What happens?

norcuron

What happens if we end up GOD forbid, losing to LaMo?

ULM

ARK 1st Downs 30 21 Total Yards 550 377 Passing 412 281 Rushing 138 96 Penalties 6-49 9-70 3rd Down Conversions 8-23 3-11 4th Down Conversions 6-7 0-0 Turnovers 1 2 Possession 39:19 20:41

They didnt (almost win) look at the #s They CAN beat us. If we cannot stop the turnovers they WILL beat us!

CGC protects the team from the "fans" like he did from the media in 2010

What is that supposed to mean? The "fans" are a LOT more upset with the coaches than they are any player.

What is that supposed to mean? The "fans" are a LOT more upset with the coaches than they are any player.

It means exactly what is says. Many "fans" are ruthless and unrelenting with their personal attacks. As a coach, one of your promises to your player's parents is to protect them, sometimes that protection needs to be directed towards fans.

It means exactly what is says. Many "fans" are ruthless and unrelenting with their personal attacks. As a coach, one of your promises to your player's parents is to protect them, sometimes that protection needs to be directed towards fans.

We got skull dragged across the football field, and you are worried about "fans" hurting a players feelings with a comment about their play? Maybe next year our uniforms will include a skirt.

in this politically correct society that has taken this country over,the truth has been replaced by rhetorical excuses for failure.....there is nobody berating the players,but they are complaining about how they played....more specifically,the way they were prepared to play....laying political correctness aside,the truth is still the truth....this program is in dire straits and heading downhill fast

It's quite simple imo.......if the team improves throughout the year he keeps his job, if we continue to regress and regress then he will be fired at the end of the season. No reason to keep him for another season if this team can't improve over 12 games.

We got skull dragged across the football field, and you are worried about "fans" hurting a players feelings with a comment about their play? Maybe next year our uniforms will include a skirt.

I'm sure as hell the players and the coaches know that as well, but a coach needs to be concerned about the team's moral and focus. When bombarded by negativity those two thing usually tend to drop. So, it is the coaches' job to remove those types of distraction, why don't you get that?

The initial question was "What happens if we end up GOD forbid, losing to LaMo?" Do you think the fans and their negativity would help or hurt the team's psyche? Now, do you think the coaches should allow that to affect the team?

I don't, and so, my answer to the question of what would happen, would remain the same.

I'm sure as hell the players and the coaches know that as well, but a coach needs to be concerned about the team's moral and focus. When bombarded by negativity those two thing usually tend to drop. So, it is the coaches' job to remove those types of distraction, why don't you get that?

Coddling them seems to working just fine. We seem to have the "moral and focus" market cornered.

Remember when Saban publicly shamed McCarron a couple of years ago? How did that work out?

How about instead of worrying about what a student might say to a player concerning his play, the coaches FOCUS on making them mentally, as well as, physically tough.

It's quite simple imo.......if the team improves throughout the year he keeps his job, if we continue to regress and regress then he will be fired at the end of the season. No reason to keep him for another season if this team can't improve over 12 games.

He will get at least through 2013 season, no matter what our record is this year, which I agree with.

Coddling them seems to working just fine. We seem to have the "moral and focus" market cornered.

Remember when Saban publicly shamed McCarron a couple of years ago? How did that work out?

How about instead of worrying about what a student might say to a player concerning his play, the coaches FOCUS on making them mentally, as well as, physically tough.

You are not comprehending what I'm saying. I'm saying that one of the coaches jobs is to remove distractions, not allow them to persist.

You are not comprehending what I'm saying. I'm saying that the coaches job is to remove distractions, not allow them to persist.

I get what you are saying... completely.

I just don't see how he keeps his job at the end of the season if team doesn't improve at all. Keeping chizik thru the 2013 season is essentially two more seasons given we are only in week 3. Pressure will mount, recruits will de-commit, ticket sales will drop, etc.

If Chiz doesn't turn around this season, and i am shocked i am even saying this, the jet engines will start to rev. I don't think it happens this year, but end of next season and it is a foregone conclusion.

I happen to agree, while he is cool, calm and collected - it was obvious to me this team quit yesterday. I don't spend money to watch that (except with my taxes).

Look at Muschamp.

Look at Dooley.

Look at Saban.

They are getting results. Not sure what is happening at AU.

WDE

Guys,

I honestly think this is going to be a long year for the Tigers. It is very hard to watch this team play right now. Would I be shocked if we lost to ULM, no I would not. Going into November 3 against New Mexico St. it is very likely that Auburn will be 1-7 or 2-6.

What my biggest problem is with this program is the lack of player development. How can you have such highly ranked recruiting rankings and be this bad? I just don't understand but it starts from the top and that is with Gene Chizik. I think Gene is a genuine man and a good christian but as a football coach he may not be the right man for the job. At Auburn without Cam Newton, Gene is 16-12 and 7-10 in the SEC. I am sorry but there is no way you can sugar coat this. His defenses here at Auburn have been terrible and have shown no signs of getting better. If we showed improvement from game to game it would be different but we haven't.

I am a true Auburn fan and understand we will not compete for Natational Championships year in and year out. If you think we will, then you are nothing but a sunshine pumper. What Auburn is, is that it is a good to above average football team that routinely wins 8-9 games a year and sprinkes a special year every once in a while.

He will get at least through 2013 season, no matter what our record is this year, which I agree with.

I agree- there could be more staff changes, but Chiz gets a pass through 2013 based on the fact that he brought us a title.

Do you argue with everyone?

I just don't see how he keeps his job at the end of the season if team doesn't improve at all. Keeping chizik thru the 2013 season is essentially two more seasons given we are only in week 3. Pressure will mount, recruits will de-commit, ticket sales will drop, etc.

Im sure we are loseing recruits as we speak. Phones are ringing, kids are tweeing, recruits being teased on FB. Visits are being set up right now! We cant just give up on this year. We need a 180 pronto! This season could cost us alot in the years to come.

If Chiz can do it then let it be done I hope he can. But If Trooper has to organise a coup, So be it!

Chiz is a nice fella, But "Nice" is not cutting it.

Idk about anybody else but It's getting really old seeing or hearing "Look at Saban..." Saban does this, Saban does that. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T OBSESSED WITH ALABAMA AND SABAN WE DON'T GIVE TWO STEAMY CRAPS!

Idk about anybody else but It's get really old seeing or hearing "Look at Saban..." Saban does this, Saban does that. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T OBSESSED WITH ALABAMA AND SABAN WE DON'T GIVE TWO STEAMY CRAPS!

Those are the fans who have their own egos involved in the outcome of a game. They've probably been trash-talking at theoffice...

I'm with you. I don't care what the bams do as long as updyke stays off the Auburn campus. There are events happening both inside and outside of football that may catch up to them anyway.

Im sure we are loseing recruits as we speak. Phones are ringing, kids are tweeing, recruits being teased on FB. Visits are being set up right now! We cant just give up on this year. We need a 180 pronto! This season could cost us alot in the years to come.

If Chiz can do it then let it be done I hope he can. But If Trooper has to organise a coup, So be it!

Chiz is a nice fella, But "Nice" is not cutting it.

I think Trooper may just be part of the problem. TN fell apart about the time they ran him off. He can recruit but can he teach? He also maybe attracting the wrong type of players, hinch the problems we have had with some of them.

Archived