For this season to be a success...

tigerbrotha12

We need to win at least half of our SEC games and majority of our non-conference games and at end of season we can't lose any more players. Can't build a team without continuity. These are very reasonable goals if we can't reach them, then we need a new coach who can start the long road back to respectability.

What is sad is I don't think we can reach these goals and I have been a sunshine pumper.

Finish above .500 in SEC play, make it past the 2nd round of the SEC tourney and make a post-season tournament...any post-season tournament.

This team needs to gel. It's early and they aren't familiar with playing together. There's more legitimate scorers this year but they will struggle on the boards due to lack of talented size. Post play will be anemic so they will need to rely on pace and penetration to create open outside shots.

Success for AU basketball lately is going .500. Let's hope they can do that.

I gave up on this season when Barbee lost three of the four freshmen that played last year. We were all saying last season that he simply HAD to keep his recruits together. Once again he failed to do so. What I don't understand is why he wasn't fired last March.

Yes, win half the SEC games and most of the OOC games, win two in the SEC tournament and get into the Dance and I'll eat a game program on the steps of The Arena. It ain't gonna' happen.

I gave up on this season when Barbee lost three of the four freshmen that played last year. We were all saying last season that he simply HAD to keep his recruits together. Once again he failed to do so. What I don't understand is why he wasn't fired last March.

Yes, win half the SEC games and most of the OOC games, win two in the SEC tournament and get into the Dance and I'll eat a game program on the steps of The Arena. It ain't gonna' happen.

Agreed. Losing Price and Shaq Johnson was the icing on the cake for me.

The only player I wish was on our team now that was dismissed last year would be Shaq. I truly believed he could be an All-SEC type guy by his junior/senior season. Unfortunately, he made a few bone-headed mistakes that cost him. For this year to be a success, I believe we should win at least 7 games in the SEC, win 17 or 18 regular season games, get better as the season goes on, and lose no more than 1 player that is not a senior this year. If these things happen, I will be really excited about the future of the program and next year.

I reiterate what I have already said. Get to some kind of post season tournament or have a darn good reason why you didn't. After the Northwestern whatever debacle that seems unlikely. For the next coach to gain my trust he must come in and say:

1. I will find 10 good players in Alabama or the surrounding states who want to play at Auburn

2. Those players will work hard and be around in 4 years and graduate and they will not care what kind of shoes they wear.

3. They will not embarrass Auburn University but will be good Auburn men.

4. At the end of 4 years with me and my staff Auburn will have that team in the top half of the SEC.

I simply do not think that is too much to ask.

I reiterate what I have already said. Get to some kind of post season tournament or have a darn good reason why you didn't. After the Northwestern whatever debacle that seems unlikely. For the next coach to gain my trust he must come in and say:

1. I will find 10 good players in Alabama or the surrounding states who want to play at Auburn

2. Those players will work hard and be around in 4 years and graduate and they will not care what kind of shoes they wear.

4. At the end of 4 years with me and my staff Auburn will have that team in the top half of the SEC.

I like it. Look at what Butler has been able to do with sub-par athletes. They have players that play four years and graduate. Top recruiting will come with success.

You nailed it. Some people can't grasp the idea that a team CANNOT lose three of every four recruits every year and field a winner. Those guys that leave don't have to be future stars, the very act of losing them means starting over. If they just hang around, play and practice hard until they are juniors and seniors the wins will come. Barbee's failure to retain players is the big reason he can't field a winning team.

Archived