NYT, Pedophilia a disorder, not a crime.

cooltigger21

I agree homosexuality and pedophilia are not equal. Homosexuality will hurt no one except those practicing it so long as rape is not involved. Pedophilia is a different thing altogether. My only concern with this push from the opinion piece is that when someone is on trial they will not be punished as they should be.

The editorial does state that removing the inconsistencies in the legal and medical aspects of it would not undermine criminal justice's role. Punish those that commit the crime, but place an emphasis on keeping the crime from occurring to begin with.

Yea, like how we have 'prevented' poverty with our 50 year war on poverty and how we have 'prevented' drug use with our war on drugs and how we have 'prevented' murder by making it illegal, etc. Seriously, you liberal/democrats live in an alternative universe.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many times have we conservatives been called looney for suggesting that this kind of thing was coming down the pike? The only surprise is that it came now. I thought it would take a few more years yet. This is only the first step to making it ok.

http://www.nytimes.c...crime.html?_r=0

They're right. Being a pedophile in and of itself is not a crime. Acting on those urges, however, is a crime.

I'd say we've lapsed into splitting hairs with this comment. Pedophilia is a sexual perversion wherein children are the preferred sexual object. That in my mind is predicated upon the act itself...not the mere imagined preference.

http://www.merriam-w...nary/pedophilia

That's because you don't understand the point. This is about the reasons someone might desire to comment such an act. To think those reasons (urges) don't exist prior to the act itself is, well, irrational.

Do you think a perfectly normal person just walking down the street has a sudden spontaneous urge to kidnap a child for the purposes of sex? Is this something that just anyone might do? :-\

And will you be the one that points out those that have the 'urge' before they commit their crime against a child?

My whole point with this is that this is just the first step along the way to normalizing these people, not just declaring that they are not criminals for having the thoughts but that the act itself is ok and should not only be tolerated but even encouraged. Polygamy and incest are also on the agenda. Denying these people the "right" to do this will be dicrimination. People opposed to it will be called pedophobes or some such something.There was a television show recently that sort of hinted at incest. Open marriage is considered to be enlightened. Swingers have more fun. The opening salvos have been fired and the war on traditional culture is well underway.

Every sexual perversion known to man has people that want to claim it's all ok and actually quite normal. The militants on the left have pretty much succeeded in getting homosexuality normalized into the culture. Now it's time to move on to the next one and start the process all over again. That's one thing about liberals and the left. They can never be appeased and they will never stop pushing. Taxes can never be high enough to suit them. No moral perversion is beneath them.

Its unfortunate but I agree with you completely. The thing that makes me angry about it is that many of them are discriminatory in the reverse be don't see that as a problem. Whats right for me is wrong for thee.

Kass you can't be serious. You agree completely?!

That was a sad - if not disturbing - rant. There's not a rational sentence in it.

I said it was unfortunate..lol..I was raised to believe homosexuality is wrong and I do. I cannot make people believe in God, or Jesus, or the Bible. I can only tell them what I believe and hope that it plants a seed as they tell us to do. Many don't like it but I firmly believe in love the sinner, hate the sin. I have friends who are gay, I had a gay family member. I don't look at them any differently than I would you. I don't agree with the lifestyle but I don't condemn them for it. It is not for me to do. No sin is bigger than any other, gluttony is right on par with murder and lying etc.. The Bible says to remove the plank from your eye before worrying about the speck in your brothers so thats what I do.

I agree it's unfortunate if you agree with irrational propositions. So you agree with each sentence?

Yes I do. I am very familiar with the type of militant liberal he speaks of...again my family... :-\ . Let me explain. I have two sisters, they are twins and we are only 11 months apart. My mother is best friends with my stepmother. My mom and dad had a nasty divorce but since the woman who caused it is gone they have let bygones be bygones..mostly cuz of my Stepmom. Her kids look at my mom as their second mom, their kids think of my mom as another grandmother. We do family vacays together and swap houses for every holiday. My mom cooks breakfast on Christmas morning for the whole family and after the kids see their presents at home everyone comes to moms in their pjs. So you get a sense of my fam now...lol...

