Geaux War Eagles!

Cajun4746

Although we'll be back at WAR next year, please know that many of your SEC bretheren in Baton Rouge were pulling for you to get the Orange Bowl. It looks like the SEC should invest in a public relations function like the PAC-10 and Big-12 to hedge their bets. Auburn went undefeated in the SEC, and then won the SEC Championship Game - PERIOD. Great season! Just make sure you finish it off right in New Orleans...

:lsu:

Like cajun said, we are always at each others throats, but this is different. I feel this is a slap to the whole SEC. I am completely pissed about this turn out. I am going to do something I thought I never would and give Tubby credit for what he said on that weak BCS selection show. He showed class and represented AU and the SEC well. He was not crying or whinning like your boy Pete Carrol was last year. Or trying to defend an illogical postion like Stoops was. Good luck in the Sugar, welcome back to Louisiana, have a good time in NOLA and we can go back at it next year.

Also I forgot, I am still pissed about the Hokies backing out on LSU this year so roll them as well.

thanxs guys, i was pullin for you last year too. maybe a miracle will happen and the ap will just split the title if we finish this thing off in new orleans. regardless, i'll be there rooting my guys and my coach on. hope you guys kick the crap out of iowa. i think we (auburn and lsu) got the toughest draws for the sec in bowl season. if we both win, i think we'll go undefeated just to have another bird to flip at the nation.

This LSU Tiger is one who thinks this is travesty of momentous proportions.

Auburn to me is the best team in the nation..

Just a joke........

congrats on your SEC title, the media cannot take that away from you or the 12-0 season.

Great Season, now hammer Va Tech. Those of us in the SEC knows what Auburn accomplished this year...

One question needs to be asked - WHY ISN'T THE SEC CRYING FOUL?

I don't know why, but certainly a case needs to be made from here on through the title game that if Auburn wins the Sugar Bowl then they deserve to split the NC like FUSC forced upon LSU last year.

Probably not crying foul because we can't even get our own league coaches to vote for us. ;)

129592[/snapback]

Well, I know for a fact that Nick Saban publicly stated that he voted Auburn #1.

As for Lou Holtz, I'm glad he is gone. He was 1 of 3 coaches last year who didn't vote LSU #1 in the Coaches Poll. That might have had something to do with the fact that Pete Carroll's whinny-ass was an asst. under Holtz.

Guest Tigrinum Major
One question needs to be asked - WHY ISN'T THE SEC CRYING FOUL? 

I don't know why, but certainly a case needs to be made from here on through the title game that if Auburn wins the Sugar Bowl then they deserve to split the NC like FUSC forced upon LSU last year.

129586[/snapback]

If Roy Kramer were still the commish, I bet we wouldn't be saying this. Slive, while is probably a good man, just doesn't "get" SEC football yet, IMO.

I guarantee 2 of them are Phat Phil and David, I'm out of a job, Cutlip. Coach Krispee Kreme all but admitted it and Coach Cutlip, who cast his vote from the unemployment line, has a history of warring with Tubby.

Not starting something here, but just wondering if there's any news on your front about Saban and the NFL. Often mentioned for the Dolphins vacancy.

Not starting something here, but just wondering if there's any news on your front about Saban and the NFL.  Often mentioned for the Dolphins vacancy.

Saban is solid at LSU. Every Cadillac coaching vacancy that becomes available often mentions his name, however, Saban loves LSU and hopefully he'll be here for quite sometime. As for now, he ain't going anywhere!

Another question for aubbies to consider - If it were 'bama being slighted for the Orange Bowl do you think the SEC would be making a fuss or the media for that matter?

If it were 'bama being slighted for the Orange Bowl do you think the SEC would be making a fuss or the media for that matter?

This situation would never happen to Bama because they are media favorites. They would never be left out.

This situation would never happen to Bama because they are media favorites.  They would never be left out.

Exactly...just like FUSC. When it didn't work for them last year, Pete Carroll and the media whinned so they could get their darlings in this year. Perhaps we shouldn't have played at all this season since the AP was set on USC and OU being 1 and 2 all year long no matter what.

True dat! Despite the fact that AU pulled even in one poll earlier this year(ie, one small component of the BCS) I firmly believe there was never any way possible, short of an OU or USC loss, we would take over the number 1 or 2 slot. It was decided before the season began.

Archived