Clint to start vs. A&M per al.com

tigerchris

The O line doesn't pass protect well enough for Clint to be utilized properly. I say turn it back over to KF and let him run ALL formations...wildcat included.

But, first and foremost, establish the run game. Then run some playaction bootleg stuff to keep the D honest .

The problem is that the run game heavily relies on O-line play just like the passing game does. So you're saying our O-line whoch cant pass protect can hold blocks and open up holes for our RBs and Frazier all game long?

Run blocking and pass protection are two totally different animals, these guys have been run blocking since pee wee football. Have you watched our games? Our running game is not that bad if they stick with it and not run that dumbass sweep play or wildcat every 3 downs.

I agree that our running game is our strongest offensive weapon, but I don't agree that it can sustain our offense along with frazier like people are suggesting. Statistically, McCalebb and Mason are having less impressive seasons than in previous years, and our rushing game ranks around 100th in the nation.

The fact is that our offense is pretty much dead in the water without better QB play from someone. Neither QB has thrown well and both QBs tend to run backwards and fall to a sack when pressured in the pocket. As far as rushing goes, I think Frazier is -1 in rushing on whats listed as 36 attempts.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wow.

I primed the sunshine pump for this?

Playing safe is not what this team needs. Shake things up!! Start wallace

and tell the other two that the BS they have put on the field will not be

tolerated!

The O line doesn't pass protect well enough for Clint to be utilized properly. I say turn it back over to KF and let him run ALL formations...wildcat included.

But, first and foremost, establish the run game. Then run some playaction bootleg stuff to keep the D honest .

The problem is that the run game heavily relies on O-line play just like the passing game does. So you're saying our O-line whoch cant pass protect can hold blocks and open up holes for our RBs and Frazier all game long?

Run blocking and pass protection are two totally different animals, these guys have been run blocking since pee wee football. Have you watched our games? Our running game is not that bad if they stick with it and not run that dumbass sweep play or wildcat every 3 downs.

I agree that our running game is our strongest offensive weapon, but I don't agree that it can sustain our offense along with frazier like people are suggesting. Statistically, McCalebb and Mason are having less impressive seasons than in previous years, and our rushing game ranks around 100th in the nation.

The fact is that our offense is pretty much dead in the water without better QB play from someone. Neither QB has thrown well and both QBs tend to run backwards and fall to a sack when pressured in the pocket. As far as rushing goes, I think Frazier is -1 in rushing on whats listed as 36 attempts.

Sigh....I'm gonna stop arguing with Tools. It's useless, statistically???? Here's a statistic for you....14 rushes per game if that. How in the hell is running game going to get going on those kinda numbers to even create the statistics you speak of??

The problem is that the run game heavily relies on O-line play just like the passing game does. So you're saying our O-line, which cant pass protect, can hold blocks and open up holes for our RBs and Frazier all game long?

I have been soft on the coaches but I will scream when I notice something.

The Oline has been doing pretty well in the power running game the past few weeks. I also noticed during the Ole Miss game and then during the Vandy game they get a little mean and nasty when they call runs between the tackles. I too have been questioning why we stear away from it.

Pass protection takes time and it is still a work in progress.

Exactly...I've never been more certain that Mason can tote the rock to victory if they let him. I played O line in HS and let me tell you, nothing gets a team more fired up than bulldozing your way down the field. Hell, it might even boost the O lines confidence relating to pass protection.

You can see it on video. The play where Mason leaped over the players was a textbook pancake. Our line has a mean streak when JP is in the game. I want to see just how mean we can be.

On the flip side I do know why CSL uses the wide sweeps even when they don't get yards. They are needed to keep the defense honest. We can't pretend that they are concerned with the pass. I just wish that CSL would let the big uglies eat some meat until the defense starts loading the box. Then throw a little Omac wide on them, then turn around and send Omac between the tackles. They will give him a big enough hole. After they chase Omac around bring Mason back in and let JP finish the job. IM READY TO PLAY NOW COACH!!!

The problem is that the run game heavily relies on O-line play just like the passing game does. So you're saying our O-line, which cant pass protect, can hold blocks and open up holes for our RBs and Frazier all game long?

