to the "good" Asylum, the Pacific Institute Incident, Linda May Dellenbach, my fateful story of the Manilow concert, Hatch's hermaphroschlong and his gay dancing pickle, Warrior's "Name my band" thread, the "Kick em in the nuts" thread, and so many more! Gimme that Fish, that crazy dude with the rat working out in the trap as his avatar, giving AA a hard time about his white legs, good grief there is so much stuff that we all laughed at till we cried on this message board. The Mayor's article from his "desk" we all looked forward to. The Seastrunk thread.

It does hurt to say goodbye to this old girl, but I am with Westie, I wouldn't change a thing.

Goodbye Auburn Eagle, you haven't a clue how much laughter you brought to me, and ST, if it weren't for your vision, we wouldn't have experienced it.

And as the great Jim Fyffe used to say, I'm sure Auburn Eagle can say along with him,

Very well put weegs.  :'(

Nice post Weegs. I didn't know you had it in you.  :thumbsup:

Man I'm gonna miss this place fellas. Hopefully AUFamily will carry on her mystique.

I'm hoping so, but something tells me this is the last few hours of the titanic. Once we leave this dock nothing will ever be the same.

It may be a great place, but it just will not be the same. I have been here right at 3 years, and couldn't immagin going anywhere else. I may read other places but never comment. It's going to be like my dog died. She can be replaced but it's just not the same.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

You really need to stop with talk like that.  This is not the end of AE...This is a new beginning that will take us higher than anywhere we have ever been.  This is not an end to AE, it is just a morph to a bigger better site.

Love my AU brothers and sisters...this is NOT the end of AE...it is our new beginning.

:wedance:

Well Done Weegs, Well Done   :bow::thumbsup::bow::thumbsup::bow::thumbsup::bow:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Weegs, I have to hand it to you.  Every now and then you pull a good one.   :bow:  :'(

I love my AE family.

I appreciate the support of each and everyone of you! It has been a great run but it doesn't end here! The AE Family will continue the same over on AUFAMILY. I wouldn't have signed off on this deal if I didn't think it was a good one for all the great members.

Well said!  :(

War Eagle fellas. See you guys on the other side.

You are not alone. None of us are. We are locked arm in arm taking a Virtual Tiger Walk as we journey the way only Auburn men and women can, to meet up with new and more members of the Auburn Tiger family.

I appreciate the support of each and everyone of you! It has been a great run but it doesn't end here! The AE Family will continue the same over on AUFAMILY. I wouldn't have signed off on this deal if I didn't think it was a good one for all the great members.

Scott. I can't thank you enough for this place. No matter where I am or what I am dealing with I always know I have family here. For me personally this move will not be complete unless you are taking the journey with us. It would be like a team taking the field without their coach. With that said will you be taking the journey with us and give us recruiting nuggets throughout the year especially in January and February?

We know it's not ending, but that doesn't change the fact that we think it will never be the same, for better or worse. We all love this place. So merging over is basically the same feeling as losing it.

ST you and the mods here have built such a great place, It's going to be hard to let her go without found thoughts of the years spent here, and a sadness of loss.

I'm sure UAFamily will be a great site once we are all use to it, but it doesn't change the fact that merging over to that site generates this feeling of losing AE, I'm sure it would be the same if AUFamily were merging to here.

All in all I will really miss this place.

Thanks again for all the wonderful memories...and for golf and bird. nothing like watching old men who can barely type argue with each other. It's cool to know neanderthals still walk the earth and use a computer.  :tease: 

I've been here since 2009 and I have always wondered how many people were here when I became a member. Doesn't matter but just always wanted to see just how much it has grown since I first got here. It's the last night on here so I figured I'd say this just to see if there was anybody who had any way of knowing how many members we had in 2009.

Great post Weegs. I love this site and I really do hate to see her go. I've met some great Aubies here who love Auburn and Auburn football as much as I do. War Eagle everybody and to the Auburn Eagle I say, Goodbye Old Girl.  :(    :'(

I've been here since 2009 and I have always wondered how many people were here when I became a member. Doesn't matter but just always wanted to see just how much it has grown since I first got here. It's the last night on here so I figured I'd say this just to see if there was anybody who had any way of knowing how many members we had in 2009.

I don't remember. I joined 17 Aug 2009. Almost made it to the mark again. I can remember there were threads when we met member total milestones. Might try looking them up.

Been a great place to get some facts and have some laughs.  I used to post a few times per day, but I had to cut way back once my career demanded more of my time... such is life.

But, I still checked in every day.  Its been part of my daily ritual for a few years.  Gonna miss this particular site but at least its not a permanent goodbye.

See you guys over there.

WDE!

I was a long time observer (lurker by another name ? ) b4 I joined.

I went to a lot of other fan sites and found this one unique.

It has been a funny thing, a cybercommunity where  I've never seen any of the members,  but felt connected to.

Nobody likes change except a dirty baby.

OK, let us see how it works out.

I've appreciated the wit humor insights and luv here for AU.

To all of those who helped me pass my time, thank you.

See 'ya on the flip flop.

WD

Archived