• Tre Mason
    • Cameron Artis-Payne
    • Corey Grant
    • Peyton Barber
    • Nick Marshall
    • Other

Who will it be?

Returning starter Tre Mason who gained 1,003 yards last season

JUCO Transfer Cameron Artis-Payne who ran for over 2,000 yards last season and was the star of A-day

Corey Grant the transfer from Alabama who lit up Washington state with his comparable speed to McCalebb and his 30 extra pounds

Peyton Barber the huge freshman who may be an underdog in this poll considering he could redshirt

Or

Nick Marshall the shifty JUCO QB who proved if nothing else he can extend a play.

It is very hard

I want to say Grant, but I want to say Mason but I want to say CAP

Lets hope they all tie for 1,500.

We have 13 games

If Grant runs for 150 every game and the other two make the most of their runs, they can both get 100+ easy

One should have 1400 I'd think

Grant looked great...and he has a higher ceiling than O-Mac because he is harder to tackle. With Marshall a strong threat to run, look for Grant to be extra dangerous on plays where he, Marshall, AND either Mason or Payne are all in the backfield together.

Mason, best ypc will be Grant.

^This^. Tre will consistently lead us in yardage and carries per game while Grant leads in YPC (which his role should do, i.e OMAC). CAP has a good season though and I could see a game or two where he puts up a monster stat line.

Mason, best ypc will be Grant.

^This^. Tre will consistently lead us in yardage and carries per game while Grant leads in YPC (which his role should do, i.e OMAC). CAP has a good season though and I could see a game or two where he puts up a monster stat line.

I would look for CAP to keep his wildcat role. I think short yardage with JP and Grant in the backfield with him will be something to look forward to.

I think Mason leads all rushers, while CAP and Grant contribute significantly in their own ways. I'm not sure Barber might not redshirt anyway, even with Ford moving to DB, so long as the backs stay relatively healthy. Just seems to me that Tre has the best vision of the group, and as long as he keeps the ball secure, he'll be getting the most carries.

I think Mason leads all rushers, while CAP and Grant contribute significantly in their own ways. I'm not sure Barber might not redshirt anyway, even with Ford moving to DB, so long as the backs stay relatively healthy. Just seems to me that Tre has the best vision of the group, and as long as he keeps the ball secure, he'll be getting the most carries.

I agree with this for the most part I don't expect Grant to consistently put up those numbers (although I'd like to see that). It would be best to redshirt Barber, and I do have to say I'm glad they went right back to Mason after the fumble.

Archived