Remember The Missing Malaysian Airliner?

Proud Tiger

I don't doubt that,but nothing has washed up, no one has found a thing. A lot of the debris from Japan after the tsunami made its way to our west coast, given that there was a ton of it, but nothing from a plane that should have broken apart on impact. It just doesn't make sense.

I understand what you're saying, but respectfully disagree.

There was a lot more debris generated by the Japanese quake/tsunami. And our West Coast is pretty heavily populated, by technologically savvy people who might recognize and report man-made debris washed onto the shore. They may suspect (or even fear, because of possible radiation dangers) the nature of such debris.

One airliner produces a much smaller volume of debris. And the most probable landfalls--the coasts of western Australia, Indonesia, or Southeast Asia--are either more sparsely populated, or populated with people less likely to recognize & report airplane debris. Without modern communication, they may not have even been aware that an airplane was missing.

With time, the possibility of finding such debris diminishes. Also with time, the deterioration of such debris due to weather and ocean battering would render it less identifiable.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't doubt that,but nothing has washed up, no one has found a thing. A lot of the debris from Japan after the tsunami made its way to our west coast, given that there was a ton of it, but nothing from a plane that should have broken apart on impact. It just doesn't make sense.

I understand what you're saying, but respectfully disagree.

There was a lot more debris generated by the Japanese quake/tsunami. And our West Coast is pretty heavily populated, by technologically savvy people who might recognize and report man-made debris washed onto the shore. They may suspect (or even fear, because of possible radiation dangers) the nature of such debris.

One airliner produces a much smaller volume of debris. And the most probable landfalls--the coasts of western Australia, Indonesia, or Southeast Asia--are either more sparsely populated, or populated with people less likely to recognize & report airplane debris. Without modern communication, they may not have even been aware that an airplane was missing.

Reminds me of a great movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCQIGiXf0JA

TexT....you do nothing but dodge.

But that's better than Ben. He don't even respond.

Right. I've had a busy morning. It's my wife's birthday as well a holiday. I can't be expected to offer a counter theory to every harebrained theory put forth on demand.

As to what I think, my gut tells me it's in the sea.

TexT....you do nothing but dodge.

But that's better than Ben. He don't even respond.

Right. I've had a busy morning. It's my wife's birthday as well a holiday. I can't be expected to offer a counter theory to every harebrained theory put forth on demand.

As to what I think, my gut tells me it's in the sea.

You need to re-order your priorities. This is a serious topic.

If you have ever seen an airplane crash sight in the water it does make sense. I unfortunately have seen too many. Very little left post impact in some cases. Sometimes you get floating debris but mostly oil slicks and a few things floating. For an air liner of that size you would expect some floating debris, however, if it crashed where they now think it did, that debris could have easily been carried off by the currents that run through there. Because it took them so long to search that area it would be hard to spot a single seat cushion and the debris wouldn't just clump together and stay put but travel with the currents. The Tsunami is a much different story because of the amount of the debris and is recognizable because it washed ashore. The amount of debris compared to the amount of a single airliner is extremely seismic.

Well anything is possible. I don't see these people taking an airliner to use against us. I look for people that are already here to probably do multiple things at one time in different places across the country. None of them would by itself do what this airplane could do but the cumulative effect would likely be worse. As to what actually happened to the plane I believe it went down in the Indian Ocean, which is extremely remote and hard to search. Couple that with the lack of specificity of where it went after they lost track of it and it makes the finding of it much less likely.

OK, I will remove the ISIS part of my theory. It wasn't even there in my original speculation months ago anyhow. I had never heard of ISIS back then. But until proven wrong, I stick with my theory hat someone has the plane. Nobody really knows for sure what happened.

OK, I will remove the ISIS part of my theory. It wasn't even there in my original speculation months ago anyhow. I had never heard of ISIS back then. But until proven wrong, I stick with my theory hat someone has the plane. Nobody really knows for sure what happened.

C'mon Proud. Don't back down. You've got a right to your theories and a right to share them with us. Never forget that. Please.

You are certainly entitled to think that. You are correct in that nobody knows exactly what did happen.

Archived