My stepmother and father are liberal..militantly so. My mom is conservative. She says Daddy was a whole different person politically when they were married. He is one of those who was a Dem and has remained loyal to the party..changed his views to match theirs. I have 5 stepsisters who I actually claim as sisters. They are all married and there is a LARGE mix of opinion in there. One of my sisters is married to a soldier. Corey, is also african american ( I hate that term) he is conservative and despises Obama btw. A couple of those sisters are militant liberals..their husbands conservatives...Our family get togethers are CRAZY. We try to avoid politics but since we are all so immersed in it that is very difficult. Now..I have said all of this to explain why I totally agree with everything CT says, because I have seen it up close and personal.

Oh and you are right there was no rational sentence in what CT said, but it is not his fault that in social issues Liberals are not rational. He described them perfectly. If you are a different type then please explain your position...actually explain it anyway. How do you feel about that issue Homer?

My whole point with this is that this is just the first step along the way to normalizing these people, not just declaring that they are not criminals for having the thoughts but that the act itself is ok and should not only be tolerated but even encouraged. Polygamy and incest are also on the agenda. Denying these people the "right" to do this will be dicrimination. People opposed to it will be called pedophobes or some such something.There was a television show recently that sort of hinted at incest. Open marriage is considered to be enlightened. Swingers have more fun. The opening salvos have been fired and the war on traditional culture is well underway.

That's utterly insane. Sorry, but it is.

What part Ben? As I just got done explaining to Homer I have heard many liberals say just these things.

How many times have we conservatives been called looney for suggesting that this kind of thing was coming down the pike? The only surprise is that it came now. I thought it would take a few more years yet. This is only the first step to making it ok.

http://www.nytimes.c...crime.html?_r=0

They're right. Being a pedophile in and of itself is not a crime. Acting on those urges, however, is a crime.

I'd say we've lapsed into splitting hairs with this comment. Pedophilia is a sexual perversion wherein children are the preferred sexual object. That in my mind is predicated upon the act itself...not the mere imagined preference.

http://www.merriam-w...nary/pedophilia

That's because you don't understand the point. This is about the reasons someone might desire to comment such an act. To think those reasons (urges) don't exist prior to the act itself is, well, irrational.

Do you think a perfectly normal person just walking down the street has a sudden spontaneous urge to kidnap a child for the purposes of sex? Is this something that just anyone might do? :-\

And will you be the one that points out those that have the 'urge' before they commit their crime against a child?

:dunno: Sorry I don't understand what you mean. Without an act, there is no crime.

It's dead on Ben. Dead on. I know you don't believe it but mark my words it is how things are coming and you will see this happen and you will remember what I said.

How disappointing, Kass.

See I actually like you and Homer, so that makes me sad. I know we don't totally agree on most things, but I'm not sure where you two are coming from. I am not saying these people who have these thoughts and haven't acted should be stigmatized. I fully believe if they want to seek help they should. And since its mental health its no ones business but their doctors. If pedophilia can be stopped I'm all for it. I do believe the article that was written was a toe in the water, test the temp of the people on our next issue salvo. I am not for stigmatizing anyone actually. Your life is your own and between you and God and who you choose to involve in it. It is not for people to judge or bully. I actually think the bullying issue has gotten out of hand too. I hate that it is so but there is always going to be someone who will seek to tear you down. It may be from jealousy or ignorance or being unhappy with themselves and yes even just being 'evil'. That unfortunately is life and children should learn to deal with it. That is how you get stronger. Having someone baby you and criminalize the bullying behavior doesn't help you, it simply reinforces the everyone deserves to have whatever they want culture the liberals are trying to make the new normal. You know..no winners, no losers, no one should have more money than the other...

It's dead on Ben. Dead on. I know you don't believe it but mark my words it is how things are coming and you will see this happen and you will remember what I said.

No, it's insane. Get help.

Your biases are leading you to buy in to some utterly insane nonsense, Kass. It's very disappointing.

Every sexual perversion known to man has people that want to claim it's all ok and actually quite normal. The militants on the left have pretty much succeeded in getting homosexuality normalized into the culture. Now it's time to move on to the next one and start the process all over again. That's one thing about liberals and the left. They can never be appeased and they will never stop pushing. Taxes can never be high enough to suit them. No moral perversion is beneath them.

Its unfortunate but I agree with you completely. The thing that makes me angry about it is that many of them are discriminatory in the reverse be don't see that as a problem. Whats right for me is wrong for thee.

