I come in peace

VT-Fan

I am a Virginia Tech fan going to the Sugar Bowl. I'm very excited about Tech playing such a tough team.

I booked my hotel as soon as Tech beat Miami and it looked like we were in the Sugar Bowl (Sunday afternoon). At that point I didn't know that the Hilton Riverside was your official hotel, it just looked like a good location at a fair price.

Do you think it would be okay to wear Virginia Tech clothing, etc., in the hotel? Are your fans fairly easy to get along with? What should I expect? Anything I need to know?

Thanks.

You shouldn't have any problems. We're a pretty reasonable bunch that treat others as they treat us. Enjoy the stay, have a beer with some Tiger fans, and cheer for your Hokies.

Oh, and tell them you hate Alabama or LSU and you're in like Flynn. ;)

First of all, welcome (that goes for the other Hokies that have meandered over here, too).

Wear your VT gear proudly...we would do the same if the situations were reversed. I think most of our folks are pretty decent, like most fan bases are. Hopefully the chowderheads will either stay away entirely or not be at your hotel.

Have a good time...wish I could go, too.

Do you think it would be okay to wear Virginia Tech clothing, etc., in the hotel?  Are your fans fairly easy to get along with?  What should I expect?  Anything I need to know?

I think you're mistaking us for that other SEC tiger heathen...wear whatever you want. :lol:

we're good folks we won't pick on you to much, we tend to get along very well with the oppositions fans with the exception of LSWho

Hey VT-Fan....welcome to the board. I agree with everyone else...WEAR your VT stuff. I usually make a point of talking to our opponents fans. It's fun. "Most" of us Tigers are very friendly. BTW, I will be at the Riverside also, so let me know if you wanna hook up and talk some football!!!!

Sheila

Wow you guys sure do have a bad opinion about our fans. I'm kind of new here but I find myself easy to get along with unless you disrespect me or my team. With that said, I've been to countless games in Tiger Stadium and have never seen all the "horrible things" opposing SEC fans talk about.

Wow you guys sure do have a bad opinion about our fans. I'm kind of new here but I find myself easy to get along with unless you disrespect me or my team. With that said, I've been to countless games in Tiger Stadium and have never seen all the "horrible things" opposing SEC fans talk about.

131384[/snapback]

I dunno what others speak of, but I had the most kick ass time ever at the LSU game this year down in Red Stick. I tailgated with a bunch of LSU fans I'd never met before, free booze and food all day, even a invite into the TAF party. :D I was sure to give as much hell as I recieved. :)

131384[/snapback]

That's because you've never worn an Auburn jersey in your stadium. Try it some time. But get your life insurance updated first.

i wish i could be down there. boss man up here in kentucky won't let me off work....dirty old sonuva......... ok, sorry, had to vent!

nah, i have been a little partial to VA TECH over other schools up there ever since the 1997 Auburn-Virginia game in Charlottesville (sp?). for those who didn't make the trip, i have never been around a more snotty, self-righteous, obnoxious group of fans/students/alumni (except for tuscaloosa <haha>) in my life. ever since that trip i have always hoped VT whooped UVA's butt.

there were students selling AUBURN SUCKS, VT SWALLOWS t-shirt on the sidewalks. it was a gorgeous campus, but my goodness. i'm sure glad we beat 'em.

131384[/snapback]

Your fans have actually been MUCH nicer the last two times LS_Who has come to JHS...but before that is from whence the bad blood comes.... I am a season ticket holder, and it was embarrassing to take my family to and LS_Who game. The drunkeness, the vugarity...it was truly disgusting. Then your guys burned the Tiger Man's VAN at Baton Rouge! that was the ultimate in hostility!

I think that after that, the LS_Who fans have been on their best behavior over here...and I for one am glad to see it.

131384[/snapback]

It's only your one-percenters that are bad but man they are reaaaaaaaly bad :D

Here, have a cigar on me :big:

I am a Virginia Tech fan going to the Sugar Bowl.  I'm very excited about Tech playing such a tough team.

Do you think it would be okay to wear Virginia Tech clothing, etc., in the hotel?  Are your fans fairly easy to get along with?  What should I expect?  Anything I need to know?

131116[/snapback]

As the only Auburn and Va. Tech grad on the board (that I know of), welcome. As everyone says wear your gear with pride.

We are a lot alike, both schools in small towns and a passion for football. Everytime you see an Auburn fan just say "beat bama" and you will have made a new friend. :D

I could be wrong but didn't the nice cajuns start a small riot the last time they were in Blacksburg? I mean, after your team gets dominated you'd think the visiting lsu fans would be a little nicer after the game...but no, not cajuns.

BLACKSBURG, Va. -- At least 15 people were arrested early Sunday after a shouting match between Virginia Tech and LSU fans got out of hand.

Police officers in riot gear dispersed a crowd of about 3,000 unruly fans, hours before 14th-ranked LSU was to play 16th-ranked Virginia Tech in Blacksburg.

Police Lt. B.E. Bradbery said football fans gathered on opposite sides of Main Street and began exchanging team chants about 9:30 p.m. Saturday. By midnight the crowd had grown and become disorderly, Bradbery said.

Blacksburg police called in every off-duty officer and contacted other police agencies for help. Police Chief William H. Brown declared the disturbance an "unlawful assembly" about 2 a.m., and officers in riot gear made their way down Main Street and scattered the crowd by firing "pepper balls, pepper spray encased in plastic.

Order was restored by 3:30 a.m., police said.

Those arrested were charged with a variety of offenses, including public intoxication, disorderly conduct and felony assault on police officers, Bradbery said.

SI.com

Archived