Robenson Therezie changing positions?

bmartin3228

and before someone throws up 2010 as proof, I'm sorry but any coach with that team should be fired if they DON'T win a National Title. You guys know that.

I don't. I think it is a stupid statement. I've never heard it uttered on tv or here until you said it, and I've been here for the duration and watch a lot of sports tv and news. It's best when making over the top statements, to not assume agreement from all.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he has moved to RB or he's just getting some reps at RB in practice? Maybe he's been bugging the coaches for a while and they're giving him some practice time. I thought he was THE prize DB recruit. Nah this can't be for real.

^^ THIS ^^

Great job coaches. I agree our defense was outstanding last week and our run game was a disgrace.

Maybe the media is right maybe the players are running the program. If true I am at a complete loss.

Believe it or not chizik knows what he is doing. So take a second and un tangle your panties

I'm sorry but there's no proof of that yet. This is the year we're supposed to find out if he knows what he is doing. No offense to the Chiz because I love him as our coach BUT this move makes ZERO sense. We have talent in waves at RB and our secondary gave up a HUGE amount of yardage last game...

and before someone throws up 2010 as proof, I'm sorry but any coach with that team should be fired if they DON'T win a National Title. You guys know that.

I'm gonna hate seeing your post when we are facing a real problem. Nobody here knows the story but some of you have jumped up and started with the sky is falling crap again.

You act this way but CGC is the one with the coaching job NOT YOU. He is the one paid millions to do this job. YOU are the one who is freaking out over something that you barely know anything about.

The fact that you think Chizik needs to prove something this year shows that you have no clue what your talking about.

By the way look back at the game it wasn't our defense that lost that game. Make a touchdown catch, convert in the redone a couple times and we win 35-26.

No idea what I'm talking about? So because someone doesn't pay me to coach football, there's no way I could know anything about it, correct? So by that standard, you shouldn't be wasting your time on this site since 99% of the material posted is by people who, apparently, don't know anything about how the game of football works.

Also, yes I do think Chizik has something to prove this year. I'm not saying he has to win another NC or he should be fired. I think we could lose every game but the FCS ones and he'd be fine at the end of the year. HOWEVER. All we heard last year was "youth, youth, youth" and we won 8 games. I was very happy with that. I don't care that we lost to Clemson. It sucks but they are a great team and we just weren't ready for them but Chizik does have to show that he is capable of being a top caliber coach this year. He doesn't have to win every game but he does need to shock some people for me to start having as much faith as you have blindly put in.

By the way look back at the game again. It wasn't our team that won.

I don't. I think it is a stupid statement. I've never heard it uttered on tv or here until you said it, and I've been here for the duration and watch a lot of sports tv and news. It's best when making over the top statements, to not assume agreement from all.

You've never heard it uttered on tv? How many times have you heard people say "take away his NC year and he's got an awful record"?

Again, I want to say that I really like Chizik as a coach and even more as an incredible man. I'm sorry that I don't share the faith that some of you share in his coaching. I think he's capable of it, I just don't think he's proved it yet. Also, that "over the top statement" is called a hyperbole. Look up the definition if you need to know what that means.

Great job coaches. I agree our defense was outstanding last week and our run game was a disgrace.

Maybe the media is right maybe the players are running the program. If true I am at a complete loss.

Believe it or not chizik knows what he is doing. So take a second and un tangle your panties

I'm sorry but there's no proof of that yet. This is the year we're supposed to find out if he knows what he is doing. No offense to the Chiz because I love him as our coach BUT this move makes ZERO sense. We have talent in waves at RB and our secondary gave up a HUGE amount of yardage last game...

Your last statement has some good points.

His last statement also has some really bad ones, too. Any coach could win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in '10? With the D we had? With crap we dealt with? Getting the players we did? I don't think so.

I'd love to see Carlos Rogers, Jerraud Powers, Junior Rosegreen, or even Fred Smith at practice or on the sidelines asap. Just speculating, but I think there is some discontent in the secondary and a couple boys need some words from the wise to get their heads in the game.

I'd love to see Carlos Rogers, Jerraud Powers, Junior Rosegreen, or even Fred Smith at practice or on the sidelines asap. Just speculating, but I think there is some discontent in the secondary and a couple boys need some words from the wise to get their heads in the game.

Indeed, would be nice. I'd love to see that happen.

You've never heard it uttered on tv? How many times have you heard people say "take away his NC year and he's got an awful record"?

Again, I want to say that I really like Chizik as a coach and even more as an incredible man. I'm sorry that I don't share the faith that some of you share in his coaching. I think he's capable of it, I just don't think he's proved it yet. Also, that "over the top statement" is called a hyperbole. Look up the definition if you need to know what that means.

I called it an over the top statement because you noted expected agreement. A hyperbole is an intentional and obvious exaggeration. So, either you aren't aware of exactly what a hyperbole is or you expected people to agree to an obvious and intentional exaggeration.

If you claim the entire statement including the part about "you guys know that" was a hyperbole, well I just say politely that I'm not buying what you're selling.