That was a sad - if not disturbing - rant. There's not a rational sentence in it.

I said it was unfortunate..lol..I was raised to believe homosexuality is wrong and I do. I cannot make people believe in God, or Jesus, or the Bible. I can only tell them what I believe and hope that it plants a seed as they tell us to do. Many don't like it but I firmly believe in love the sinner, hate the sin. I have friends who are gay, I had a gay family member. I don't look at them any differently than I would you. I don't agree with the lifestyle but I don't condemn them for it. It is not for me to do. No sin is bigger than any other, gluttony is right on par with murder and lying etc.. The Bible says to remove the plank from your eye before worrying about the speck in your brothers so thats what I do.

I agree it's unfortunate if you agree with irrational propositions. So you agree with each sentence?

Yes I do. I am very familiar with the type of militant liberal he speaks of...again my family... :-\ . Let me explain. I have two sisters, they are twins and we are only 11 months apart. My mother is best friends with my stepmother. My mom and dad had a nasty divorce but since the woman who caused it is gone they have let bygones be bygones..mostly cuz of my Stepmom. Her kids look at my mom as their second mom, their kids think of my mom as another grandmother. We do family vacays together and swap houses for every holiday. My mom cooks breakfast on Christmas morning for the whole family and after the kids see their presents at home everyone comes to moms in their pjs. So you get a sense of my fam now...lol...

My stepmother and father are liberal..militantly so. My mom is conservative. She says Daddy was a whole different person politically when they were married. He is one of those who was a Dem and has remained loyal to the party..changed his views to match theirs. I have 5 stepsisters who I actually claim as sisters. They are all married and there is a LARGE mix of opinion in there. One of my sisters is married to a soldier. Corey, is also african american ( I hate that term) he is conservative and despises Obama btw. A couple of those sisters are militant liberals..their husbands conservatives...Our family get togethers are CRAZY. We try to avoid politics but since we are all so immersed in it that is very difficult. Now..I have said all of this to explain why I totally agree with everything CT says, because I have seen it up close and personal.

Oh and you are right there was no rational sentence in what CT said, but it is not his fault that in social issues Liberals are not rational. He described them perfectly. If you are a different type then please explain your position...actually explain it anyway. How do you feel about that issue Homer?

It is irrational to make sweeping generalizations about all liberals based on a few members of your family. I knew I didn't agree with a lot of your positions but I would never have put you into that camp.

And how do I feel about what issue?

You're biases are leading you to buy in to some utterly insane nonsense, Kass. It's very disappointing.

Please explain? I just told you guys that its based on what I have actually heard libs say, not something in my head so I am confused. Which biases? I don't believe in homosexuality, pedophilia, polygamy, or swinging. Except for pedophilia I wouldn't involve myself in the choices of those classes of people. Pedophilia however is wrong, disgusting, and as I said before if someone touched one of my nieces or nephews the body would not be found.

It is irrational to make sweeping generalizations about all liberals based on a few members of your family. I knew I didn't agree with a lot of your position but I would never have put you into that camp.

Sorry I should have been more clear. Ok first what camp? Second, yes a lot of it is my family but I have told you I tend to read anything and everything I can find on most topics that come across, so I have seen the same sentiments many times online from crazies in discussions under articles. I wish it were just limited to them. I have seen articles with the same extreme positions. I hope thats not the mainstream lib position but I haven't found much to reverse that perception. Third, the issue I meant was what CT said. Point by point, what is your position on it?

It is irrational to make sweeping generalizations about all liberals based on a few members of your family. I knew I didn't agree with a lot of your position but I would never have put you into that camp.

Sorry I should have been more clear. Ok first what camp? Second, yes a lot of it is my family but I have told you I tend to read anything and everything I can find on most topics that come across, so I have seen the same sentiments many times online from crazies in discussions under articles. I wish it were just limited to them. I have seen articles with the same extreme positions. I hope thats not the mainstream lib position but I haven't found much to reverse that perception. Third, the issue I meant was what CT said. Point by point, what is your position on it?

The "camp" of people who would make sweeping generalizations about people who don't necessarily share your political views based on a sampling of extremists.

