Favorite Auburn related Christmas (or any other holiday) gift

TrumanCrockett

What are y'alls favorite Auburn gifts you have either given or received and why?

My girlfriend got me my favorite this year. Gotta get it put into a glass case or something like that to protect it.

War Eagle and Merry Christmas y'all.

Cam Hat

Mine would be my wife pushing me to go to the NC game. She and our two kids were pressing me saying YOU HAVE TO GO Dad ! I told my wife after raising them from birth to be Tigers I could not enjoy it leaving them behind. She said if there was EVER a time to spend the MONEY it was the NC game. We went out a day early and it was just a religious experience as many of you know that went. We flew out of Raleigh, NC as it began to snow and bad weather was on the way. This was the best Christmas present by far. I don't think a day has gone by that It has not crossed my mind and brought a smile to my face.

War Damn Eagle !

Mine would be the ability to spend Christmas with my Dad for the last time. He will not see another one as the cancer is spreading. And he will only have a couple of months.

My grandfather gave my brother and me tickets to the 1984 Sugar Bowl (win over Michigan 9-6). Of course we thought Auburn had won the MNC. My brother wound up in Orleans Parish central lock-up. His picture was on the front page of the Times Picayune newspaper being carried off the field in handcuffs. Quite a memory.

Mine would be the ability to spend Christmas with my Dad for the last time. He will not see another one as the cancer is spreading. And he will only have a couple of months.

I know you'll relish every moment. God bless and War Eagle.

My favorite seems to change each year with each new gift but this year is sure to stand out. My wife of just shy of one year got me a Pat Sullivan signed 8x10, a Cam Newton signed 8x10, and a Bo Jackson signed 16x20. She is a keeper.

Mine is to see my 8 year old son for the first time in 6 months.. Got him tons of AU stuff though, to keep it on topic. :) He's no idea Im coming, his mom is just gonna have him take out some trash and surprise! :)

My favorite seems to change each year with each new gift but this year is sure to stand out. My wife of just shy of one year got me a Pat Sullivan signed 8x10, a Cam Newton signed 8x10, and a Bo Jackson signed 16x20. She is a keeper.

Definitely.

My prayers are with you '88 (that was my AU graduation year!); what you have shared is precious. The last Christmas I enjoyed w/my father, I gave him a journal where I'd put an entry for every day up until Christmas (sort of Advent Calendar, chocolate-a-day of sorts)...he was never one to express his feelings much, but it was an essential, "Thank you for...." everything from family trip memories to exposing us to world cultures to teaching us to appreciate the world beneath us (he was an AU botany professor, woods hikes were plentiful and treasured), etc. Cancer is terrible, but having the time to say "all you can muster" is precious. Every time I cut flowers or go hiking, I tell him all the things I forgot to in the journal. He died on Easter Sunday, three months later, and it actually made it easier to bear...new Home, new Body, Resurrection Day.

I know your Dad will live on through you in ways you don't yet realize, and I know he is so proud of you and all of the lives you touch. Thank you for reminding us each of what is really important.

As for AU Christmas present...I blabbed a few weeks ago on Facebook that Toomer's had the most WONDERFUL AU kelly green, embroidered SHAMROCK caps (and this was before Notre Dame was solidified for the NC). My husband tried valiantly to order one from every resource online, but if you Google it, you'll see countless caught the hint. Nowhere to be found. He told me the quest was moot and got mad at himself for not picking one up at Toomer's on the last gameday we rolled the trees. BUT...this AM, I opened a package and found a lovely GREEN Auburn SHAMROCK SHIRT which I will proudly wear January 7 with my Ireland hoodie! That was an unexpected surprise and is the most recent favorite Auburn Christmas present ever...that and Coach Melvin Smith/Devonte Danzey's news timing.

War Eagle and Merry Christmas, AU Family! The Reason for the Season is all I'll ever need...

:wareagle:

Rejoicing with you!

Mine is to see my 8 year old son for the first time in 6 months.. Got him tons of AU stuff though, to keep it on topic. :) He's no idea Im coming, his mom is just gonna have him take out some trash and surprise! :)

Got back from seeing my Dad. Thanks for the kind words everyone. One thing that I didn't share was the fact that my Dad also has dementia and can't walk which is a blessing now because he can't feel the pain caused by bone cancer any way he was on today and his sense of humor was there. It was truly a blessing to be with him and my mom.

Been there, done that. Prayers are with you and your family.

Got back from seeing my Dad. Thanks for the kind words everyone. One thing that I didn't share was the fact that my Dad also has dementia and can't walk which is a blessing now because he can't feel the pain caused by bone cancer any way he was on today and his sense of humor was there. It was truly a blessing to be with him and my mom.

I clicked on this thread expecting to see posts about Auburn jerseys or signed memorabilia etc. and I find ^this post^ from 88 and it really puts things into perspective. I'm lucky enough to still have my close family intact and healthy and I really shouldn't take that for granted. 88, I'm glad that you got to spend some quality time with your mother and father.

War Eagle and Happy Holidays to all my AUFamily brothers and sisters.

Forgot to add that my favorite Auburn gift this year was a vintage AU football calendar. Each month has some very cool posters or ticket stubs from the 30's-50's. One of the coolest parts about it is that each month's artwork is perforated so it can be taken out and framed. I thought it was very cool for a $15 gift.

Prayers are with everyone with sick loved ones. I lost my Dad in May so this was my first Christmas with out him. Luckily, I was there for Mom and helped comfort her through the day. If you have parents still alive, cherish every day and moment.

Regarding gifts....its was a L.A. Raider helmet autographed by Bo Jackson

Archived