ESPN VOTE

autiger6

Visit the ESPN site and vote on who should play in the OB. It is just funny to see how mnay people will vote tonight that will be revealed on ESPN tonight.

I'll vote Auburn-Oklahoma. A badly missed call might have made the difference in USC winning or losing tonight and then Cal (USC's signature win) struggled badly against Southern Miss.

I agree Southern Miss had Cal n the ropes but the dreaded PAT this year. Of course nobody will look at that game being close. The JJ Arrington kid is a good player though. Also it looks like the Oklahome fans have been voting last night and have pulled the online poll closer.

...  A badly missed call might have made the difference in USC winning or losing tonight ...

129139[/snapback]

2 of USC's wins are marred by horrible 'no-call's, against VT and UCLA; it isn't only the media head-over-heals in love with the Trojans.

I'll vote Auburn-Oklahoma.  A badly missed call might have made the difference in USC winning or losing tonight and then Cal (USC's signature win) struggled badly against Southern Miss.

129139[/snapback]

What exactly was the missed call? I didn't get to see the game. I just keep on hearing about it.

Missed call...and it was a bad one, trust me:

USC up 17-10 and driving...late second quarter.

Reggie Bush catches a dump pass and gets stood up briefly. UCLA defender strips him of the ball...another Bruin defender picks it up and has nothing but green grass in front of him. Ref blows the play dead, saying his forward progress had been stopped. USC maintains possession and kicks a FG to go up 20-10.

Now, unlike some others, I will not infer that that one bad call alone cost UCLA the game...there was over a half of football to be played and there is no telling how the Trojans would have responded to being in a 17-17 tie at the half. They might have come out and dominated, they might not have. But, it was a horrible call, no two ways about it.

Archived