Coaches Hot Seats 2014

ausburn

Interesting writing on this website for 10/7/14 week 6

Scroll down past the interesting Hemingway quotes & videos to who is #1 and 1a on the list. Who might be there??? Entertaining at least. Enjoy.

http://coacheshotsea...heshotseatblog/

excerpt from article.

1A. Nick Saban, Alabama – Even with the two losses by Nick Saban and Alabama to end the 2013 – 2014 football season there was no chance we would have put Saban on the Hot Seat either before the season or even after Bama’s loss to Ole Miss on Saturday BUT with the hiring of Lane Kiffin to be the offensive coordinator at Alabama we had no Damn choice but to put Saban on the Hot Seat because it is the unanimous opinion here at Coaches Hot Seat that…

Lane Kiffin poses a Clear and Present Danger to the Future Success of Football in America

….and with that in mind AND the loss to Ole Miss on Saturday we would like to welcome Nick Saban to the…

No. 1 Hot Seat!

We have been saying for months now that Alabama was going to open the season with FOUR Cupcake games and the first REAL football team that the Tide would play would be Ole Miss in Week 6 and in a terrific football game that the SEC refs almost gave to Alabama it was a severely undermanned Rebels team…..

Alabama has Three…Maybe Four Times as much talent as Ole Miss….easily!

…that got the win which has launched Nick Saban onto the Hottest Seat in America!

No, Nick Saban is no where close to being fired at Alabama BUT after posting a record of…

Well hot seat, to me, implies he could be in danger of losing his job. That ain't gonna happen anytime soon. He can lay it all at the feet of Kiffin. His job is safe for a while yet. He would have to endure two more seasons of 3-4 losses before he would really be on a hot seat. Winning three national titles will get you that kind of time.

If they fired Saban for a 4 loss season after what they have had I would sit in my house on a week vacation just laughing and sleeping to recover when I can't laugh anymore. I would laugh for 7 days straight.

Then I would just try my best for the next 3 weeks to not laugh randomly at work.

Well hot seat, to me, implies he could be in danger of losing his job. That ain't gonna happen anytime soon. He can lay it all at the feet of Kiffin. His job is safe for a while yet. He would have to endure two more seasons of 3-4 losses before he would really be on a hot seat. Winning three national titles will get you that kind of time.

I agree. The article used it's first three hot seat choices as teasers. 1 Saban 2 Kiffen 3 Finebaum. Once you get past those three it gets into the more likely hot seat firings/changes.

I will say that the turd fans would start to get really restless if he lost 3 games this year and next. You talk about fun to watch. That would be a meltdown for the ages. If Gus beats him for 3 straight years he will be on a hotseat sure enough.

IF bg is trolling, his head will explode over this thread.....

Saban will retire or leave for "greener pastures" before he'd allow the likes of Bama to dictate his future.

The apocalypse will happen before Bama fires Nick Saban.

I think he will, by the end of this season, be thinking he either pulls it all back together next year (meaning SEC title and a spot in the final 4) or he just walks away. Why sit there with that insane fan base?

Saban to Michigan.... >:D Old man football might put him in the playoffs... Fewer spread like teams to defend like he would of had to defend in Texas...

Saban to Michigan.... >:D/> Old man football might put him in the playoffs... Fewer spread like teams to defend like he would of had to defend in Texas...

would they try to get him?

Lane Kiffin on the hot seat I buy. Saban owns that place. He decides when he will go.

Don't think they won't turn on him because they will. They were questioning Bear at one point in the late 60's. He still has 2 or possibly three seasons worth of capital built up so he is good for now.

Lane Kiffin on the hot seat I buy. Saban owns that place. He decides when he will go.

Kiffin was HIRED TO BE FIRED.

Hiring that train wreck was completely against everything CNS stands for. I am convinced he was hired to be the fall guy.

Hiring that train wreck was completely against everything CNS stands for. I am convinced he was hired to be the fall guy.

You may be right. I know it made no sense at the time and still doesn't, at least from a football perspective.

^^^ have always thought LK was brought in to be expendable.... and be shipped off to the NFL with a larger nest egg in tow

You may be right. I know it made no sense at the time and still doesn't, at least from a football perspective.

Kiffin is Nick's attempt to update the bama offense...but like lots of old time coaches, NS won't be able to abandon his basic nature and Lame K will not be able to really run his offense.

So the offense will look pretty much the same as it has under the previous 2 OCs and LK will either get run off or get frustrated...but either way I figure he has this season and maybe one more.

Archived