NOW THAT WE HAVE SEEN THEM PLAY

norcuron

Not sure how some of you go thorugh the day to day of life. It seems that if one little thing goes awry you want to do the freak and claim the sky is falling. How have you survived previous football seasons? I guess we should just forfiet the other 11 games this year and refund the season tickets. If I recall there have been very few SEC division champs with 0 losses. This is still a young team that did show up in the 4th quarter. Unlike last year where we were out of it late in the games that we lost. Two new coordinatiors, numerous new starters, and a complete change in philosphy and many were expecting 750 yds offense and to hold a top ten offense to less than 200 yds and 10 pts. REALLY? They will contiue to fight and claw till the end. They will learn and grow and GET BETTER.

Take a breath or have a drink or what ever you do to calm down and enjoy the football season.

It took me sometime to reach that conclusion as well but I'm back from the moping over the loss and I'm seeing a lot of good from this past game now. We will get better and I will watch every down and cheer them on either way.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For our sake, I hope Clemson is much better than they were at last year's Orange Bowl. If not, this is going to be a long season for us.

At the end of last season, I was convinced with us bringing in new coordinators that 12 would be a repeat of 11. This year we'd hear promises of guys getting up to speed, the need to bring in the right players for the new system and watch out for 13 or 14 because now, we're young and lack depth. We're used to hearing this same speech.

Few are willing to ask, or if they do they're lamblasted: why do we have such a high attrition rate? or why other schools with less or equally talented recruiting classes have underclassmen contributing sooner? Why other schools new coaches get more out of the players? We can't blame other schools or media biases, that by the way some talk rival that of the illuminati and the trilateral commission, for our own short comings.

We're Auburn, for whatever set of reasons, we're not going to be a perennial challenger for the BCS crown. Look at the 50 year trend. Every 5-8 years we do, be but for whatever reason, we can't do it every year. I'm ok with that, so long as players stay out of trouble, graduate and contribute to society-in the end that matters more than wins and losses on the field. Why we ever expected to be anything more than ourselves beyond me.

A dose of reality that doesn't taste so good this morning.

Thanks for the post - it made me step back and look at things in a different light. I will be there screaming my lungs out cheering for our boys in orange 'n blue no matter what. WDE!

Archived