UT/TAMU

CarolinaTiger

1st half comes to an end as UT fumbles literally on their goal line (did the ball look over to you?)...ball picked up & returned for a 99+ yard TD ...

it'll be 13-6 at halftime.

go coach fran... go TAMU. i'd love to see the BCS messed over .

ct

It was so close. But i think the ref's got it right.

I am lucky enough to have TiVo at home and I had to rewind it and watch it in slo-mo a couple of times before I made up my mind.

blocked punt for a touchdown.. muffed the kick and now the refs are sayin its a 1 point safety :blink: abc doesn't even know whats goin on.. can someone clear this up??? so i guess if you miss the kick bad enough they give you the point anyway..

if A&M wins, will this lower oklahoma's sos enough for us to make a move?

Texas just scored to make the score 13-12. They missed the extra point, the ball landed in the endzone, TXAM recovered it. They gave TX 1 point, to make it 13-13. What gives??????

if A&M wins, will this lower oklahoma's sos enough for us to make a move?

126443[/snapback]

the only thing that will help us are 1ST place votes, nothing else.... a texas loss would probably get us a couple more votes.... just like an arizona win over arizona state. that would pull votes from usc... each 1st place vote is worth 25 points... we just need a lot of things to go our way... war eagle... go irish... go big 12 north

Explanation: When TXAM recovered the ball, they tried to advance it, but got tackled in the endzone. Rule states if the kicking team gets a safety on the PAT, it's a 1 point safety. ABC is saying that when the kick was muffed, it hit several players before TXAM recovered and the play should have been dead. Weird play!!!!!!!!

I'll give this a shot...

Texas missed the extra point, but it hit somebody before it went past the line of scrimmage. Therefore it is a live ball and TAMU could advance it the other way for 2 points. However they picked it up outside the endzone and then fumbled/lateraled into their own endzone and then got tackled. Since they went into their own endzone and got tackled it is a safety. But there is a weird rule in CFB, that if there is a safety play on an extra point or 2 point-conversion that it is only worth one point.

If the ball clears the line of scrimage before it is touched, then it is a deadball and nothing can happen afterwords.

I think this should clear it up, but if anybody needs further explanation let me know!

PS...just a little added note: this line of scrimage rule is why sometimes you see fieldgoals returned the other way and other times you don't see it tried.

Hoooook em! ewwww...that hurt.

There are only two teams i would pull for UT against...Tennersee and A&M.

Yes I would be screaming War Eagle against UT (texas)...well either UT for that matter.

Archived