Remember The Missing Malaysian Airliner?

Proud Tiger

Logic tells me that the majority of aircraft that have crashed in the sea, have left some debris to be found. This one? Nada. Logic, as far as what we know about plane crashes in the sea, actually doesn't support that it was lost in the sea. Could it crash and not leave a trace? Sure. As far as what we know, does it make sense? Ehh..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titan......I agree and I said it was my theory. It should be obvious even to you that it is speculation. But the best you could say was "good lord." It is certainly as good as anything you offer.

I would only add that there are no airports on remote islands to land a 777. That fact alone makes my speculation at least better than yours. I also add that I have a good friend who works in military intelligence on Redstone Arsenal. He says my speculaton is as good any all the experts have come up with.

And I shared it with you for free :bananadance:

Titan......I agree and I said it was my theory. It should be obvious even to you that it is speculation. But the best you could say was "good lord." It is certainly as good as anything you offer.

I would only add that there are no airports on remote islands to land a 777. That fact alone makes my speculation at least better than yours. I also add that I have a good friend who works in military intelligence on Redstone Arsenal. He says my speculaton is as good any all the experts have come up with.

And I shared it with you for free :bananadance:/>

Thanks for illustrating you get what you pay for . ;)

Titan,,,,because I threw something on the table that was obvious speculation and rather than shooting it down with any decent response you, Ben and Tex chose to make little reactive responses w/o any reasonable discussion. Obviously your choice as it is mine to throw something out.

Logic tells me that the majority of aircraft that have crashed in the sea, have left some debris to be found. This one? Nada. Logic, as far as what we know about plane crashes in the sea, actually doesn't support that it was lost in the sea. Could it crash and not leave a trace? Sure. As far as what we know, does it make sense? Ehh..

The ocean is a VERY large area, especially if you don't know where to look.

Yes, but with as much technology as we have, and with as many planes and boats searching for debris, something should have been found. Again, not saying that it isn't possible for a plane to hit the ocean at over 200 or so mph and remain intact, and sink while still intact, and have nothing float to the surface while still having air inside the fuselage......but......

Yes, but with as much technology as we have, and with as many planes and boats searching for debris, something should have been found. Again, not saying that it isn't possible for a plane to hit the ocean at over 200 or so mph and remain intact, and sink while still intact, and have nothing float to the surface while still having air inside the fuselage......but......

You underestimate the difficulty. If you don't know where to look, the likely-hood of finding something is greatly reduced. And it declines rapidly with time.

I don't think it is necessary to hypothesize that the plane sank without leaving any floating debris, although that is a possibility. I think it's more likely that debris was never found because we never looked in the right place.

It is a big ocean, and even with all our technology, planes, and boats, it would be easy to miss wreckage without some reason for narrowing the search...as was done. Those areas that were searched were a very small percentage of the total ocean/land within the jetliner's flight range, and were chosen based on crude assumptions or leads, like "the last satellite link pointed somewhat this direction" or "something was (maybe) spotted by air or satellite in this part of the ocean". We never even came close to searching everywhere within range of the flight.

My personal theory is that the plane went down, either by pilot/hijacker/saboteur intent or mechanical/natural accident that also killed radio communications (hence no "maydays"), and we just never looked in the right place. Naturally I could be wrong, but that seems like the simplest and most rational explanation to me.

I don't doubt that,but nothing has washed up, no one has found a thing. A lot of the debris from Japan after the tsunami made its way to our west coast, given that there was a ton of it, but nothing from a plane that should have broken apart on impact. It just doesn't make sense.

Speculation is speculation, no matter if it could be considered outlandish or not.

I'm mainly joking with Quietfan, his post was funny.

If someone has never flown over an ocean, it is so vast that a flight can be made in a criss cross pattern every 5 minutes, the current changes and shifts before the next flight can even take place. Is it likely it is crashed and lost? Yes. As likely as anything...FTR, that west coast wash up, is still happening and it took place more than 2 years ago now.

A new trash island previously unknown was recently found in the Pacific. It can and does happen.

A plane was recently found and recovered in the Nevada desert and one in Alaska, as well..The Alaska flight was from the 50's. Sixty years ago, roughly.

Kind of silly to get all lathered up over nothing but abstract speculation. The Yeti is as plausible as anything, in the face of the unknown.

I don't doubt that,but nothing has washed up, no one has found a thing. A lot of the debris from Japan after the tsunami made its way to our west coast, given that there was a ton of it, but nothing from a plane that should have broken apart on impact. It just doesn't make sense.

It may take years - if ever - for something to wash up (and be found and recognized).

And it makes perfectly good sense. You are totally underestimating the possibility of it disappearing without a trace that could be found and identified.

quietfan.....thanks for offering up a plausible theory rather than getting into criticizing some one else and offering nothing but sarcasm in return. Your theory is certainly easier to accept than mine, My only problem with it is the lack of debris as Weegle777 notes. It is a big ocean but the odds are some debris would have shown up by now. But the only fact we are left with is nobody knows for sure what happened.

quietfan.....thanks for offering up a plausible theory rather than getting into criticizing some one else and offering nothing but sarcasm in return. Your theory is certainly easier to accept than mine, My only problem with it is the lack of debris as Weegle777 notes. It is a big ocean but the odds are some debris would have shown up by now. But the only fact we are left with is nobody knows for sure what happened.

That's were you are wrong.

Absolutely. I'm not doubting or dismissing any theory at this point. It could have sunk intact, it could have been hijacked, or who knows what else. It is a very odd case.

Archived