You guys do realize that he had over 900 yards in just five games as RB in 2010, right? He wore #34 and his nickname was "Cadillac" in high school. He could have gotten a scholarship at either position at almost any school. He runs a sub 4.4 and is at 205 pounds now. In high school he weighed around 175 to 185, which is the main reason he was looked at as a secondary player. Watch his film. He can definitely play RB at this level. As far as the secondary, he was mainly known for being a big hitter in high school. That doesn't always translate to the college game. It might actually be that he is in fact a better RB than secondary player.

You guys do realize that he had over 900 yards in just five games as RB in 2010, right? He wore #34 and his nickname was "Cadillac" in high school. He could have gotten a scholarship at either position at almost any school. He runs a sub 4.4 and is at 205 pounds now. In high school he weighed around 175 to 185, which is the main reason he was looked at as a secondary player. Watch his film. He can definitely play RB at this level. As far as the secondary, he was mainly known for being a big hitter in high school. That doesn't always translate to the college game. It might actually be that he is in fact a better RB than secondary player.

Nice post.

Now, let the gnashing of teeth continue, lol.

I called it an over the top statement because you noted expected agreement. A hyperbole is an intentional and obvious exaggeration. So, either you aren't aware of exactly what a hyperbole is or you expected people to agree to an obvious and intentional exaggeration.

If you claim the entire statement including the part about "you guys know that" was a hyperbole, well I just say politely that I'm not buying what you're selling.

HAHAHA I love that you just went to dictionary.com and looked up the definition for real. Nice work. And it WAS an intentional and obvious exaggeration to say that any person alive should have been able to win with that team. The exaggeration is to make the point that with the players we had that year and all the leadership and drive to be winners, it wouldn't take much of coach to win. As far as buying and selling goes.. are you really trying to sell that Gene Chizik is the only coach that could have won with Cam Newton at QB, Emory Blake as our WORST WR, Lutzie at TE, Mike Dyer at RB and an offensive line fit for the NFL? Sorry but it's hard to buy that.

I don't think anyone is arguing that, but with his time and performance in the secondary and the fact that we need help there, you have to wonder why the transition.

He wore #34 and his nickname was "Cadillac" in high school.

...and this is supposed to mean what exactly? Nothing but a trivial point that gives zero credibility to his ability as a runningback.

...and this is supposed to mean what exactly? Nothing but a trivial point that gives zero credibility to his ability as a runningback.

Don't shoot the messenger ;)

I don't think anyone is arguing that, but with his time and performance in the secondary and the fact that we need help there, you have to wonder why the transition.

This^^ in spite of that above it. I totally agree.

th_oh-noes.gif

Took long enough shocks....

I've been off doing things and stuff.

What else is there that you could be doing when the entire football program is falling apart??? We might not recover from this "position change". Ever.

th_oh-noes.gif

Took long enough shocks....

I've been off doing things and stuff.

What else is there that you could be doing when the entire football program is falling apart??? We might not recover from this "position change". Ever.

Video games and beer.

If Corey Grant switches places with Therezie, does this make everything okay? :dunno:

How about we have a little faith in our coaches and let them do their jobs?! Geez. Please ignore the whining trolls that are just trying to get you to whine and be negative right along with them. Auburn fans are smarter than that.

That's why I said watch his

The kid is a great natural runner with incredible lateral movement and body control. He was not just an average running back in high school.

HAHAHA I love that you just went to dictionary.com and looked up the definition for real. Nice work. And it WAS an intentional and obvious exaggeration to say that any person alive should have been able to win with that team. The exaggeration is to make the point that with the players we had that year and all the leadership and drive to be winners, it wouldn't take much of coach to win. As far as buying and selling goes.. are you really trying to sell that Gene Chizik is the only coach that could have won with Cam Newton at QB, Emory Blake as our WORST WR, Lutzie at TE, Mike Dyer at RB and an offensive line fit for the NFL? Sorry but it's hard to buy that.

1. I was well aware of what a hyperbole was when this threaded started. I did go to dictionary.com to get the exact definition, because I have found that people who attempt to call you out for grammar/vocabulary usage are often douche nozzles that will call you out again if you don't use the exact definition. Your trip to dictionary.com verifies that you used a word you that you werent sure of the meaning of and then had to double check, but I digress.

2. Nothing you have said explains why you would make a hyperbolic statement and then expect agreement on the statement. There are plenty of loons on this board who say crazier things than you said in complete seriousness. Don't assume people know when you are being completely serious or not.

3. Now, you try to turn the argument around to indicate that I am saying no other coach but Chizik could have won it with that team??? Really? That is funny. You are either a bit askew in your reasoning, a person who intentionally debates irrationally to throw his opponents off, or a younger person. If you're a teenager, I apologize for calling you out. I would just ignore you if that's the case.

For the record there are probably more than a handful Or two of coaches that very possibly could have won the NC with that team. No guarantee whatsoever that a single one of them does. The list of those who would have mucked it up is endless (hyperbole).

Archived