New Phillip Marshall article regard HC

Wrights_Mill_Road

I honestly don't believe Gogue even knows who Shawn Watson is, which is why I think this story is a canard. Either it's a smoke screen about something, or someone's pumping some fecal matter into Philip Marshall's brain.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way does the president talk about this and throw names outs. He's more professional than this. I call BS!!

++

I call BS too, can you imagine that poor coach now getting bombarded with questions about his interest in Auburn while getting his team ready for a game. I would be po ed if that happened to me.

I call BS too, can you imagine that poor coach now getting bombarded with questions about his interest in Auburn while getting his team ready for a game. I would be po ed if that happened to me.

I thought the same thing

Not sure I understand the angle here if any? If it's Phillip Marshal just being his uninformed self slinging crap to see what sticks to the wall, I understand it totally. If it truly is Gogue licking his finger and sticking it in the wind, Gogue needs to go as well. If it's real, Gogue needs to go. If Gogue had anything to do with it, he needs to go. If he has any control over the story being floated and doesn't quash it, he needs to go. When we talk of a culture change, it needs to start at the top. Topple the dominoes starting with Gogue and work your way down through Yox, the athletic trainer, the equipment manager, the team travel manager, the academic tutors, and the security company watching the players living off campus. Kind of like the storm in the northeast and the New York subways, everything needs to be flushed out and cleaned up from the deepest, darkest recesses in the AD.

As much as all this conjecture disturbs me, I do not believe that Pres Gogue is saying anything "for real" until he has done his homework. He just does not seem to be the type. Hope I am right.

As always, "We The People" will be the last to know.

Dr. Gogue never intended this story to come out. He wouldn't do this on purpose. Someone decided to stab him in the back.

Gouge is like Jacobs & Jackson. They don't have a clue when it comes to hiring a "REAL" head coach who's a proven winner.

Dr Gogue has a clue. Stop the slam on a very good President for AU!

Dr. Gogue never intended this story to come out. He wouldn't do this on purpose. Someone decided to stab him in the back.

I agree, for all we know he could have just mentioned his name.........there has been talk of Watson making the next step. I can see him mentioning giving him a look, then someone leaking it to make him look foolish and putting a spin on it.

I agree, for all we know he could have just mentioned his name.........there has been talk of Watson making the next step. I can see him mentioning giving him a look, then someone leaking it to make him look foolish and putting a spin on it.

I think this is exactly what is going on.....and I don't like it.

On purpose? I'd say if he was laying in bed with his wife and "seriously mentioned" it to her, that is grounds for being fired as President. Now if he was telling a joke to a gathering of boosters and said something like, "Hey, I bet we'd look stupid to the state media if we said we were considering Watson for HC," then I could see giving him a pass. If he was seriously discussing this type hire with anyone, he needs to hit the road.

I smell smoke...oh wait, it's actually a smoke screen.

please tell me something good stat. not actual stats, but something pertaining as to who our next HC is going to be. well, in that case, you can use stats.

Don't read into everything you see and hear and consider what stories are breaking...

1) Practice reopens to Talon Society and Chizik is scorned for an act of desperation by Internet fans. Question is, did Chizik actually make that decision?

2) Jacobs was supporting Chizik but in the last few weeks we are hearing separation and the possibility of Jacobs remaining on.

3) The story regarding the security firm is released yet this was known by the players, family of players since August. Why is the story being leaked now and who received the initial blame?

4) PM's story has holes in it. Some will suggest it's a canary story in an attempt to find a leak. I guess that is possible but I think's it's more because I doubt PM would find the rumored HFC as being accurate. Really? The current OC at Louisville with a 11-22 record? Added to the mix is President Gouge likes this choice. Really? This would not be within the norm for Gouge to hand pick a guy. This tells me that someone wanted this story out but the real question is why?

Would the fan base be happy with Chizik being canned, Jacobs remaining AD and Jackson being reassigned? Probably not, which is why some stories within the media are now coming out. This is why I suggest for fans not to overreact to every story, tweet and content you read on the Internet. If you do, you might be buying into someone's agenda.

War Eagle and support the team!

I'm picking up what your laying down but man that is some Auburn ILLUMINATI stuff right there.

I know this will get the "Oh here comes the conspiracies against bama again." crowd fired up, but as much as we have seen the bammer media smear every good thing AU in the recent past, why would anybody at Auburn actually say who we REALLY are looking at? That would just allow the bammer media to start the onslaught again about how this coach or that AD would be foolish to want to come to Auburn.

I think it was brilliant to put this info out there. Smoke screen? I would say yes. Many of you really have zero idea of how much the folks in west Vance do not want Auburn as a threat and will do and write anything that they have to, to assure that AU stays beat down.

