Government Orders 7000 "Personal Defense Weapons."

AUGradinTX

In all that you wrote, you didn't bother to answer the one question I had posed to you. I didn't ask for your nonsensical interpretation of the 2nd amendment. I asked why you refuse to acknowledge the writings of some framers & founders who wrote about tyrannical government being opposed by an armed citizenry.

Please see post 117.

Now please point out exactly where I made "nonsensical interpretations" of the second amendment.

I would also be interested in your reaction to anything else in "all I wrote". After all, that's why we are here, isn't it?

If you refer to post #111 and read the article I linked you would see that your particular interpretation of the 2nd amendment and over-reliance on the prefatory phrase is identified as "the collective rights model" and has been discredited by the courts. In District of Columbia vs Heller, Justice Scalia wrote the majority opinion and said this:

Of the collective rights model that holds that the right to arms is based on militia membership, the U.S. Supreme Court in Heller said:

A purposive qualifying phrase that contradicts the word or phrase it modifies is unknown this side of the looking glass (except, apparently, in some courses on Linguistics). If “bear arms” means, as we think, simply the carrying of arms, a modifier can limit the purpose of the carriage (“for the purpose of self-defense” or “to make war against the King”). But if “bear arms” means, as the petitioners and the dissent think, the carrying of arms only for military purposes, one simply cannot add “for the purpose of killing game.” The right “to carry arms in the militia for the purpose of killing game” is worthy of the mad hatter.

Your interpretation is nonsense.

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? -- The Mad Hatter

The opposition of tyrannical government is not "obsoleted." It's timeless and relevant to every generation for them to ensure it doesn't ever happen in this country -- just like the framers & founders wrote about some 230-40 years ago.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The opposition of tyrannical government is not "obsoleted." It's timeless and relevant to every generation for them to ensure it doesn't ever happen in this country -- just like the framers & founders wrote about some 230-40 years ago.

BS.

It's a myth.

How about postulating a hypothetical example of "it" happening in this country and how you are going to prevent it if only you have your "man card".

I plan on being ready because nothing is beyond the realm of possibilities with Obama. You can't "know" something will never happen. I believe that IS where Obama wants to go.

Exactly. He's recruiting a secret negro army even as we speak.

we kid but some people believe this crap.

Obama spoke of creating a civilian defense force just a well funded trained and equipped as our military. Summer 2008 campaign speech in Denver. Who do you think is this force's enemy? Will they fight against our military? Will they be sworn to Obama and not the constitution? BTW the first two brigades were funded in Obamacare. What does that have to do with health care? Nothing. No big deal just keep your head in the sand and trust your future to your savior. Did you just imply a negro army is bad?

This conversation went a little off the rails, didn't it?

Jordan, I believe he's implying it's unbelievable.

I plan on being ready because nothing is beyond the realm of possibilities with Obama. You can't "know" something will never happen. I believe that IS where Obama wants to go.

Yes they do and what's more frightening is that many of them somehow believe it is Biblical. There is actually a group of these folks in Prattville.

Yes they do and what's more frightening is that many of them somehow believe it is Biblical. There is actually a group of these folks in Prattville.

when you dont have a legit argument, you have to get creative i guess.

What bible are they reading? It's definitely not the same one I am reading.

It's often implied that Obama is the anti-Christ and that we are nearing Armageddon. I know it sounds silly, but like ICHY said, some people genuinely believe it.

I'm with you Weegs. I don't think they sing Jesus Loves Me in Sunday School.

It's often implied that Obama is the anti-Christ and that we are nearing Armageddon. I know it sounds silly, but like ICHY said, some people genuinely believe it.

True. Thank God that I will be taken before all that happens.

BS.

It's a myth.

How about postulating a hypothetical example of "it" happening in this country and how you are going to prevent it if only you have your "man card".

What exactly is a myth? The founders & framers were pretty clear about the opposition to government tyranny. All their writings are available for anyone to read.

Speaking of myths, what is this "man-card" you keep mewling about? Is this another one of your made-up phrases you delude yourself into thinking any adult would actually use ... kind of like "military-purposed weapons?"

BS.

It's a myth.

What exactly is a myth? The founders & framers were pretty clear about the opposition to government tyranny. All their writings are available for anyone to read.

Speaking of myths, what is this "man-card" you keep mewling about? Is this another one of your made-up phrases you delude yourself into thinking any adult would actually use ... kind of like "military-purposed weapons?"

The idea of an armed citizenry as a meaningful counterbalance to our government is a myth.

