Superstition. This guy's shoes.

AUtigers2324

Auburn fan believes lucky shoes helped team: 'It's not weird if it works'

Dec 11 2013, 5:42 PMChris Battaglia

One Auburn fan is convinced his shoes helped the team post a miraculous 12-1 record on its way to a berth in the BCS National Championship game.

Adam Miller, from Anniston, Alabama, began wearing his limited edition retro Air Jordans during Auburn's games and before he knew it, it was a full-blown superstition.

"I wanted to wear them for special occasions so I wore them during Auburn games," said Miller, who grew up in Anniston. "My Facebook friends would wait for me to post pictures of them on game days. It became part of a game day ritual."

Even though the black-and-red shoes have nothing in common with Auburn's orange-and-blue team colors, Miller knows they're lucky because of the one game when he forgot to wear them.

"Only game I didn't wear them was the darn LSU game," Miller told al.com. "It's not weird if it works. They are essential part to my Gameday outfit."

I wear an orange shirt for home games and a blue on away games....except the LSU game. I realized my gaffe and changed before halftime. You see how much better we played. I apologize my dear Auburn family. Please don't hate me.

Auburn fan believes lucky shoes helped team: 'It's not weird if it works'

Dec 11 2013, 5:42 PMChris Battaglia

One Auburn fan is convinced his shoes helped the team post a miraculous 12-1 record on its way to a berth in the BCS National Championship game.

Adam Miller, from Anniston, Alabama, began wearing his limited edition retro Air Jordans during Auburn's games and before he knew it, it was a full-blown superstition.

"I wanted to wear them for special occasions so I wore them during Auburn games," said Miller, who grew up in Anniston. "My Facebook friends would wait for me to post pictures of them on game days. It became part of a game day ritual."

Even though the black-and-red shoes have nothing in common with Auburn's orange-and-blue team colors, Miller knows they're lucky because of the one game when he forgot to wear them.

"Only game I didn't wear them was the darn LSU game," Miller told al.com. "It's not weird if it works. They are essential part to my Gameday outfit."

Same with my gameday shirt. I wore it every game until LSU and it was dirty and I just decided to not wear it and switch. We lost and I went back to my game day shirt. Wore it to the SEC championship even though my Polo would have been a better shirt to wear.

I shaved the week of the LSU game because we were at Disney and my wife likes the goatee better. Been rocking the beard every other game.

As I've stated in a game thread, before this season, I found my cap from the 2010 season that I wore during games and have worn it all season. So far...so good. It has allowed me to roll my Toomers Oak Tree in my back yard twice!!!! I'm the lucky one sevenlee,wash your drawers!!

I also get a new AU hat every year. Last year's hat was a "trucker" type with mesh in back and a faded (almost Tennessee orange) AU on the front. I wore it almost every day last year...and we won three games. Sorry about that. The new hat has been firmly in place this year, except for the....LSU game. I wore a new red and white Osprey hat that day to my son's away soccer game. Afterwards, we watched the first half of the LSU game at BDubs. Realizing my error, I quickly ran to the van and got the new hat. Second half went better, but the damage had been done.

I got married the day of the LSU game. The only game I didn't at least watch kickoff (outside of w. Carolina). Picked up the radio station in the car at the reception around the middle of the third. I begged and pleaded for my wife to change the date when I realized but she had already mailed invitations.

I have worn a black Duck Dynasty shirt every Saturday since the LSU game. The Brotherhood of the Beard are bringing it home for us.

Archived