Does Rader stay on?

DKW 86

Just for the Tide guys here folks. I think Kines is doing a great job and said so in other posts. Give Shula credit for recognizing that the coaching staff turnovers were a primary problem. He took the grief and kept Kines and it is paying off.

Does :ua: keep Rader though? I dont know. He is beginning to remind me of Mazzone. Limited play book and limited execution.

What say you guys? Rader in 2005 or new blood?

That is a tough one.

Dave Rader's playcalling is a bit vanilla. On the offense as a whole, he has been fair when I consider the losses of Croyle and Hudson. He does not have what I would call a stellar past, hence why he was out of coaching for a number of years. He has had his moments, but with the sanctions, injuries, and all, I would say that he is not out.

We will need to see something strong from him over the next season for him to get secure here at the Capstone.

I don't think Radar has had a chance to show his full colors just yet. He was doing a great job with Brodie in at the beginning of the year, but the options became limited for him VERY quicky. I think with what he has, he has done a good job at winning 6 and keeping us in most of the others. He can't make the reciever catch the ball and he can't make Pennington's passes any more accurate than they are.

A coach can only do so much.

Radar stays. Like Foley said, Shula calls most of the plays.

Very fair I guess. I agree. What can he do with these types of Injuries. BTW, Who is the RB's Coach anyway. He must be pretty good.

If Rader leaves, it will be because he wants to, not because he gets fired. Besides, like a couple of others have said, Shula calls the plays anyway.

Sparky Woods is the RB coach.

Not that I'm a bammer but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night, so here goes. Rader and Shula has a very close relationship. I spent a good bit of time with both when shula was QB at bama. Even got a little coaching from Rader myself. He is very good with the QB's and teaches the fundamentals well, especially how to read defenses. So I think that Shula is extremely comfortable with him to lean on. Don't know if he will ever be full-fledged OC, but time will tell.

So you are talking about a relationship that spans over 20 years(God I'm getting old). Hard to break those up on just a whim.

I dont think it would be fair to fire Rader. Honestly, I think the vanilla play calling has been result of personell and wanting to keep the game close. And they have come up with some nice wrinkles to make us effective in the red zone, even with limited players.

Before Brodie went down, they were letting it rip. We sure will have some experienced running backs and fullbacks next year :)

Archived