Off week

AURainman

I just thought, since we can't talk REAL football this week, I'd like to find out what your favorite Jim Fyffe call is......

This one gets my vote.

"Alabama's bringing everybody. Nix is gonna float one for Sanders. Sanders. Oh he CAUGHT IT AT THE TWO AND HE DIVED IN. TOUCHDOWN AUBURN. TOUCHDOWN AUBURN. OH MY GOODNESS. Sanders went up over Tommy Johnson or Antonio Langham. He caught the ball at the two. How he held it, I don't know. But he dived into the endzone, and AUBURN's RIGHT BACK IN THE THICK OF IT!!!"

That's mine too. It was my first memory of Auburn football with my dad when I was a kid. Sanders was always my favorite player after that and every time I see the video from that or hear the call it makes me remember what first made me love Auburn. Warrrr Eagle!

"11 and O...11 and 0....ELEVEN AND OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! !"

I was in the Stadium and cupped my hands over my headset and ears in order to hear Jim "paint that picture".

God Bless Jim.... I will miss him FOREVER ! ! ! :au:

The game winning score from the '89 Florida game. I'm too much of a lazy SOB to type it out.

---------------------------

Welby :au:

Nix floats one up for Sanders.....he caught it.. Touchdown Auburn Touchdown Auburn.

I recorded that one off the radio. I have that whole last drive (somewhere)

Sorry to drag this up from last week, but it just clicked in my head what I wanted to say!

The best call I have ever hear Jim Fyffe call on the radio was the '94 UF game.

The best call I ever heard Jim Fyffe make all time, was not on the radio:

I was settling in my seat in the Cliff Dweller section before the AU/UT basketball game when Jim and Fish were settling in their seats getting ready for the pregame. I made a comment or two to Fish and then about 5 min later, after they went to a break UT came out on to the floor for their final warmup. Jim turned around to me and said, "Isn't that the ugliest shade of orange you have ever seen?" It was priceless. I miss Jim....

Jared, Thanks for "digging up" this post from last week. I think it is only fitting that we discuss Jim this week, and EVERY game week.

He really shined this time of year. Again, no disrespect towards R.B., but, I will miss Jim each and every football Saturday for the rest of my life.

I had the opportunity to shake his hand and say "Hi" several times over the past twenty years. What a great guy. He was soooo humble and always treated me, a nobody, as if he had known me my whole life. I have some pictures from over the years of Jim with my two Daughters. I would not trade them for gold.

"Here's to you, Mr. Fyffe".....WAR EAGLE ! ! ! ! :au:

I also enjoyed some personal time with Jim. I went to the Alabama-Mississippi all star football game several years ago (1997, I think). My uncle and father in law, my wife, and I went to the bar on the top floor of the hotel and ran into Jim. We were up there for about 20 minutes or so and he had to leave, but it was awesome to sit and chat with him. He truly was an Auburn man and was as nice as could be.

Archived