Imperfection a reasonable excuse for execution?

Kassc22

we can't help it your views seem to match those of Hitler.

All I have done is suggest we consider what the child's life would be like after he/she is born, instead of just assuming all abortion is bad all of the time.

I guess that means my views match those of Hitler? No more discussion is needed then.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we can't help it your views seem to match those of Hitler.

All I have done is suggest we consider what the child's life would be like after he/she is born, instead of just assuming all abortion is bad all of the time.

I guess that means my views match those of Hitler? No more discussion is needed then.

No, later you broadened your view to children who would be born into poverty or bad circumstances but your main focus has been children who are less than "perfect" THAT makes your views closer to Hitler.

The problem I have with these discussions is the compartmentalization of morality. Many of the same people who are so adamant about abortion express support for war and begrudge "welfare" programs. It's as if once a child is born, the rules change drastically.

Yeah, I know these opposing positions can be rationalized. That's my point.

In retrospect, I should have phrased this in a less controversial manner. I didn't mean to target people who have a fundamental position on one issue or the other. I should have worded it in a way that applied to all of us, regardless of position, which is closer to the truth.

All of us have subject matter we prioritize and other subject matter we suppress.

Sure the situation a person is born into has an impact on them, no one denies that. But that person has a choice. There are kids who are born into wealthy families that have horrendous lives and end up killing themselves. There are kids who are born into drug and gang infested cities that end up getting their PhD. If a couple has the test done and the doctor tells them that there is a likelihood that the child might have downs, and that couple murders their child, what if the doctor is wrong? Who are you to play God?

Infants don't have a choice.

Sure the situation a person is born into has an impact on them, no one denies that. But that person has a choice. There are kids who are born into wealthy families that have horrendous lives and end up killing themselves. There are kids who are born into drug and gang infested cities that end up getting their PhD. If a couple has the test done and the doctor tells them that there is a likelihood that the child might have downs, and that couple murders their child, what if the doctor is wrong? Who are you to play God?

by they have to sacrifice their life because someone else made a bad choice. Got it.

The problem I have with these discussions is the compartmentalization of morality. Many of the same people who are so adamant about abortion express support for war and begrudge "welfare" programs. It's as if once a child is born, the rules change drastically.

Yeah, I know these opposing positions can be rationalized. That's my point.

In retrospect, I should have phrased this in a less controversial manner. I didn't mean to target people who have a fundamental position on one issue or the other. I should have worded it in a way that applied to all of us, regardless of position, which is closer to the truth.

All of us have subject matter we prioritize and other subject matter we suppress.

I don't want to get rid of welfare. I know there are people who are in need. I don't mind a hand up. I don't like that it has become a hammock for some who are more than capable of working. The rules are such that people get punished if they try to work themselves out of that. I don't like war but it is necessary sometimes. You must be ready to fight to win, no halfway measures, no tying the hands of the soldiers.

Exactly my point. Thank you.

Your welcome.

Your welcome.

Homer I misinterpreted that statement you made and I offer my apologies for my reaction. See us conservatives are not all bad ;D

Despite the fact that we all have different views I really appreciate this discussion. It has for the most part been pretty civil and thoughtful on all parts. Thanks Guys!

Cooltigger21, I don't think the baby should have to pay the consequences of others mistakes. But in my opinion, being born into one of those awful situations is paying the consequences. Not being born into one of those awful situations is avoiding paying the consequences.

simply telling people to make better choices is not an effective solution. It would be easy for me to get in a high horse, having been raised In a great situation by loving parents, in a neighborhood without crime or violence, with schools at allowed me to learn, that life treats you well when you make good choices.

But that would be completely arrogant, and dismissive of the invaluable role my parents played in my life.

yet at the same time you seem to want say that it is ok if they do. Put simply wrong is wrong period. I feel for people in bad circumstances but still there are consequences for bad decisions. You cannot kill a baby just because it won't have an ideal home or because it is less than perfect.

Cooltigger21, I don't think the baby should have to pay the consequences of others mistakes. But in my opinion, being born into one of those awful situations is paying the consequences. Not being born into one of those awful situations is avoiding paying the consequences.

simply telling people to make better choices is not an effective solution. It would be easy for me to get in a high horse, having been raised In a great situation by loving parents, in a neighborhood without crime or violence, with schools at allowed me to learn, that life treats you well when you make good choices.

But that would be completely arrogant, and dismissive of the invaluable role my parents played in my life.

yet at the same time you seem to want say that it is ok if they do. Put simply wrong is wrong period. I feel for people in bad circumstances but still there are consequences for bad decisions. You cannot kill a baby just because it won't have an ideal home or because it is less than perfect.

Yep...the reality is that the policies of good intentions has actually resulted in more children being being born into bad circumstances....after murdering 57m during the same time period. What a disastrous set of policies.

Archived