I have been soft on the coaches but I will scream when I notice something.

The Oline has been doing pretty well in the power running game the past few weeks. I also noticed during the Ole Miss game and then during the Vandy game they get a little mean and nasty when they call runs between the tackles. I too have been questioning why we stear away from it.

Pass protection takes time and it is still a work in progress.

Exactly...I've never been more certain that Mason can tote the rock to victory if they let him. I played O line in HS and let me tell you, nothing gets a team more fired up than bulldozing your way down the field. Hell, it might even boost the O lines confidence relating to pass protection.

You can see it on video. The play where Mason leaped over the players was a textbook pancake. Our line has a mean streak when JP is in the game. I want to see just how mean we can be.

On the flip side I do know why CSL uses the wide sweeps even when they don't get yards. They are needed to keep the defense honest. We can't pretend that they are concerned with the pass. I just wish that CSL would let the big uglies eat some meat until the defense starts loading the box. Then throw a little Omac wide on them, then turn around and send Omac between the tackles. They will give him a big enough hole. After they chase Omac around bring Mason back in and let JP finish the job. IM READY TO PLAY NOW COACH!!!

You're getting me worked up aufaninga...I'm ready for game time!!!!

JP was one of my biggest excitements going into the season, I love watching LB's getting laid on their backs!!!! WDE

Sigh....I'm gonna stop arguing with Tools. It's useless, statistically???? Here's a statistic for you....14 rushes per game if that. How in the hell is running game going to get going on those kinda numbers to even create the statistics you speak of??

Both of you are right in my book.

With better QB play we would have more rushing yards.

Our QB play is not where we need it to be so we need Mason to put his big boy pants on. More carries!!!

Clint hasnt been the problem. Its CSL that has been steering this truck to craptown. If the defense plays really well and somehow CSL in the last week has done a complete 180 in his play calling philosophy, and actually calls plays that have worked for Auburn in previous games and quits killing any offensive momentum Auburn starts to generate subbing in Wallace, we MIGHT have a chance. I think Clint is capable of winning being a game manager type QB IF, and ONLY IF, CSL pulls his head out of his a**

No,No,No

The offense that you are dreaming up will not win SEC championships. A few games maybe but we would never see an undefeated season again. The philosphy behind CSL's offense is great. I'm just not ready to say if CSL is the one that needs to be teaching the class or not.

Clint hasnt been the problem. Its CSL that has been steering this truck to craptown. If the defense plays really well and somehow CSL in the last week has done a complete 180 in his play calling philosophy, and actually calls plays that have worked for Auburn in previous games and quits killing any offensive momentum Auburn starts to generate subbing in Wallace, we MIGHT have a chance. I think Clint is capable of winning being a game manager type QB IF, and ONLY IF, CSL pulls his head out of his a**

No,No,No

The offense that you are dreaming up will not win SEC championships. A few games maybe but we would never see an undefeated season again. The philosphy behind CSL's offense is great. I'm just not ready to say if CSL is the one that needs to be teaching the class or not.

Its not an offense Im dreaming up, Im simply saying if we want to win all the games Auburn is capable of winning the rest of this season the play calls have to change drastically. Never in my entire life of playing and/or watching football have I ever seen such ineptitude as I am witnessing from CSL this season. The head man CGC is going to have to quit playing it safe too. There has been 2 games so far this season that were winnable very late in the 4th where Auburn had the ball within 10 yards of the 50 and they punt on 4th and less than 5 or 6. Its as if Gene thinks that somehow the struggling defense is going to turn into the iron curtain and our struggling offense is going to magically turn into a well oiled machine and drive the length of the field in less than 2 mins!!!! GO FOR IT ON 4TH and actually PLAY to WIN!!! Same thing with the end of the 2nd quarter when Auburn is on defense!!! The defense was playing well in Vandy game and we give them 3 points to tie it because someone somewhere in the coaching line completely changes the defensive philosophy and plays prevent D 15 yards off the WR and rushes 2 or 3 guys!!! I was about to jump thru the TV.

