The one thing I am certain of

benjazz

is that Jay Jacobs must go NOW. When both of your top revenue producing sports drop to the bottom of the SEC, its time to get him out. Put a PROFESSIONAL and EXPERIENCED AD in and let him make the decision on Barbee after next season. Otherwise Auburn is destined to be bottom feeders for a long long time.

Yes, Fire JJ and then go OUTSIDE of Auburn and hire a new AD. No matter how bad basketball and baseball get I do not want JJ to evaluate, fire or hire any coach at Auburn.

Yes, Fire JJ and then go OUTSIDE of Auburn and hire a new AD. No matter how bad basketball and baseball get I do not want JJ to evaluate, fire or hire any coach at Auburn.

Yes hire somebody with NO I repeat NO ties to Auburn an imaginative outsider who could clean house.

Yes hire somebody with NO I repeat NO ties to Auburn an imaginative outsider who could clean house.

Unfortunately, this will never happen. BOT's will not allow it. But, I agree... this is what needs to happen.

Couldn't agree more, however, I just don't see this happening.

Guest jojo1515

One thing I am certain of: we are having the same discussion about Bball and Jj as we did about 4 months ago in the fball threads. Not a good trend

same people with same views having the same discussion......boy that's a big surprise isn't it. :-\

Unfortunately, this will never happen. BOT's will not allow it. But, I agree... this is what needs to happen.

I understand the BOT's won't go for this but why? I don't get it. If these men and women are such successful business people don't they realize that sometimes a fresh perspective from the outside of an organization that's in shambles can be the better way to go? Is it really just about holding onto their power and being able to control an AD? If that's the case then we are screwed haha

Basketball team has slipped into unrecognizable depths of crappy terribleness and I have no clue why....not sure firing Jacobs is going to fix that.

Legend has it that when Shug Jordan applied for the Auburn job, one of the main things against him was that he was an Auburn man. Shug's response: "If they don't think an Auburn man is capable of doing the job they should shut the damn place down". I agree.

Not that it necessarily HAS to be an Auburn man, but if that disqualifies him, we're doing a piss-poor job of producing leaders.

Legend has it that when Shug Jordan applied for the Auburn job, one of the main things against him was that he was an Auburn man. Shug's response: "If they don't think an Auburn man is capable of doing the job they should shut the damn place down". I agree.

Not that it necessarily HAS to be an Auburn man, but if that disqualifies him, we're doing a piss-poor job of producing leaders.

I don't care if we replace JJ with an Auburn Man or not. We need the best that we can get - now that may be the limiting factor. If it is an Auburn Man, he must be distanced from the current PTB down on the Plains.

I don't care if we replace JJ with an Auburn Man or not. We need the best that we can get - now that may be the limiting factor. If it is an Auburn Man, he must be distanced from the current PTB down on the Plains.

Say what you want about the PTB, but methinks they probably enjoy being the PTB.....accordingly, they'll probably avoid hiring someone who thinks differently than they do.

Say what you want about the PTB, but methinks they probably enjoy being the PTB.....accordingly, they'll probably avoid hiring someone who thinks differently than they do.

Good point. Also, anybody that thinks the PTB at Auburn aren't just as interested in winning as we fans are isn't thinking very well. They want our teams to succeed too.

Archived