I know this will get the "Oh here comes the conspiracies against bama again." crowd fired up, but as much as we have seen the bammer media smear every good thing AU in the recent past, why would anybody at Auburn actually say who we REALLY are looking at? That would just allow the bammer media to start the onslaught again about how this coach or that AD would be foolish to want to come to Auburn.

I think it was brilliant to put this info out there. Smoke screen? I would say yes. Many of you really have zero idea of how much the folks in west Vance do not want Auburn as a threat and will do and write anything that they have to, to assure that AU stays beat down.

Gogue's role at Auburn goes far beyond that of the athletic department. I really think he could give a crap less what fans from other message boards are saying or thinking about his football program. And I don't see Watson denying these rumors so I guess by all accounts, he must be in on this so-called smokescreen. And throwing these rumors in the face of Chizik, who may or may not know his coaching status at season's end, depending on who's rumors you choose to believe, is pretty ridiculous. The man is still trying to win football games and the team doesn't need any added distractions that could cause a shift of focus. And I'm not going to even get started on the possible fallout of recruits that will surely follow if the name Watson is substantiated. No, this isn't anymore of a smokescreen than the name Chizik was back in '09, and we all know how that rumor turned out.

My head is spinning. Who should I believe? Who is slinging crap? Who knows what? Who has no idea? Who stole my cupcake in the third grade? Make it stop!

Gogue's role at Auburn goes far beyond that of the athletic department. I really think he could give a crap less what fans from other message boards are saying or thinking about his football program. And I don't see Watson denying these rumors so I guess by all accounts, he must be in on this so-called smokescreen. And throwing these rumors in the face of Chizik, who may or may not know his coaching status at season's end, depending on who's rumors you choose to believe, is pretty ridiculous. The man is still trying to win football games and the team doesn't need any added distractions that could cause a shift of focus. And I'm not going to even get started on the possible fallout of recruits that will surely follow if the name Watson is substantiated. No, this isn't anymore of a smokescreen than the name Chizik was back in '09, and we all know how that rumor turned out.

Simple fact is that you nor I really know concretely if it is a smokescreen or not. Unless you are really close friends with Gogue.

Gouge is like Jacobs & Jackson. They don't have a clue when it comes to hiring a "REAL" head coach who's a proven winner.

Dr Gogue has a clue. Stop the slam on a very good President for AU!

Thanks....

^ this man is correct.

:-)

Wow! And then what happened...?

Not to derail a dead thread but does anybody know whatever happened to Southlink? I loved his/her input before AU v UGA games.

I smell smoke...oh wait, it's actually a smoke screen.

please tell me something good stat. not actual stats, but something pertaining as to who our next HC is going to be. well, in that case, you can use stats.

Don't read into everything you see and hear and consider what stories are breaking...

1) Practice reopens to Talon Society and Chizik is scorned for an act of desperation by Internet fans. Question is, did Chizik actually make that decision?

2) Jacobs was supporting Chizik but in the last few weeks we are hearing separation and the possibility of Jacobs remaining on.

3) The story regarding the security firm is released yet this was known by the players, family of players since August. Why is the story being leaked now and who received the initial blame?

4) PM's story has holes in it. Some will suggest it's a canary story in an attempt to find a leak. I guess that is possible but I think's it's more because I doubt PM would find the rumored HFC as being accurate. Really? The current OC at Louisville with a 11-22 record? Added to the mix is President Gouge likes this choice. Really? This would not be within the norm for Gouge to hand pick a guy. This tells me that someone wanted this story out but the real question is why?

Would the fan base be happy with Chizik being canned, Jacobs remaining AD and Jackson being reassigned? Probably not, which is why some stories within the media are now coming out. This is why I suggest for fans not to overreact to every story, tweet and content you read on the Internet. If you do, you might be buying into someone's agenda.

War Eagle and support the team!

ST, I sure hope you are right here. This news has just made an already angry bunch, even more upset.

Oracle: two words...anger management :realmad:

Thanks Herk - that made me smile, but you have no idea how right you are. I'm not like that in person, but being able to vent unrestricted on a message board has allowed me to remain a free man in society. You know the definition of stress right:

1. Stress 429 up, 113 down

The confusion caused when ones mind overrides the body’s natural desire to choke the living s*** out of some a**hole that desperately needs it.

Oracle: two words...anger management :realmad:

Thanks Herk - that made me smile, but you have no idea how right you are. I'm not like that in person, but being able to vent unrestricted on a message board has allowed me to remain a free man in society. You know the definition of stress right:

1. Stress 429 up, 113 down

The confusion caused when ones mind overrides the body’s natural desire to choke the living s*** out of some a**hole that desperately needs it.

Thats good stuff right there.

Archived