The most important thing we have to do to make CM a success is to limit the number of 3rd and longs. That means no negative plays. Jet sweeps have got to be blocked or not be used at all. Power running game with JP lead blocking will work. It can be boring football to watch but it can be effective. Punish the middle of TAMU's defense and play good defense and we can win this game. Our D has got to get a couple of TO's.

WAR EAGLE!!

Tool? Come on now. We're having a debate.

Here is our rushing per game in losses:

Clemson- 37 rushes for 180 yards

MSU- 39 carries for 91 yards

LSU- 30 carries for 86 yards

Arky 32 carries for 42 yards

Ole Miss- 41 carries for 101 yards

Vandy- 33 carries for 103 yards

Take out all the Frazier and Mosely rushes and our Rbs are getting the rock easily 24+ times a game on the lower end.

No,No,No

No,No,No

Its not an offense Im dreaming up, Im simply saying if we want to win all the games Auburn is capable of winning the rest of this season the play calls have to change drastically. Never in my entire life of playing and/or watching football have I ever seen such ineptitude as I am witnessing from CSL this season. The head man CGC is going to have to quit playing it safe too. There has been 2 games so far this season that were winnable very late in the 4th where Auburn had the ball within 10 yards of the 50 and they punt on 4th and less than 5 or 6. Its as if Gene thinks that somehow the struggling defense is going to turn into the iron curtain and our struggling offense is going to magically turn into a well oiled machine and drive the length of the field in less than 2 mins!!!! GO FOR IT ON 4TH and actually PLAY to WIN!!! Same thing with the end of the 2nd quarter when Auburn is on defense!!! The defense was playing well in Vandy game and we give them 3 points to tie it because someone somewhere in the coaching line completely changes the defensive philosophy and plays prevent D 15 yards off the WR and rushes 2 or 3 guys!!! I was about to jump thru the TV.

Agreed.

Put a helmet on before you jump though.

So in the 8th game our o-line is going to wake up? Our QB is going to learn his reads?

These guys are not going to all of the sudden flip a switch and pass protect like the NE

Patriots. CM is not going to see the field like Tom.

Shake things up. Start Wallace and tell the two not starting that the titty baby play

will no longer be accepted!

Tool? you're getting a bit fiesty

Here is our rushing per game in losses:

Clemson- 37 rushes for 180 yards

MSU- 39 carries for 91 yards

LSU- 30 carries for 86 yards

Arky 32 carries for 42 yards

Ole Miss- 41 carries for 101 yards

Vandy- 33 carries for 103 yards

Take out all the Frazier and Mosely rushes and our Rbs are getting the rock easily 24+ times a game on the lower end.

Excuse me because I am a little slow. I am missing your point here.

My point is in the last 2 games I have seen improvement in our Oline and the POWER RUNNING game. Half of the 33 rushing plays last week were not power running plays. 5 out of 5 running plays need to be between the tackles with JP. Once they crowd the box and slow us down then we can throw the other stuff in to keep them honest. I have no problem losing a few yards on a wide play if it will get some defenders out of the box so Mason can get them back and some!!!

So in the 8th game our o-line is going to wake up? Our QB is going to learn his reads?

These guys are not going to all of the sudden flip a switch and pass protect like the NE

Shake things up. Start Wallace and tell the two not starting that the titty baby play

I am by all means not anti-Wallace. Is he ready? How much does he know? Of what he doesn't know will it hurt Mason's performance?

I am by all means not anti-Wallace. Is he ready? How much does he know? Of what he doesn't know will it hurt Mason's performance?

Masons performance? You mean those 10 carries per game?

Or are you talking about those phantom 20+ carries that the

coaches will talk about on monday that they had planned on

but just didnt happen?

Masons performance? You mean those 10 carries per game?

Or are you talking about those phantom 20+ carries that the

coaches will talk about on monday that they had planned on

but just didnt happen?

LOL!!!

He looked to be in high spirits today. He will get 20+ carries this week unless they put 14 players in the box.

The Kiehl Frazier era lasted 3 1/2 games. Raise your hand if you saw that coming. To be fair, the complete story may not be written yet...

