Walk-on Tryouts

trout54

Just curious. Does anyone have any intimate knowledge of what is expected of walk-ons during their tryout? I imagine all coaches look for different things, Anyone aware of what CGM looked for in his previous time here or last year at ArkSt? particular drills he has them do? Anything?

Thanks for your help!

they're being held next Wednesday (1/16). Anyone that intends to walk on had to have their paperwork/completed physical turned in by last Monday.

I'm curious as to what the young men can expect to do on Wednesday. Anyone?

Under the previous staff, everyone weighed in and got measured how tall they were. Then they did a vertical leap test. Then everyone split up in positions and did position-specific drills in shorts and shirts.. That's all the info I can really give. I'm sure it's all dependent on what coaches decide to do the try outs.

To whoever moved this, thanks. I originally posted it in the football forum, as i didn't feel these kids were considered "recruits". i was wondering if i had chosen the correct location. Apparently not. :lol:

To whoever moved this, thanks. I originally posted it in the football forum, as i didn't feel these kids were considered "recruits". i was wondering if i had chosen the correct location. Apparently not. :lol:

That's fine, but just don't let it happen again. :laugh:

They're often a joke. Most the guys out there have no business out there. Wake up, go to the complex, group chat with a couple coaches wishing luck, work outs begin. Next thing you know its spring ball and there are a couple of new walk ons and by fall camp most are gone. Fall camp is when most preferred walk ons get there. Some make it through camp, some are there for camp and weed themselves out and there are ones who make the team who are primarily practice players but are instrumental in helping with scout defenses/offenses and will get scholarships (I. Means, W. Parramore 2010)

PS it helps to know somebody who knows somebody

Archived