Clint to start vs. A&M per al.com

tigerchris

Did vandy have 14 in the box last week?

Not quite 14 but I have watched the game twice now, once live and once frame by frame. It looked like Vandy was playing 11 on 8 football. They lined up near Emory Blake and company but their eyes was on Mason the whole time. Blake could have had 300 yards if... Well, just if.

Its a sad day when we admit that vandy looked like they had more players

On the field than us.

It happens like that without solid QB play!!!!!!! It's sad when Auburn fans scream for a true freshman to step on the field at QB.

I give you a hammer, nails, and wood to build a shelter that I need completed in an hour. While putting the first nail in the hammer shatters. Do you quit or do the best with what you have left?

Your sarcasm points back to you wanting Wallace to play.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are not power rushing like we should. Majority of our rushing plays are sacks or s***ty jet sweeps that EVERYONE (including my unborn baby) know is going to happen....I am pretty sure I heard it say "not another sweep" during the Vandy game...

You take the sweeps and our feeble attempts at throwing down field away and all of our RB's will be out for the season.

I can promise you that.

Get a better hammer? Try a new hammer?

Hire a new estimator or comtractor?

Not the best route to take your argument.

Or just ignore the fact that you had only 1 hour to do the job.

Life and decision making is so much easier behind a computer screen.

I believe that Auburn has went the route you are proposing just a few years back. Fool proof solution!!!

I believe that Auburn has went the route you are proposing just a few years back. Fool proof solution!!!

They have had in "game time" 7 hours to fix the shattered hammer.

They just chose to replace one broken hammer with another. They

Have yet to take the new hammer out of the packing.

They have had in "game time" 7 hours to fix the shattered hammer.

They just chose to replace one broken hammer with another. They

Have yet to take the new hammer out of the packing.

LOL. If we are gonna get technical the hammer was the QB position, the wood was our defensive line, and the nails were our experienced players. While you were at home depot getting a hammer the wood somehow caught on fire. During all this your nails keep disappearing 1 at a time.

Technically speaking of course ( jk )

Don't get me wrong. I have liked what little I have seen from Wallace so far but I don't know what the "hammer" looks like at practice on an everyday basis.

Maybe you have seen more than the coaching staff and I.

What is it as Auburn faithful that makes us always want the other QB in when the first one isnt working out? Lol. There is no reason to throw Jonathan Wallace into a starting role this season. He is way to young and if I can remember correctly just because Wallace is successful running doesnt make him our answer. Look at Keihl last year people. Things get tougher when you uave to sit back and make reads. And its not like Loeffler is going to let him play run qb style offense. He will be doing the same dumb crap the other two do.

What is it as Auburn faithful that makes us always want the other QB in when the first one isnt working out? Lol. There is no reason to throw Jonathan Wallace into a starting role this season. He is way to young and if I can remember correctly just because Wallace is successful running doesnt make him our answer. Look at Keihl last year people. Things get tougher when you uave to sit back and make reads. And its not like Loeffler is going to let him play run qb style offense. He will be doing the same dumb crap the other two do.

So what do we have to lose by trying if he is, in your opinion, going to do the same thing the others have? It's not like we are contending for a championship. I say give him a shot and see what happens.

Mason has avg 13 carries per game. Do you think that all of the sudden we are going to

shift 33% more of the plays to him? Listen to less coach speak.

I had primed the sunshine pump after the pep-rally tonight, but I fear

Its only sucking mud.

Exactly my point...can't establish any damn thing with 13carries a game Cmon now.

Makes no difference. We do not have an SEC quality QB on the roster right now. Hopefully, the coaching staff will sign one of those in February.

wde

Clint is a statue back there. An injured Kiehl Frazier (if that is even accurate) is a better option, but personally I'd just start Wallace and see what happens. At least give the QB a few drives of his own without constantly changing it up.

Seriously, what does it matter if he throws 4 picks and fumbles twice? Are we any worse off? He already burned his redshirt. Give him some valuable playing time.

What we have done up to this point on offense is pure stupidity. Tony Franklin was one of the worst OC's in recent memory, but he is a genius compared to Loeffler.