It was 4 1/2 games.

More than half of what Kiehl struggled with was not his fault at all. I have played golf right-handed all my life. Im no pro but I play to a 6 handicap. If all of a sudden I had to play left-handed it would not be pretty. But (and this is key) they gave me my right-handed clubs back and gave me Hank Kuhne to be my personal coach I would do VERY well. We WILL hear from Kiehl again, and it WILL be a very good thing.

IMO the line by no means has been playing well nor has Clint been playing like Tom Brady, BUT, you arent going to convince me they didnt play well enough to beat Ole Miss and Vandy HAD THE RIGHT PLAYS BEEN CALLED. We could have 1st team All Americans all over the filed and they would struggle to win games with the moronic plays being called by CSL. I've never seen anything like it. There are some VERY SIMPLE things that stand out to me that could be done that would drastically improve AUs offensive production. How is it that a large part of the fan base and even the TV announcers see it and the guy Auburn pays large sums of money to be the OC does not? Auburn doesnt play to their strengths and it seems almost as if CSL is purposely trying to sabotage offensive production with the head scratchers he is calling.

The fact that Gene hasnt stepped in to fix it confirms what most of us have already accepted as truth, Gene is in WAY OVER HIS HEAD. Great guy, good recruiter (debatable bc of the number of guys that never make it to even the practice field), bad head football coach....

Did vandy have 14 in the box last week?

Not quite 14 but I have watched the game twice now, once live and once frame by frame. It looked like Vandy was playing 11 on 8 football. They lined up near Emory Blake and company but their eyes was on Mason the whole time. Blake could have had 300 yards if... Well, just if.

Mason has avg 13 carries per game. Do you think that all of the sudden we are going to

shift 33% more of the plays to him? Listen to less coach speak.

I had primed the sunshine pump after the pep-rally tonight, but I fear

Its only sucking mud.

Did vandy have 14 in the box last week?

Not quite 14 but I have watched the game twice now, once live and once frame by frame. It looked like Vandy was playing 11 on 8 football. They lined up near Emory Blake and company but their eyes was on Mason the whole time. Blake could have had 300 yards if... Well, just if.

Its a sad day when we admit that vandy looked like they had more players

On the field than us.

IMO the line by no means has been playing well nor has Clint been playing like Tom Brady, BUT, you arent going to convince me they didnt play well enough to beat Ole Miss and Vandy HAD THE RIGHT PLAYS BEEN CALLED. We could have 1st team All Americans all over the filed and they would struggle to win games with the moronic plays being called by CSL. I've never seen anything like it. There are some VERY SIMPLE things that stand out to me that could be done that would drastically improve AUs offensive production. How is it that a large part of the fan base and even the TV announcers see it and the guy Auburn pays large sums of money to be the OC does not? Auburn doesnt play to their strengths and it seems almost as if CSL is purposely trying to sabotage offensive production with the head scratchers he is calling.

What would you consider our strengths?

I am not defending CSL at all. I just know that the offense is still being put together and CSL has lost options as the season unfolded. One of our strengths was Blake, CSL lost that option with poor QB play.

Do we need to bring the wishbone back to make everyone happy?

The Kiehl Frazier era lasted 3 1/2 games. Raise your hand if you saw that coming. To be fair, the complete story may not be written yet...

It was 4 1/2 games.

More than half of what Kiehl struggled with was not his fault at all. I have played golf right-handed all my life. Im no pro but I play to a 6 handicap. If all of a sudden I had to play left-handed it would not be pretty. But (and this is key) they gave me my right-handed clubs back and gave me Hank Kuhne to be my personal coach I would do VERY well. We WILL hear from Kiehl again, and it WILL be a very good thing.

I think if they play Moseley as the starter, then Kiehl should start the second half. That would offer us and A&M some variety, plus we seem to have QB's that play one half..

We are not power rushing like we should. Majority of our rushing plays are sacks or s***ty jet sweeps that EVERYONE (including my unborn baby) know is going to happen....I am pretty sure I heard it say "not another sweep" during the Vandy game...

Archived