Lack of leadership

AuburnWarVet

I wanted to share an email I got and thought it was spot on...just something's to think about...

Some of you need to understand that the power and influence of the " old guard/ big money boosters " has been drastically reduced through the loss of money, loss of numbers, old age, and simply a lack of interest. The "JABA" stuff is a bunch of nonsense. The old power brokers didn't hire JJ or Chizik. Two men did. Their influence has been greatly reduced.

There are now, a couple of people/groups of the younger generation that are set to take their place. They are smart, rich, intelligent, and know how to take action. They are NOT publicity hounds, so you probably won't even know who they are. They just know how to get things done. With the reduced power of the "old guard", they finally have the ability to effect change. And they will. We are not "rudderless". It will just take a little longer for things to consolidate.

You need to understand that you don't just fire head coaches, and athletic directors, on a whim. It is much more complicated than that. There are pension issues, State funding issues, State and Federal hiring practices issues. All these issues need to work itself out first. That is what's going on right now. The overall decisions have already been made. They just have to get on a unified front, and take care of all the " legal requirements" first. That's happening as we speak.

As of today, I feel pretty damn good about where we are going. Just realize that all this is not gonna happen over night. The "new" power's at Auburn University knows where they want Auburn to go, and they are willing to do what it takes to get there. Just gotta play a little "politics" first to make it all look right.

after over five decades of following AU football,and seeing the same things happen over and over,forgive me for not being optomistic that things will change for the better....i'm just spent and wasted and i feel hopeless concerning AU athletics....there is no quick fix for this debacle

Your right there are no quick fixes...to right the ship you have to take your time and make each step count...miss one step and you are back where you started.

Well...Pat Dye came in and won the SEC in his third(?) year, Terry Bowden won his first 20 games, Tommy Tuberville won the SECW in his second year, Gene Chizik won the BCSNC in his second year. Those are pretty decent results after a coaching change. Each coach had his issues eventually, but most do.

Archived