Men vs. Clemson - Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. It was a good win. Let's hope we can carry it over into the next game. We actually shot decent tonight but free throw shooting almost cost us. Glad we were able to pull it out. Our NIT chances are still alive.

I enjoyed watching that on the TV. They played better than any Barbee team I've seen so far so I'm not all that convinced they can repeat the performance, but kudos for tonight!

Went to the game last night, couple of observations.

1.) TSD is the best PG we've had since Varez Ward! :dunno:

2.) ADT is not very good. Atwe (sp) has the potential to be the starter IMO. More physical presence, might have a large upside.

3.) Malcom Canada is that overweight guy at the gym you see playing pick-up ball, and absolutely dominating everyone. (He should be the starter of TSD imo)

4.) Did Jordan Granger fall off the earth?

5.) We have absolutely no offensive identity. Settle in for a long SEC season unfortunately. :wareagle:

Went to the game last night, couple of observations.

1.) TSD is the best PG we've had since Varez Ward! :dunno:/>

2.) ADT is not very good. Atwe (sp) has the potential to be the starter IMO. More physical presence, might have a large upside.

3.) Malcom Canada is that overweight guy at the gym you see playing pick-up ball, and absolutely dominating everyone. (He should be the starter of TSD imo)

4.) Did Jordan Granger fall off the earth?

5.) We have absolutely no offensive identity. Settle in for a long SEC season unfortunately. :wareagle:/>

I agree on some points; 1.) TSD is good but is not a great driver. Much more of a point guard that has the mindset of a 2 guard sometimes. 2.) I do agree with you on this. Atewe made some mistakes but I saw hardly any effort on ADT's part all night. 3.) Malcolm Canada I believe is still very underrated. He might be better than KT in scoring in traffic, he just does not get a whole lot of opportunities to drive. This is partly due to the fact that he's not incredibly fast, I think, but on 3 separate occasions he went to the basket under fire on Thursday and got the bucket. Think he's a breakout game away from being a real force. 4.) Granger had 2 points on a jumpshot from free throw line extended but other than that really did not do a whole lot. He's got a fair mid-range game but other than that I think he is used as more of a defensive player at different points in the game. 5.) This is absolutely 100% correct. The only aspect I would question is a long SEC Season. Clemson was an 8-2 ACC team, and the guys can gain momentum from this. They've proved they can beat a solid team with that offense now if they play good enough defense, so SEC wins are POSSIBLE. We will have to wait and see...

Archived