Scouting Report: WSU vs. Auburn's defense

Sid

You know, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Carl get lots of playing time even if the game is close (which it will, you guys anticipating an easy win prepare to be disappointed)--or, dare I say it, to see him start. He's the type of guy we need to mess up an offense like Leach's. He'd obviously make some true fresh mistakes, being his first ever college game, but he is an asset to our team that should be used. Would be awesome to see him get his first sack!

Funny dis on Joel at the end there. Good read, i always enjoy another teams perspective of AU. I'm hoping that we can get enough pass rush to prevent too many big plays down the field. Therefore limiting how much they can score. I think their defense is going to have a real hard time stopping us. Getting closer....

I see our young defense cutting its teeth on an opponent that is actually a pretty decent ball club. I predict a 38-17 Auburn win, with Auburn racking up nearly 500 yards of offense. WSU will come away with 310 total yards of offense with a late TD with less than 5 minutes left in the game. Just the way the doc sees it in the season opener!

How about we knock out the QB in the first quarter?!? Washington's o-line is not good at all. imo With the speed of an SEC D, send five and rock him early!

I actually told my better half that if we don't take out their Qb before half time, I would be disappointed.

We should use this philosophy when uat comes to town!!! Boy, I would Really love that!!

We should use it every game, my friend. Every game

I agree, calling Gus tomorrow! :jossun: I just think bring five and dropping the rest back, will do very well. Their QB will have no choice but fire short pass's and/or be eating dirt for lost yards. Watch WSU buying time with rolling the QB out a lot more than normal. IMO I do believe they can move the ball, but, they do not have the players on both sides of the ball to win against a GOOD SEC team.

WSU dropped passes, deflected balls, & inaccurate passes will create stalled drives/3nOuts... going to give in to AU's time consuming & pounding run game. Time of possession, first downs, yardage will weigh heavily in favor of the Tigers.

Auburn has 10,000 total yard, because cam comes back and plays QB for us. Trust me. Im an insider

Auburn has 10,000 total yard, because cam comes back and plays QB for us. Trust me. Im an insider

No way! He only gets 6,000 due to the fact he is taken out before halftime. :bananadance:

No way! He only gets 6,000 due to the fact he is taken out before halftime. :bananadance:/>

Quite the opposite. Coaches plan on putting him on the field for 6 quarters, and putting only linemen on the field with him. Should he need to throw the ball, he will simply lob it up and go catch it.

Carl Lawson starts this game and gets at least 3 sacks, mark it down. You people are not giving him enough credit ;)

Carl Lawson starts this game and gets at least 3 sacks, mark it down. You people are not giving him enough credit ;)/>

Psh.. i could get 3 sacks on em if the oline was having to block cam opposite me. Just sayin..

How would we feel about AU's success or failure if we opened against any of the following teams to start the 2013 season?

Clemson

North Carolina

VaTech

TCU

Okl State

How would we feel about AU's success or failure if we opened against any of the following teams to start the 2013 season?

Clemson

North Carolina

VaTech

TCU

Okl State

I think it depends on what we see coming out of Fall practice. In all seriousness, we don't know about a lot of our positions nor how much of our O and D has been installed or how well our guys will perform. I trust our coaches but don't want to get my hopes up this year. Going into any game we have a chance to win but you never know what will happen in each game....

Clemson

North Carolina

VaTech

TCU

Okl State

I think it depends on what we see coming out of Fall practice. In all seriousness, we don't know about a lot of our positions nor how much of our O and D has been installed or how well our guys will perform. I trust our coaches but don't want to get my hopes up this year. Going into any game we have a chance to win but you never know what will happen in each game....

I know what you mean. Personally, I'd rather be playing a WashState team that was worse than we were last year than opening up with the teams that our SEC brothers are opening up with. Heck, right now I wouldn't even want to open with OleMiss or Vandy. BTW, that Thursday night SEC matchup is going to be really fun to watch on 8/29 - start off the football season with two decent SEC teams going head to head. I can't wait!

Clemson

North Carolina

VaTech

TCU

Okl State

I know what you mean. Personally, I'd rather be playing a WashState team that was worse than we were last year than opening up with the teams that our SEC brothers are opening up with. Heck, right now I wouldn't even want to open with OleMiss or Vandy. BTW, that Thursday night SEC matchup is going to be really fun to watch on 8/29 - start off the football season with two decent SEC teams going head to head. I can't wait!

We have opened up with teams like that (too many times to count). I am glad we are starting it slow (by the way, we probably didnt know where WSU was going to be when we scheduled them). We need as many cupcakes as the season affords to get back into CGM's offense.

Archived