5 Predictions....

AubTiger14

I think Auburn's 2014 team will be a better overall team than the 2013 team. We will have a stronger overall defense and a similarly capable offense.

The maturity and depth of the rest of the OL will make up for the loss of Robinson.

The maturity, depth, and talent of the RB stable will make up for the loss of Mason.

The additional spring and summer off-season will improve our passing game, both with Marshall and the receivers.

Our defense is reloading, not rebuilding. I believe it will be better than last year.

In the SEC West, TAMU, UAT, and LSU will not have teams as strong in 2014 as in 2013.

Auburn will make a run of the SEC West.

Ole Miss is the most likely spoiler in the SEC West. They have the potential to run the table.

The SEC East should be stronger in 2014, but it may be a bloodbath between a strong USCe, a capable UGA and MO, and a resurgent UT.

I think the team overall will be better but we aren't sneaking up on anyone. Plus teams have another year to study the O, yeah we will add wrinkles, but we have to be more balanced. I hope my favorite qb is up to the challenge.

I think the team overall will be better but we aren't sneaking up on anyone. Plus teams have another year to study the O, yeah we will add wrinkles, but we have to be more balanced. I hope my favorite qb is up to the challenge.

He got us to the natty!

I think Auburn's 2014 team will be a better overall team than the 2013 team. We will have a stronger overall defense and a similarly capable offense.

The maturity and depth of the rest of the OL will make up for the loss of Robinson.

The maturity, depth, and talent of the RB stable will make up for the loss of Mason.

The additional spring and summer off-season will improve our passing game, both with Marshall and the receivers.

Our defense is reloading, not rebuilding. I believe it will be better than last year.

In the SEC West, TAMU, UAT, and LSU will not have teams as strong in 2014 as in 2013.

Ole Miss is the most likely spoiler in the SEC West. They have the potential to run the table.

The SEC East should be stronger in 2014, but it may be a bloodbath between a strong USCe, a capable UGA and MO, and a resurgent UT.

What, Ole Miss, run the table. No way. The same Ole Miss club that lost to MS ST? Ole Miss will be a tough oponent, but they will not come close to running the table, IMO.

What, Ole Miss, run the table. No way. The same Ole Miss club that lost to MS ST? Ole Miss will be a tough oponent, but they will not come close to running the table, IMO.

2014 should be a fun year in the SEC West. Both MS teams will be improved. I think they will both be good teams. bama, LSU, and TAMU will all be down a little but still very good. Some folks even think Arkmart is going to have a decent team.

I think we should be the favorites but it should be a very evenly matched division from top to bottom with the possible exception of Arkmart.

Ok. So here's my 5 predictions:

Offensive MVP: Nick Marshall, surprise pick Peyton Barber

Defensive MVP: Carl Lawson or Justin Garrett

Breakout Performer: Derrick Moncrief

Freshman of the Year: Tre Williams or Andrew Williams

Comeback Player: hard to pick between Whitaker, Holsey, and Garrett. I'm gonna split this trophy 3 ways. All 3 will be huge for this MUCH improved defense!

Archived