Things I learned today

juscAUse

1. I learned that I feel sorry for VanGorder,Trooper,Luper,and Coach Jay and Grimes for being part of this staff and getting fired because of Coach Chiz and Loeffler. I believe they all deserve better,but because of the dumbest hire in college football history,they will suffer along with the rest of us.

2.Doug Barfield is no longer the worst gameday coach I've ever seen at AU. Our so-called OC finally had a halfway decent game plan in the first half,and then proceeded to do the same thing in the second half. This ain't pee-wee football son. When everyone of our bunch knows what you're doing the 2nd half,the DC for the other team is laughing his A$$ off. You give it away with player groupings-and you should be evaluated for dementia if you can't figure this out.

3.The thing that gave us a NC in 2010 was the steadiness of Gene Chizik. I believe there a very few people that could have handled the media pressure that was being heaped on AU at the time. The reason he is now a failure is the same trait. You don't have to be Saban to get pissed. Our special teams overall are great,but at the point in the game when your team gives up a 1st down and 40 YARDS OF FREAKIN' FIELD POSITION with a stupid penalty,somebody needs there ass chewed,and I wouldn't care if I was on TV or not! There seems to be no accountability for this coaching staff or their players from the head coach.

4.I no longer care about the recruiting argument. Only one team we have played has had superior players (except for QB and LB) and only 1 more have equal talent by recruiting rankings. The head coachs' job is to mold this talent into a team. We have now lost (and won one of them) by better teams in EVERY GAME THIS YEAR. Yes,La Monroe was a better TEAM and should have won the game.

Thanks for the NC Coach but start packing. You're done here.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can have a team full of pretty decent talent and coach them into absolute obscurity. Thanks guys.

Perhaps Gene is just tired of coaching and wanted a quick way to get a cool 7.5 mill for as little work as possible....and we were just dumb enough to let him do it.

Very! Never wanted to be fishing in the Gulf or fighting the Taliban more than I have today......yes, the spectrum is wide.....

Chizik has turned into a joke. However, I'm not laughing.

How could you even say Chizik I'd the worst hire in history when brought us a NC. I'm just not going to argue or defend him because everyone here is beating him down. Pointless for me to say anything positive.

I am too old to be as disgusted as I am now. I left my favoritr 4 year old and my newest nephew because I am not fit company. So you guys have to suffer my outbursts.

I don't think anyone is laughing...crying more like.

Our so-called OC finally had a halfway decent game plan in the first half,and then proceeded to do the same thing in the second half. This ain't pee-wee football son. When everyone of our bunch knows what you're doing the 2nd half,the DC for the other team is laughing his A$$ off. You give it away with player groupings-and you should be evaluated for dementia if you can't figure this out.

Gotta echo this...was not able to watch the entire game but got to take a quick look early in second half just in time to see Omac on a 3rd and 3 go wide for a loss....and the TV commentatorn note that some teams have tendencies and looked like Ole Miss had figured out what AU was going to do on that play and had it defensed. If those dummies could see it...ya gotta figure the Ole Miss DC could see it too.

How could you even say Chizik I'd the worst hire in history when brought us a NC. I'm just not going to argue or defend him because everyone here is beating him down. Pointless for me to say anything positive.

Because I told you in the original post that he couldn't have beeen more needed at AU for one year than in 2010. I thank him for that. I never want his picture or memory gone from AU because of that. All that being said,have you watched AU this year? Last year,after he put the leash on Gus? He's awful as a leader of a team with NO leaders. He's the MAN. There should be no doubt who's taking names and controlling the team. The next coach ( if he's worth a crap ) will LOVE these players,with the exception of 2 or 3 he'll can as examples. Remember I said that.I love Auburn. Auburn people-my family-are embarrssed by this. This team is better than this.

I was in the lets give CGC some time to sort out this year with 2 new coordinators and an unproven QB, but that has to be wearing thin even for the most optimistic AU fan. I didnt expect us to be competitive in the games we werent competitive in last year but i did expect to see improvement week to week and to win the games that we always win, i.e. ole miss, vandy, out of conference cupcakes and beat one good team that we shouldnt (similar to last year). This year has been so frustrating to watch after we continue to do the same things week after week that keep us from finishing the game. We still cant stick to the running game for 4 quarters, dont tackle well, dont follow defensive assignments, we run OMac waaaaaay too much. He is a change of pace or screen back at best. We are dismal in pass defense against a spread team and our all SEC DE's have been non existent the last two games. I feel that now in this season most AU fans just want to see improvement from the week before and I dont see that at all. We are inconsistent and unfocused and that falls on the coaching staff 2 years removed from a NC or not!

We still cant stick to the running game for 4 quarters, dont tackle well, dont follow defensive assignments, we run OMac waaaaaay too much. He is a change of pace or screen back at best.

What the hell is a screen pass? In his 300 page offensive playbook,is there one? And let me be clear,I meant Scott Loeffler as the worst hire ever at AU,not Chiz. But as of now,old Gene is in the top (or bottom) five worst hires. With a 1 year exemption for 2010.

How about 2 solid years of bringing QB's in middle of drive whose sole purpose is to run up the middle? Frazier barely threw the ball last season and they won't let Wallace pass at all!!

Come one man! Most of the time it's just wasting a down and interrupting any semblance of rhythm for the QB that is in the game at the time.

Like it or not, this team is being coached into the ditch and the man at the wheel is Chizik. Unfortunately, his navigator is Loeffler.

Fire him today. Put BVG in charge of the team. Look for a new coach at the end of the year.

I sat down today to watch this game fully expecting to see exactly what happened. I didn't get upset or mad, I gave up last week.. That's a shame..

I already knew the players had given up. I realized that last week. What I learned today was that the coaches have given up.

Case in point, in the 1st quarter Ole Miss was in the process of running a sweep play when it was blown dead due to a T/O called by Auburn. It was obvious even on TV that the play was designed for the rb to throw back to the qb. Of course, shortly after that Ole Miss ran the play and the qb was unnoticed by the entire defense! Did our coaches not see this? How could they not see it? If they did, why did they not alert the players?

Its inexcuseable for the highest paid coaching staff in the country to not be focused on what they're doing.

Fire him today. Put BVG in charge of the team. Look for a new coach at the end of the year.

I sat down today to watch this game fully expecting to see exactly what happened. I didn't get upset or mad, I gave up last week.. That's a shame..

I felt exactly the same way. Last time I watched an Auburn game and said to myself,"how are we gonna lose this game?" was 1998. I've had this same thought now for the past 5 weeks. I even called the comeback for La. Monroe. You could just sense it. CGC has ran our program into the dirt. Everyone says he and his staff can recruit. That's great and all, but players on the other side don't care what your "star ranking" is. We are a prime discussion for why the game is played on a field and not on paper.

I already knew the players had given up. I realized that last week. What I learned today was that the coaches have given up.

Case in point, in the 1st quarter Ole Miss was in the process of running a sweep play when it was blown dead due to a T/O called by Auburn. It was obvious even on TV that the play was designed for the rb to throw back to the qb. Of course, shortly after that Ole Miss ran the play and the qb was unnoticed by the entire defense! Did our coaches not see this? How could they not see it? If they did, why did they not alert the players?

Its inexcuseable for the highest paid coaching staff in the country to not be focused on what they're doing.

Want to see give up?

Watch Corey Lemonier, especially in the second half today. A guy who was getting off literally within .1 seconds of the snap at the start of the season is now maybe out of his stance about a second after the ball is snapped.

Can't really blame the players too much since the coaches are not coming close to putting them in a position to win.

Archived