LSU game 3 thread

So, football, basketball, and baseball have had fundamentally flawed teams that make it difficult to even watch. Where does Auburn find these coaches?

Jay Jacobs hires nice guys. Pawlowski is the Gene Chizik of baseball.

Not exactly. He was successful at CoC, and in 2010 at AU he had a 38-17 and 19 SEC win season, making it the most SEC wins an Auburn team has ever had in the regular season.

Pawlowski can coach. Give it a rest.

So, football, basketball, and baseball have had fundamentally flawed teams that make it difficult to even watch. Where does Auburn find these coaches?

Not exactly. He was successful at CoC, and in 2010 at AU he had a 38-17 and 19 SEC win season, making it the most SEC wins an Auburn team has ever had in the regular season.

Chizik's SEC coaching record was 15-17 (47%). Pawlowski's SEC coaching record is currently 58-68 (46%). And they are both REALLY nice guys.

Well since I know ill get jumped on for expressing my displeasure with current state of AU baseball, ill just give everyone a War Eagle and hope we rally next weekend. Been a tough year for us Tiger fans

And both made the programs worse than they were when they got here.

Not time to give it a rest. People who are questioning the job he has done at AU have every right to do so. Yes, as you pointed out, he did win 19 SEC games in 2010 but look at the roster. We had Hunter Morris, Trent Mummey, Brian Fletcher, Kevin Patterson, and Casey McElroy. These were Slater's recruits, at least Morris, Mummey, and Fletcher were and I am pretty sure Patterson and McElroy were also. He inherited our 3 best players in their junior season who led the team. Pawlowski has done nothing since. So can he coach? He did it CoC but the SEC is a much tougher league. The question is very much there so no, we sould not give it a rest. We expect to be competing every year and have success like the 2010 season. This is not what we have gotten.

The agony of this entire sports year grows heavy on my shoulders.

Even the Bammers at work have given up razzing me.

We're just pitiful.

Nobody wants to keep reading the same old whining over and over. If you think what you are saying is new....it's not. Repeating it post after post is ruining this whole site.

Nobody wants to keep reading the same old whining over and over. If you think what you are saying is new....it's not. Repeating it post after post is ruining this whole site.

I don't think it's because of what anyone on here is saying. It's called the cumulative effect of 2012....

I'm just going to stop posting about it at all if we can't speak our mind.

I'll go out on a limb and say that nobody really wants to keep posting it. And no, it's not new. Seems like one of the most common posts around here is SSDD. What's ruining the site has nothing to do with with what's being written. This is the SEC and this team is 0-6. Next weekend won't be any easier, I sincerely hope we can post something new and different.

You are entitled to your opinion,certainly, but you are probably wrong about the wanting. There are plenty of posters with a sour outlook, and they don't want to see any positive in anything AU does.

But I am sick of it. There really is no need for continuing to post the same negativity non stop in every thread. Everybody has read it a million times so maybe it's time to just shut up for a minute. It's not that the concerns are not valid...it's that the negativity overwhelms everything, and it just never stops.

Why has JJ not extended this man's contract?

He deserves a raise no less!!

Keep after 'em Coach Paw!

You da' man!

Coach Barbee too!

Hopefully, if enough of us that LOVE Auburn post and say enough negative stuff, we can help effect a change. One thing's certain, if we do nothing there will be no change.

To expand on IManAUBURNlifer's excellent remarks above, 2010 happened in spite of Pawloski, not because of him. That was the best hitting team in AU history and they had good defense at critical positions. Coach Paw couldn't even get to the last day of the SEC tournament with them and lost the NCAA regional hosted in our own stadium. That 2010 team was capable of much, much better but silly in-game decisions and general mis-management kept them from going farther.

At least Chizik won a national championship with outstanding talent. Pawloski couldn't even win the conference!

Hopefully, if enough of us that LOVE Auburn post and say enough negative stuff, we can help effect a change. One thing's certain, if we do nothing there will be no change.

To expand on IManAUBURNlifer's excellent remarks above, 2010 happened in spite of Pawloski, not because of him. That was the best hitting team in AU history and they had good defense at critical positions. Coach Paw couldn't even get to the last day of the SEC tournament with them and lost the NCAA regional hosted in our own stadium. That 2010 team was capable of much, much better but silly in-game decisions and general mis-management kept them from going farther.

At least Chizik won a national championship with outstanding talent. Pawloski couldn't even win the conference!

Whining on a message board does nothing except annoy others. Your negativity is misdirected. Send somebody an email with your complaints if you feel the need to express your dissatisfaction.

Whining on a message board does nothing except annoy others. Your negativity is misdirected. Send somebody WHO CAN MAKE A CHANGE an email with your complaints if you feel the need to express your dissatisfaction.

++

Whining on a message board does nothing except annoy others. Your negativity is misdirected. Send somebody an email with your complaints if you feel the need to express your dissatisfaction.

I have expressed my opinion to those in a position of authority. If telling the truth on a message board encourages even one more Auburn man or woman to do the same, I'm glad I did it.

Lets see: 0-6 in the conference and haven't had the lead even once in those six games. After all of fall practice, pre-season practice and pre-conference games our manager can't identify pitchers that might get us through three innings without issuing multiple walks and hitting multiple batters. We get more guys picked off base than your average 13-year old team....I could go on and on.

What are we supposed to write on an AU baseball forum, that everything is wonderful?

You are entitled to your opinion,certainly, but you are probably wrong about the wanting. There are plenty of posters with a sour outlook, and they don't want to see any positive in anything AU does.

But I am sick of it. There really is no need for continuing to post the same negativity non stop in every thread. Everybody has read it a million times so maybe it's time to just shut up for a minute. It's not that the concerns are not valid...it's that the negativity overwhelms everything, and it just never stops.

I wish it would stop as well but the best way for it to stop is to see things turn around. You are sick of the negativity. I'm sick of the reasons for it. ;)

I wish it would stop as well but the best way for it to stop is to see things turn around. You are sick of the negativity. I'm sick of the reasons for it. ;)

And you really think the Negative Nancys" are going to come around if AU wins a few games? :-\ I don't think so. This is baseball after all and there will always be an error, a management decision or failed bunt attempt that gives the NNs fodder for their attitudes.

I wish it would stop as well but the best way for it to stop is to see things turn around. You are sick of the negativity. I'm sick of the reasons for it. ;)/>

And you really think the Negative Nancys" are going to come around if AU wins a few games? :-\/> I don't think so. This is baseball after all and there will always be an error, a management decision or failed bunt attempt that gives the NNs fodder for their attitudes.

Again, "That's baseball" works for one game or even one series. When you watch a team do MORE of these things than the opposition for four and a half seasons, "that's baseball" no longer applies. When these things happen way, way too often for nearly five years it becomes "that's Pawloski's brand of baseball" and unless you like losing it's time for a change.

Archived