A True bammer story......

AUSandman

This is a true story that occured about 14 - 15 years ago. The total elapsed time was about 2 minutes and happened exactly as I am about to tell it. I discovered the "Rest of the Story" a few days ago from my daughter...........Years ago.....My daughter, who was raised from birth in the Auburn Family, attended her first AU game at less than 1 year old, is an Auburn Alum just like me, and bleeds Blue and Orange just like me, had been talking about this boy that had asked her out for a whole week. She was saying things like "He is soooooo cute" and "all the girls mothers just love him" and "Dad, I'm going to bring him over to the house Friday afternoon so you can meet him". Just the kind of stuff a father HATES to hear his daughter say. So I was not in the best of moods on that Friday afternoon to begin with. I was sitting in my favorite chair reading a book in our den ( at that time we lived in Phenix City) which was decorated with a lot of my Auburn pictures and memoribilia. My favorite AU baseball cap was sitting in it's usual place on the back of the couch, so it was always ready for me to pick up on my way out the door. All of a sudden , the back door opens an in comes my daughter. Right behind her is a boy of about 17 years old. Notice I did not say a young man. I said a boy! He was struting like a spring chicken. his head was bobbing up and down like he was a "real cool dude and mr. tough stuff". I'm sure you have all seen this kind of guy before, especially you fathers out there. But anyway, they walk into the den and my daughter says, with a big smille on her face, "Daddy, this is Brian". The dude never said a word, but just kept bobbing his head up and down, looking at all of my Auburn stuff and just sat down on the couch. My daughter's smile slowly fadded away as she sat beside him. All I had done was look at this pathetic excuse of a human being, my expression never changing. Still without saying a word and with a stupid smirk on his face, he turned, picked up my cap and turned it toward the wall, turned back to me and said....."rollllllllllll thad"!............ My daughters mouth droped open.....My expression had not changed, nor had I said a word, although I was resisting the burning urge to knock the freeking smirk off of his face. I slowly stood, walked to the couchleaned in between my daughter and the bammer jerk, turned my cap around like it always sat and slowly,but deliberately said while pointing my finger in his face, " son, WE DON'T USE PROFANITY IN THIS HOUSE AND DON'T YOU EVER TOUCH MY CAP AGAIN!!!!!!!!" I turned and walked out and went into my office and shut the door. As I was walking out I heard my daughter say "my Dad's not kidding". Anout 45 seconds later I heard the door shut. My daughter walked into my office and said "I"m sorry dad, I didn't realize, until now that he was a jerk or a that he was a bama fan. That would never work"!.............Now "The Rest of THE Story"............My daughter married a great Auburn man and they have 4 of my 6 Beautiful grand children! She calls me up the other day and says "do you remember that idiot bammer I brought home that time? T idiot that I thought you were going to kill?'". I said yes and we laughed as we rehashed the story. tThen she said" you are not going to belive what I just found out! That was Brian Dowling the, the guy that 'teabagged' the LSU fan after bamas championshio game"!!!!!!!!!!!!!............ All I could say was "I knew from the moment he walked in my back door that he was BAD NEWS! And that's The Res of The Story! :AUBig::wedance::angryfire:

Great story Sandman. If you had just taken him out that night you could have saved that poor drunk LSU dude alot of embarrassment. On second thought, well played, both fan bases got embarrassed.

Archived