MSU game 1

Game was tied at 1-1 when my radio broadcast was dropped and I've not seen a score since then. Anyone out there with ESPNU or something got an update?

6-3 MSU. Tigers have committed 4 errors and allowed walks all over the place. Of the 6 puppy runs, MSU earned just one of them.

No comment.

5 of 8 runners left on base were in scoring position. Just another game v/s quality SEC teams.

I wonder if the MSU pitching coach would be interested in coming back to Auburn?

Painful to give away a game like that. I just don't understand the errors. I think this team has given up almost as many unearned runs as earned runs...must drive the pitcher crazy to work so hard to keep the ball in play and then have routine balls mishandled.

Game is in a lightning delay

I believe 4 runs tonight have been unearned giving us 50 on the year. That is equal to how many unearned we gave up last season. The consistent lack of defense and fundamentals are pathetic. We give away to many runs. It is embarrassing for a collegiate program to play defense like we do. Nothing frustrates me more than giving away runs and that is the one thing we probably do best as a team. It has been that way since Coach P got here

/rant

Through tonight's (38th) game, Auburn has allowed 172 runs, 122 of which were earned (50 unearned runs, 29%) which of course is worst in the league. By comparison LSU (through 38 games) has given up 103 runs, 95 were earned (8 unearned). Kentucky (through 36 games), which is next to last in the league, has allowed 160 runs, 119 earned (41 unearned).

Walking three and kicking the ball around in the same inning is going to get ya' beat every time. I don't think they'll be finishing this game tonight, the front's moved in.

As a TV time waster, they picked an all AU/MSU softball team. Ten man team, five from each school. The only requirement was the players be current or former students. Auburn's players:

1B, Charles Barkley

SS, Bo Jackson

LF, Cam Newton

RF, Lionel Richie

P, Jimmy Buffett.

We'd make better music, plus Bo and Cam would hit some softballs OUT. MSU's five? Freddy Smoot at CF was the only guy I knew well enough to remember.

Well, 2 of the 3 walks were pitching around Renfro and the walk to the 9th hitter should have been strike 3 by all accounts. Errors once again extend the innings and a balk issued was the 2nd earned run. Outside of the homer, 4 ground balls and an infield hit. Plus having 1 or 2 runners on in all but one inning and leaving 7 I believe in scoring position makes it hard to win games. We can definitely win against these guys, we just have to quit beating ourselves. But we still have 2 more innings to go tomorrow, maybe we can get it out of our system and pull it out. War Eagle!

6-3 MSU. Tigers have committed 4 errors and allowed walks all over the place. Of the 6 puppy runs, MSU earned just one of them.

No comment.

4 errors tonight and 3 runs scored for msu without a hit

5 of 8 runners left on base were in scoring position. Just another game v/s quality SEC teams.

I wonder if the MSU pitching coach would be interested in coming back to Auburn?

SSDD

Well, 2 of the 3 walks were pitching around Renfro and the walk to the 9th hitter should have been strike 3 by all accounts. Errors once again extend the innings and a balk issued was the 2nd earned run. Outside of the homer, 4 ground balls and an infield hit. Plus having 1 or 2 runners on in all but one inning and leaving 7 I believe in scoring position makes it hard to win games. We can definitely win against these guys, we just have to quit beating ourselves. But we still have 2 more innings to go tomorrow, maybe we can get it out of our system and pull it out. War Eagle!

That's what we've been saying for five seasons now. Same ol' same ol'.

Game is in a lightning delay

I believe 4 runs tonight have been unearned giving us 50 on the year. That is equal to how many unearned we gave up last season. The consistent lack of defense and fundamentals are pathetic. We give away to many runs. It is embarrassing for a collegiate program to play defense like we do. Nothing frustrates me more than giving away runs and that is the one thing we probably do best as a team. It has been that way since Coach P got here

/rant

It makes me wonder what we work on in practice. We over throw cut-off men. We are a horrible fielding team. We can't bunt for squat. Base running E's abound. Baseball is not a hard game........but we make it hard with deplorable fundamentals.

Archived