It might have had some relevance in the late 18 century assuming the absence of a standing army and considering a muzzle loading musket or rifle represented the state-of-the-art infantry weapon, but in 2013 it is a romantic myth.

While such a myth can obviously have political power, it has absolutely no practical relevance in the modern world except to provide an illusion of personal power. (Thus, the use of of "man card". Even the manufacturers acknowledge this sort of mythical appeal to personal power by using the term "man card". http://www.salon.com...le_ad_campaign/

Does that help?

P.S.:

You really think "military-purposed weapon" is terminology an adult wouldn't use? I thought it was less ambiguous "assault rifle". And it doesn't attract the sort of stupid, simple-minded responses the use of "assault rifle" does.

At least it hasn't until now.

BS.

It's a myth.

The idea of an armed citizenry as a meaningful counterbalance to our government is a myth.

It might have had some relevance in the late 18 century assuming the absence of a standing army and considering a muzzle loading musket or rifle represented the state-of-the-art infantry weapon, but in 2013 it is a romantic myth.

While such a myth can obviously have political power, it has absolutely no practical relevance in the modern world except to provide an illusion of personal power. (Thus, the use of of "man card". Even the manufacturers acknowledge this sort of mythical appeal to personal power by using the term "man card". http://www.salon.com...le_ad_campaign/

Does that help?

P.S.:

You really think "military-purposed weapon" is terminology an adult wouldn't use? I thought it was less ambiguous "assault rifle". And it doesn't attract the sort of stupid, simple-minded responses the use of "assault rifle" does.

Do you automatically believe everything you read on the internet? I checked out the Salon.com article and clicked on the links within it -- not one were legitimate. Then I searched for the Bushmaster Firearms website and couldn't find anything remotely like an official Man Card Offer on it: http://www.bushmaster.com/index.asp

Conclusion: the whole thing is a sick hoax by some loathsome individual. So, are you currently dating a French model you found thru the interwebs?

IRA says hello...

A technologically and numerically outnumbered force that fought off British occupants... Just saying.

Are you suggesting an IRA/terrorist model of resistance has potential relevance to our country? I'd like to hear that scenario.

BS.

It's a myth.

Does that help?

P.S.:

Do you automatically believe everything you read on the internet? I checked out the Salon.com article and clicked on the links within it -- not one were legitimate. Then I searched for the Bushmaster Firearms website and couldn't find anything remotely like an official Man Card Offer on it: http://www.bushmaste...com/index.asp

Conclusion: the whole thing is a sick hoax by some loathsome individual. So, are you currently dating a French model you found thru the interwebs?

Search Bushmaster + man card. And yes, Bushmaster ended the campaign as soon as it started to get a lot of attention.

IRA says hello...

A technologically and numerically outnumbered force that fought off British occupants... Just saying.

With all due respect, that may be about the greatest oversimplification of that conflict I've ever seen.

Had it not been two westernized countries, one could have and would have removed the other from the face of the planet. To say an inferior force resisted a greater power when that superior force used restraint in applying ultimate power, and it should be obvious to all but the blind that is what they did, is not telling the whole truth. I'm not defending either approach/participant in the conflict.

Some would even say that occupation was due to subversive activity and some will say resistance was in response to them being present. There was also an overwhelming religious overtone, really a vast oversimplification in order to support your view. Doesn't work.

IRA says hello...

With all due respect, that may be about the greatest oversimplification of that conflict I've ever seen.

Had it not been two westernized countries, one could have and would have removed the other from the face of the planet. To say an inferior force resisted a greater power when that superior force used restraint in applying ultimate power, and it should be obvious to all but the blind that is what they did, is not telling the whole truth. I'm not defending either approach/participant in the conflict.

Some would even say that occupation was due to subversive activity and some will say resistance was in response to them being present. There was also an overwhelming religious overtone, really a vast oversimplification in order to support your view. Doesn't work.

Colonial America v/s British Empire. The colonists, many of British blood, grew tired of the ever powerful monarchy. Sure, there were those who were loyal to the crown, but the Colonial Americans rose up against all odds, with some luck, cunning, and late in the game support, to drive out the British and claim Liberty for themselves. And they did it using the military might of the day. Cannon, Ship, and Musket.

Just to be simplistic and all. ;):poke:

History is wonderful, yet has no bearing on the power or weapons available to any of the participants in the situation I mentioned, thanks though.

You MUST have missed the whole poking fun there.

That said, i think the argument can be made that a semi-automatic rifle compared to the military hardware of the U.S. is much like the musket of the 1770's.

Archived