MSU receivers coach resigns for "personal reasons."

The SandMntTiger

On another board it seems to be as a result of the Jovon Robinson issue regarding transcripts......

I don't understand. This MSU coach resigned because of JR?

Here is a article if it helps you:

http://www.cdispatch...e.asp?aid=18453

Think the NCAA is more concerned with this Byron De'Vinner that was the 7's coach for Robinson and the kid from MSU and I'm guessing if he was taking payments to sway kids commitments maybe. Also appears from the article that both of these kids are having their eligibility investigated.

Think the NCAA has been going after these 7's like they did the AAU basketball a few years ago. Which could be bad for us cause we got sanctioned in their AAU hunt after Mark Komora. Who despite having players go to multiple universities got labeled by the NCAA as a AU booster and for steering players to Auburn.

I guess if a MSU coach resigned due to this issue then there would be some severe smoke that some shady dealing were involved concering De'Vinner and the players he coached in 7's.

Think the NCAA is more concerned with this Byron De'Vinner that was the 7's coach for Robinson and the kid from MSU and I'm guessing if he was taking payments to sway kids commitments maybe. Also appears from the article that both of these kids are having their eligibility investigated.

Think the NCAA has been going after these 7's like they did the AAU basketball a few years ago. Which could be bad for us cause we got sanctioned in their AAU hunt after Mark Komora. Who despite having players go to multiple universities got labeled by the NCAA as a AU booster and for steering players to Auburn.

I guess if a MSU coach resigned due to this issue then there would be some severe smoke that some shady dealing were involved concering De'Vinner and the players he coached in 7's.

Thanks for that Texan. Surely after the Cam thing we wouldn't be involved with anything like that. Surely.

"@RussMitchellCFB: Just got off the phone with another contact down in Starkville. This could get ugly...reaching into the state of Alabama"

Hmmm...also from that link: a Memphis connection?

According to Rivals.com, the only prospective student-athlete that signed with MSU's 2012 recruiting class that was primarily recruited by Mirando was Memphis four-star athlete Will Redmond.

"@RussMitchellCFB: Just got off the phone with another contact down in Starkville. This could get ugly...reaching into the state of Alabama"

Reaching all the way to freaking Auburn, AL. :banghead: :banghead:

I just find it hard to believe that since AU passed on Seastrunk (due to some questionable dealings) and avoided any snags on the Cam dealings, that we'd be doing some underhanded stuff with these folks in Memphis. I have a ton of confidence in the folks that are navigating the ship....until I am given a reason to believe otherwise, I will remain optimistic.

I just find it hard to believe that since AU passed on Seastrunk (due to some questionable dealings) and avoided any snags on the Cam dealings, that we'd be doing some underhanded stuff with these folks in Memphis. I have a ton of confidence in the folks that are navigating the ship....until I am given a reason to believe otherwise, I will remain optimistic.

I don't think our staff is stupid enough to deal with these folks either - but that doesn't change the fact that we recruited and hauled in a Memphis player and now BAM! the kid has the NCAA on his tail and at least one person involved with him has resigned from her job. I would think that Coach Chizik would avoid Memphis like the plague after all the shady stuff that's been known to happen up there.

Coach Chizik is doing things the right way. Memphis is a death trap, but if our staff is confident enough to sign guys from there, then I'm confident in them.

This isn't an overnight investigation either. The NCAA has been looking into it for months. Since that's the case, I can guarantee that our staff have had their eyes on it as well.

Why is it every time Dan mullins and Starkvegas thugs are in trouble he tries to delfect all his problems towards Auburn? Mullins and his wife are Idiots. I hope that program gets burned to the ground. CGC and crew are doing it correctly without cheating. the NCAA anal probe durring the Cam investigation proved that.

My guess is that the "reach into the state of Alabama" would be in reference to MSU staff being more involved in trying to buy Cam than previously thought. And this would make sense- this guy Mirando knew exactly how good Cam really was, because he was at UF when Cam was. I won't be surprised when they uncover extensive dealings between Mirando and one Kenny Rogers.

I hope this does reach into the state of Alabama, because what might come to light is that all Cecil Newton ever did was say, "Okay, I'm listening." Then he came to his senses and he told Cam they were headed to Auburn. After the situation was over, he told Cam what happened and Cam called Starkville to say, "I'm sorry, but the money was too much", meaning "I'm sorry, but we had to leave once you tried to buy me." Something along those lines has always been what I thought happened, and I'd love for that to come to the surface.

The original person who tweeted about it "reaching into Alabama" said it did not involve Cam.

Oh. Well, thanks for letting me know before I went spouting off about it on the Internet, haha

Interesting. Anyone got the scoop on the UAT player involved?

This is an Auburn site. So Auburn is clean and bama is dirty as possibly can be. Likewise on bama sites I would assume the opposite is believed. ^-^

Just plain facts.

Not having a great memory.

Is this guy, who resigned, somehow connected to one of the coaches who is now coaching in west Alabama?

Maybe that is where it reaches. I hope so.

My guess is that the "reach into the state of Alabama" would be in reference to MSU staff being more involved in trying to buy Cam than previously thought. And this would make sense- this guy Mirando knew exactly how good Cam really was, because he was at UF when Cam was. I won't be surprised when they uncover extensive dealings between Mirando and one Kenny Rogers.

I hope this does reach into the state of Alabama, because what might come to light is that all Cecil Newton ever did was say, "Okay, I'm listening." Then he came to his senses and he told Cam they were headed to Auburn. After the situation was over, he told Cam what happened and Cam called Starkville to say, "I'm sorry, but the money was too much", meaning "I'm sorry, but we had to leave once you tried to buy me." Something along those lines has always been what I thought happened, and I'd love for that to come to the surface.

^^This^^ I've been saying this for almost 2 years. I think the only mistake Cecil made was not walking out of that meeting and calling his lawyer, then the NCAA.

You've just posted an accurate record of events. Also remember Cecil's statement on the day that Cam signed with Auburn: "At Mississippi State Cam would have been nothing but a rented mule." That fits right in with the M$U offer of money.

I've always kind'a liked, or at least felt sorry for M$U, but since the Newton deal I wish them nothing but losses. Well, they could beat UAT if they wanted to and I wouldn't be upset about that.

Archived