It's a small minded - if not xenophobic - world view. I figured you for someone who had a more open-minded intellect even though you had specific opinions about specific subjects.

Please explain? I just told you guys that its based on what I have actually heard libs say, not something in my head so I am confused. Which biases?

Your preconceived notions of liberals in general. It sounds like you've had little exposure to them besides a few nuts. I know a few nutty conservatives myself, and have read many insane things written by purported conservatives, but I don't let that sway my opinion of conservatives in general.

I don't believe in homosexuality, pedophilia, polygamy, or swinging. Except for pedophilia I wouldn't involve myself in the choices of those classes of people. Pedophilia however is wrong, disgusting, and as I said before if someone touched one of my nieces or nephews the body would not be found.

Yes it's wrong. Yes it's disgusting. The accusation that anyone here would support such a thing is offensive. The fact that you agreed with everything CT said disappoints me to no end.

Were the Egyptians wrong for practicing pedophilia? Are some tribes wrong for still practicing this today?

Good question, Weegs. Were they wrong for practicing slavery? After all, it was culturally accepted at the time.

Homer and Ben I know how these militants think and what they are after. They are never satisfied. Give them what they want and they ask for more. It never fails. I'll put it this way. If every state in the country decided to recognize gay marriage or lets say it came from the federal level, either as legislation or a court ruling. they would not be happy with that. They would decide that they wanted more. What that would entail I don't know but I know they would insist on more. Likely it would be trying to strip churches of their tax exempt status if they hold out and continue to be against it. Also I can see the day when they will demand that churches be forced to perform weddings for homosexuals. I'm not picking on homosexuals as such. I'm simply stating these militants are never satisfied. They always move the goalpost. Give them what they ask for and they want more. 30 years ago the state of society today would have been incomprehensible. Even people that were considered liberals at the time would recoil at what has happened. Daniel Patrick Moynihan called it defining deviancy down. We have accepted things into our popular culture that would have been unthinkable as few as 10 years ago. The people doing this are always looking to see what they can get away with and how far they can push. Pedophiles don't view themselves as any different from the homosexuals. Everybody likes to draw a line but nobody wants it drawn in front of them. The people that are pushing this will not ever stop pushing it. The people that want incest to be accepted will not ever stop pushing it. I don't care what the issue is, the militant left will never be satisfied. There is always something they can push and a boundary they can try to break down. I don't care how much you give them they will want more. This is not an indictment of people like you. You may be liberals but you are not what I would call militants. Homer comes pretty close on global warming :Sing:

Homer and Ben I know how these militants think and what they are after. They are never satisfied. Give them what they want and they ask for more. It never fails. I'll put it this way. If every state in the country decided to recognize gay marriage or lets say it came from the federal level, either as legislation or a court ruling. they would not be happy with that. They would decide that they wanted more. What that would entail I don't know but I know they would insist on more. Likely it would be trying to strip churches of their tax exempt status if they hold out and continue to be against it. Also I can see the day when they will demand that churches be forced to perform weddings for homosexuals. I'm not picking on homosexuals as such. I'm simply stating these militants are never satisfied. They always move the goalpost. Give them what they ask for and they want more. 30 years ago the state of society today would have been incomprehensible. Even people that were considered liberals at the time would recoil at what has happened. Daniel Patrick Moynihan called it defining deviancy down. We have accepted things into our popular culture that would have been unthinkable as few as 10 years ago. The people doing this are always looking to see what they can get away with and how far they can push. Pedophiles don't view themselves as any different from the homosexuals. Everybody likes to draw a line but nobody wants it drawn in front of them. The people that are pushing this will not ever stop pushing it. The people that want incest to be accepted will not ever stop pushing it. I don't care what the issue is, the militant left will never be satisfied. There is always something they can push and a boundary they can try to break down. I don't care how much you give them they will want more. This is not an indictment of people like you. You may be liberals but you are not what I would call militants. Homer comes pretty close on global warming :Sing:

I can't even read that. How about organizing it into paragraphs? I'll take another shot.

I can't even read that. How about organizing it into paragraphs? I'll take another shot.

Walls 'o text have been popular today.

It's hard to organize your writing when you can't organize your thoughts.

It's hard to organize your writing when you can't organize your thoughts.

Well put. :laugh:

Archived