Noodle arm Clint has NOTHING of an arm by the 2nd half of the game. It takes everything he has to complete a 10 yard pass. He is short arming everything and not even giving the WRs a chance to catch it. Yes..we need to lead with the run game but at some point we do have to throw it! Put Wallace in if KF is not healthy. It can't get any worse anyway. TX A&M is going to drum us anyway so why not?!!

In regards to risking Wallace's, or any QB's, confidence, I say this, if their confidence is going to be ruined by struggling, like just about every QB their first year, then they were never going to be a very good QB. All great QBs are mentally tough. As far as Clint being named the starter...meh.

I am always humored by that. Nobody worries about a Freshman OT's confidence when he is getting his clock cleaned and getting experience. They don't worry about his confidence if a substitute player is sent in for him, or any other player on the team for that matter. But the confidence of a QB is so fragile that he will fall apart if a substitute is sent in for him ? Most of these kids are pretty tough actually.

Just wow.

I primed the sunshine pump for this?

Playing safe is not what this team needs. Shake things up!! Start wallace

and tell the other two that the BS they have put on the field will not be

tolerated!

lol +1

Noodle arm Clint has NOTHING of an arm by the 2nd half of the game. It takes everything he has to complete a 10 yard pass. He is short arming everything and not even giving the WRs a chance to catch it. Yes..we need to lead with the run game but at some point we do have to throw it! Put Wallace in if KF is not healthy. It can't get any worse anyway. TX A&M is going to drum us anyway so why not?!!

If we stuck with the run game for more than a quarter Clint could save his arm for the third and fourth quarter and have enough to get it done. The rest is :dunno:

I think we should draw a line in the dirt and dare csl to get across it. Everything I've seen that works he stops using it, but its working good running east to west. Lol ...

Makes no difference. We do not have an SEC quality QB on the roster right now. Hopefully, the coaching staff will sign one of those in February.

wde

We don't have a quality OC on the team right now! Do you actually think we would be 1-6 with this same personnel if Gus was running the show? Of course not.

Look at our stats..... we are ranked 100 and something on Offense! There is no way 80 to 100 teams have a better QB or Offensive talent than we do.

It's coaching!

wde

We don't have a quality OC on the team right now! Do you actually think we would be 1-6 with this same personnel if Gus was running the show? Of course not.

Look at our stats..... we are ranked 100 and something on Offense! There is no way 80 to 100 teams have a better QB or Offensive talent than we do.

It's coaching!

I agree that it is primarily coaching, but even with Gus last year, QB play (other than occasional competency from Trotter) was terrible. Unless the light comes on for Frazier, I seriously doubt we have an SEC level QB on the roster right now.

wde

I agree I don't know what game people are watching to see that CM is getting better. I watched a Middle School game last night and the QB already knew to throw the ball away rather than get sacked. That's not coaching because I know they have told him to throw it away rather than take the sack. CM locks on to receivers and is slow to get the team to the line. I really do't know wht the answer is so I'm not going to say put Wallace in but if we know we can't pass we better find a way to run it effectively. And stop my one pet peev on OMAC which is to tell him to stop running out of bounds every time.

wde

It's coaching!

I agree that it is primarily coaching, but even with Gus last year, QB play (other than occasional competency from Trotter) was terrible. Unless the light comes on for Frazier, I seriously doubt we have an SEC level QB on the roster right now.

wde

Good point!

Leave Frazier and Wallace on the bench unless CGC, CSL and Co. decide to let those 2 operate in a system built for their strengths. Unless they are given their legs and used as option roll out QBs, we might as well leave CM in there as a pocket passer since he cant run anyway.

The O line doesn't pass protect well enough for Clint to be utilized properly. I say turn it back over to KF and let him run ALL formations...wildcat included.

But, first and foremost, establish the run game. Then run some playaction bootleg stuff to keep the D honest .

The most sensible post in weeks! Salute! War Eagle!

First play of the game should be playaction off tackle with seam routes and hit 'em deep!

I like the way you post Dan, :bow:

Archived