Rhode Island Game Thread

benjazz

I really think there are some positives to take out of this. Reality is these are growing pains. All this roster turnover has made us have them this year rather than last year, but they are inevitable. B. Greene played well at the point guard. J. Price was the scoring machine he is supposed to be. N. Johnson looked like the kind of player he was supposed to be. Biggest problem now is rebounding. Frankie not scoring, rebounding and turnovers are the issue now. Those are fixable. Young team. Lets give them a chance.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012-13 OVERALL RANKINGS

POINTS PER GAME 316th 57.4

REBOUNDS PER GAME 248th 33.2

ASSISTS PER GAME 331st 9.2

FIELD GOAL PCT 300th 0.386

sure feels like it is going to be a long year again. Has any school ever gone winless in the SEC in both football and basketball in the same school year?

2012-13 OVERALL RANKINGS

sure feels like it is going to be a long year again. Has any school ever gone winless in the SEC in both football and basketball in the same school year?

That is absolutely pathetic. There is no excuse for us to he that bad.

Sigh... what's wrong with AU atheletics? Mediocre in top 3 sports just about every year with exception of 2010 football and baseball since 2007. Actually gotten worse than mediocre in football and basketball in 2012. What has happened to AU atheletics?

barbee has such an opportunity with the fanbase. win the "winable" games at home! the fans will come out in droves if that happens and there is fight in this team. i bet the student body is dying for some positive sports to support.

all they have to do is play respectable and win the easy ones. i am talking NIT quality team. the fanbase would eat it up ...

yes, i agree that is a sad place to be

2012-13 OVERALL RANKINGS

That is a good question. With stats like that, we probably would not win an SEC game. We need improvement in every area of play. I don't know how this team can play this poorly. I really thought this was the year they turned it around. I'm not writing the season off just yet, but they have got to play much better to have a shot at anything but a disaster of a season.

much more of this and i will go in to apathy mode quicker than last bball season and this football season. they have the rest of the holidays season at most before i find a couple of good books to read. i have brought my daughter over to watch games each of the last three holiday seasons, camped out and enjoyed some bonding time. i will find a place closer to home and do the same bonding, but save myself a few hours of driving and game watching.

the talent is there in spurts. i am ready to go with a full slate of newbies plus sullivan (and tell him he does not have to be the team savior) and lets play ball.

Lady Tiger basketball is showing signs of progress. 4-2 on the season. They shot 70.4% (58.8% overall) in the second half of their game v/s Texas A&M-Corpus Christie on Saturday.

2012-13 OVERALL RANKINGS

That is a good question. With stats like that, we probably would not win an SEC game. We need improvement in every area of play. I don't know how this team can play this poorly. I really thought this was the year they turned it around. I'm not writing the season off just yet, but they have got to play much better to have a shot at anything but a disaster of a season.

Guys don't worry. If the 2010 team can win a few SEC games, then this team will win at least a few for sure.

Give Barbee at least 2 years minimum before anyone talks about the axe.

you mean two more years? this is his third now. 4-12 SEC first year, 5-11 SEC second year.

A completely new team each year as he runs a lot of players off like Andre Malone who had a good game for Rhode Island the other night and Ernest Ross who we will see when we play Missouri this year.

If this season is a complete failure, I'm going to have a real hard time agreeing with him coming back next year. He's on his (correct me if I'm wrong) 3rd year and has absolutely nothing to show for it. High player turnover rate as well. Last year's recruiting class was a knockout by most standards (3rd best in the SEC.) If we finish below .500 this year for the third year in a row, something is wrong.

Too much of the load on Sullivan. He's a fine player but he can't do it all.

you mean two more years? this is his third now. 4-12 SEC first year, 5-11 SEC second year.

A completely new team each year as he runs a lot of players off like Andre Malone who had a good game for Rhode Island the other night and Ernest Ross who we will see when we play Missouri this year.

It wasn't Barbee's fault that Malone first of all. Malone didn't even give Barbee a chance. Don't go blaming Barbee for the Malone deal. Did you not read the reason why he left after the game Sunday? Second of all, he inherited a mess. Do I think its a little concerning that we aren't improving that much? Sure I do, but after next season is when we will know Barbee's true fate. There is no way Barbee deserves to get fired this year unless it is an absolute meltdown like the football team.

If this season is a complete failure, I'm going to have a real hard time agreeing with him coming back next year. He's on his (correct me if I'm wrong) 3rd year and has absolutely nothing to show for it. High player turnover rate as well. Last year's recruiting class was a knockout by most standards (3rd best in the SEC.) If we finish below .500 this year for the third year in a row, something is wrong.

And that #3 recruiting class for the SEC is FRESHMEN not seniors. So if we go 7-9 in the SEC this year, it will concerning? I'm glad I don't have your standards or else everything would seem like a failure. If we only win 2 or 3 games in the SEC then yes, it will be concerning.

And that #3 recruiting class for the SEC is FRESHMEN not seniors. So if we go 7-9 in the SEC this year, it will concerning? I'm glad I don't have your standards or else everything would seem like a failure. If we only win 2 or 3 games in the SEC then yes, it will be concerning.

.500 overall. SEC I'll cut some slack. But there's no reason losing to a team like Rhode Island in the SEC.

.500 overall. SEC I'll cut some slack. But there's no reason losing to a team like Rhode Island in the SEC.

I agree with you there

It wasn't Barbee's fault that Malone first of all. Malone didn't even give Barbee a chance. Don't go blaming Barbee for the Malone deal. Did you not read the reason why he left after the game Sunday? Second of all, he inherited a mess. Do I think its a little concerning that we aren't improving that much? Sure I do, but after next season is when we will know Barbee's true fate. There is no way Barbee deserves to get fired this year unless it is an absolute meltdown like the football team.

No I didn't read the reason Malone left. Leave a link on and I will read it. He may have inherited a mess but a lot of the players he has brought in are also gone now so that hasn't helped. We will all know more once the SEC schedule starts. It is just frustrating now to see Auburn losing to a winless Rhode Island team and not even being able to compete with an OVC team in Murray State that doesn't have the facilites Auburn has or a coach making as much money as Barbee.

My biggest issue with Barbee is the fact that he is not retaining these recruits. I mean we have a team of seniors and freshman as the past 2 recruiting classes for Barbee are pretty much gone. I think next year is his make or break year but I am not impressed with him so far this year. Not sure why he can't develop a second scorer as it seems every season we have to rely on one guy to make plays. Also there isn't as big of a gap between freshman and veterans when it comes to college basketball. Just look at some of the top teams around the country and you will see freshman that are better than what we have and I am not just talking about Kentucky (since they don't really count being an NBA minor league team)

No matter how we do this season, I think Barbee should be given a 4th season regardless. He is recruiting well and hopefully the attrition rates will back down and we can start getting some stability.

Add to that, I don't know if there is any coach in the nation that could come to Auburn and turn us into winners in just 2 to 3 years.

No matter how we do this season, I think Barbee should be given a 4th season regardless. He is recruiting well and hopefully the attrition rates will back down and we can start getting some stability.

Add to that, I don't know if there is any coach in the nation that could come to Auburn and turn us into winners in just 2 to 3 years.

Well said. I agree with you.

Archived