Doak Walker Finalists down to 3

auburnspice

I would have thought since we have this ESPN agenda thing going, Cadillac, Brown and maybe Stewart or even Tre Smith would have been the three finalist.

Sad to see that neither made it, though. The NFL will prove who the best running backs in the nation are when they start drafting next year. Then we can boast!!!!!

I kinda figure if it had just been either of them, and not both of the them, then AU would have had a representative as a finalist. JMO Still surprised neither one of them made it though.

I kinda figure if it had just been either of them, and not both of the them,  then AU would have had a representative as a finalist. JMO  Still surprised neither one of them made it though.

126324[/snapback]

Yes. Last year Chad Lavalais was shafted because of OU's Tommie Harris. Lavalais numbers were much better, but he didn't play for the Sooners. Anyway, Oklahoma's defensive players won 2 or 3 of the awards for the year and LSU came away with 0, while LSU had the #1 defense.

I don't know what it is about playing Quarterback and Running Back at some schools. You do well at OU and/or USC and you are a Heisman frontrunner. How come Oklahoma's quarterback has won the Heisman 2 of the last 4 years? Now, they are saying White could win it again.

You're right, I guess that's the ESPN media bias against OU.

Anyhow, good luck guys in the SEC Championship. I know many LSU fans who are pulling for you to win the national title. As much as I hate Notre Dame, I have to pull for the Irish this weekend.

Geaux Tigers and Go Tigers

:lsu:

Archived