You would think...

tigerbrotha12

This team and these three seniors would be a little hungry to have some sort of success, because they've never even made it as far as the NIT; do you think there is any fight in this team to believe they can be a great team or does it seem as if it will be just another going through the motion season?

This team has a ways to go in terms of chemistry. Lots of new guys and that means they have to learn to play together. It's not like UK where they can take a bunch of FR and win because their talent overcomes their lack of togetherness, especially early in the season. It's been one of Barbee's biggest issues since he's arrived on the Plains. It's a new team every year and they just don't ever seem to fully gel. It remains to be seen if this team can get any chemistry in time to win enough games to make the NIT. It will be a challenge for sure.

Sorry imo it will not be a great season lets just hope for a decent season

I agree. Watching the 6' 6" center for Paine College own the paint was a little discouraging. Our big men need to set up cots in the weight room.

I disagree to an extent. Our starting 5 was ADT, Payne, Denson, KT, Taj. Only Taj wasn't here last year. Our problem is the lack of bulk inside. We were outrebounded by Nicholls State in the first half. We need to find a rebounder or 2 if we have any chance at an NIT bid.

I think there is some hope for this team. Playing in Bahamas gave them a little more time then usual to get team chemistry as the year goes on with Atewe getting healthy and Griciunas getting more PT we could put a couple of big guys out together as both Atewe and Griciunas can play power forward. Our Point guard play has improved with Canada and Shamsid-Dean. Shooting guard with Harrell and Denson will be a strength, we need a couple of the forwards to step up provide some rebounding, some scoring and some tough d.

Will we be great year probably not but you never know for sure. Do we have a chance to be a solid mid-tier SEC team yes, but it will have to be like the football team get a little better every game. I honestly think this is best talent I have seen at Auburn in last 6 years (didn't say they were great talent) now can they become a team and play hard every night.

I feel better today then I did at end of last year.

This team and these three seniors would be a little hungry to have some sort of success, because they've never even made it as far as the NIT; do you think there is any fight in this team to believe they can be a great team or does it seem as if it will be just another going through the motion season?

Of course they want to win. Of course they are hungry. Who wouldn't be. Effort will not be an issue this season.

Archived