Greetings from another Hokie

HokieJamie

Greetings from another Hokie. I see BigDave has already stopped in. Please feel free to stop by TechSideline and please feel free to take any and all cheap shots at UVA :D

I see that you guys are upset about the bowl deal. If it was VT in that spot I would be too. Pac 10 doesn't stack up even close to the SEC.

Good look to both teams and let's have a well played game January 3rd.

Happy Holidays.

Jamie

Welcome Jamie. Looking forward to talking a little football and can't wait to walk Bourbon Street again. It's been a few years. As you'll see in Dave's thread, it's a pretty civil group here but you may get a few flames initially if you talk smack because we're pissed at the world right now. :P

Good luck come Jan. 3rd.

Welcome Va Tech fan. I look forward to the game. Good luck and we will see ya in New Orleans.

Yea, well shut up! :lol::lol::lol:

JK. What's the status of your number one running back, EMO? Sorry, can't remember the spelling, only the pronunciation. Wasn't he injured for the Miami game?

Welcome to Jamie and Dave from a fellow Hokie (MS in '62). While I always pull for VT and have fond memories of Blacksburg, Auburn is my first love so it's a no brainer who I hope wins the Sugar Bowl. :D

Yea, well shut up! :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

JK.  What's the status of your number one running back, EMO?  Sorry, can't remember the spelling, only the pronunciation.  Wasn't he injured for the Miami game?

129639[/snapback]

It's Imo (in my opinion) :D:D

You're doing better then Brent "EMU" Mussburger. Please don't let him get our game to call.

Well it's a hamstring injury and he first had it happen against Maryland, over 3 weeks ago. I would think that with 3 weeks to rest and get treatment he will be ready to go. If he can't go then Humes is a very capable backup, he ran for over 100 on Miami and had a strong 2nd half against UVA.

The only other major injury we have is one of our OL has a banged up leg. Don't know his status yet.

Welcome to one of the best football boards in America...post often! :):au:

i've seen you guys play 3 times this year, but i surprisingly don't remember much about the defense. the only guy that REALLY sticks out in my mind is frosh xavier adibi. he's a man. so what do you guys really do well? great secondary? great front seven? lots of blitzing or no? just a few question for someone who'd know better than me. welcome and lookin forward to the game (although i have to admit, i wanna beat you bad so we have a shot at a split).

Hey Sheila! (Sheila told me about this board)

Ok VT defense. VT plays an aggressive, attacking style. They are built to stop the run and get pressure on the QB before he can get a good downfield read. They play man to man on the corners with Senior Eric Green (#1) and Junior Jimmy Williams (#2). Both safeties are seniors as well. Teams have beaten VT in the past by throwing the ball and spreading us out (Pitt used to kill us with Fitzgerald). If we can get to Campbell like we did to Berlin the last two years, VT will stay in the game.

Main pass rusher is Darryl Tapp #55. Small for a DE but he uses his speed to get to the QB. They will blitz if they need to, but they try to just rush the front 4 to get pressure. The last drive against Miami Saturday they did not blitz once and Berlin only completed 1 pass with 3 knocked down by the DL.

We have two top notch young LBs...#9 Vince Hall and #11 Xavier Adibi. Both are redshirt freshmen. They both play inside so they are counted on to make the stops on the run. Both have good speed sideline to sideline and can cover out of the backfield.

Hello Hokie! I'm excited we're playing the school that gave the world Michael Vick (big Falcons fan here) and Beamerball. I've been to Blacksburg before and found it to be a great little college town. We know a little something about that down here too... ;)

Archived