Cox or Booker?

Wishbone

Cox looked no worse than any back up I have seen so far. He has had moments where he looked great and some bad along the way as well.

Cox will likely start, Booker will have his opportunities too tho.

I do like the fact that we are 12-0 and there isnt one word that JC is black. Just that he is very capable. CTT stayed with him and didnt pull him like CSS would have. I bet some black kids noticed that. And maybe some Momma's and Daddy's too.

130977[/snapback]

I did read an article about AU and the voters. The guy brought up the point that if he asked the voters whether or not JC was black or white and they did not know, then they should not have a vote. I thought it sort of odd that he would use that as a test? But his point was that JC and AU got headlines but more often got dismissed by the rest of the country.

We will know with plenty of time ahead who will be the starter next year.

Just you people wait and see what Borges does with Brandon Cox. Cox is a lot like Cade McNown (who AL coached at UCLA to 20 straight wins).

He's a very accurate throwing QB-- and as we saw at the LA Monroe game, he can run too if he has to.

Anyone putting down Cox and saying he's not special or very good needs their head examined.

After the LA Monroe game people were saying Cox should be the starter! :lol::lol: JC sure shut them up!!

Cox set a record in the state of Alabama for completion % in High School.

He's got the talent to be a good one.

Booker does to. I just think Cox has the upper hand. Cox will really be more like a Jr. than a Soph. His career at Auburn got started late. He sat out a year because of a car accident, then redshirted, then was the backup this year.

He'll be ready. : )

Will we see another Cobb and Campbell scene again? Almost same thing except I think Cox is actually a lot better then Cobb. I just think it is funny.

Cox will start without a doubt. More experience. However I am not saying that he will not lose starting job late in season. Either way you put it we should be concerned if someone can fill the HB spot half way as good as the duo we had.

Carl Stewart has not shown me much but I also realize he only got carries late in game. I hope he shows up this year and Irons too. We could have another great duo once again. Stewart and Irons.

Cox was pushing Cambell for the starting job this year... There is NO WAY Booker will hold a candle to Cox's expereince/practice/playing time...

Cox looked better than Campbell during Spring drills. And they WERE neck and neck leading up to the first game. I really believe all of the 10 snaps he got this year he was probably trying to show boat a little...

He is going to be a great one IMO. Especially with a very talented group of WR's that are finally coming into their own in the new offensive system.

Cox No doubt.

Cox will be t he QB if he remains healthy. He's smart but needs to improve his arm strength and gain some weight. He COULD be one of the great ones if Borges remains at Auburn. Booker will give him a run for his money though.

Cox's passing efficiency was higher than JC's this year. I think he will be a great QB. Joe Montana wasn't 6'5 with 4.5 speed and a cannon arm. The greatest Qb's simply understand the field and have at least the minimum athletic ability to get the ball to the WRs.

Danny Wuerfell wasn't very big and did not have a very strong arm but that guy knew where to put the football and get it to his receivers.

Cox is going to have a BUNCH of experienced weapons to throw to.

I'm happy to have a very experienced receiving corp returning next year. Especially one that's run Borges' system for a year. That will be a huge plus for whoever wins the starting job. I'll tell you what, I'd be chomping at the bit for the opportunity to go into next season with Obewon, Aromado, Taylor, Mix, Guess and company in my arsenal.

wow, you actually think that Cox was even in competition with Jason? there was no competition at all, dude. none. it was with Luke and Cox...Campbell was the starter from day one. where did you get that load of crap? Cox was never, ever, going to start for us this year.

as far as Booker goes, he's a very talented player. his arm is insane, and unlike what someone else said, he's not a 'scrambler' at all. he's a pro style QB...just because he's black doesn't mean he's Michael Vick. he's very similar to Campbell in terms of the way he plays, except he's more of a home run threat.

Whomever gets the starting nod as QB for the AU TIGERS in' 05 will be surrounded by a TON of talent.

The fact that we will have a heated competition at the qb spot speaks volumes about the level of talent that CTT has gathered into the Orange & Blue fold.

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

Archived