Bo Wallace's Head

TNtiger55

If there's ever a game where a DC can afford to take chances to get pressure, it's a game where Bo Wallace is the opposing QB.

Because of the existence of Bad Bo (and seeing a little bit of him last week), this is a game where having the DB's play man and bringing the blitz would probably be a good strategy even with great rush ends.

If there's ever a game where a DC can afford to take chances to get pressure, it's a game where Bo Wallace is the opposing QB.

Because of the existence of Bad Bo (and seeing a little bit of him last week), this is a game where having the DB's play man and bringing the blitz would probably be a good strategy even with great rush ends.

Gotta defend Bo a little on this....Freeze is not the best game manager and has put Bo in some bad positions...end of the LSU game for example. JMO but I'm more confident that Freeze will make as many bad decisions as does Bo.

Gotta defend Bo a little on this....Freeze is not the best game manager and has put Bo in some bad positions...end of the LSU game for example. JMO but I'm more confident that Freeze will make as many bad decisions as does Bo.

I do not agree a Senior QB with his experience should of known if he cant get a completion.... Throw the ball away! Where is his game awareness.

Bo Wallace is and will continue to be a liability for Ole Miss. His head butt of an opposing player on the sideline during that game as well as his taunts to fans in the stands demonstrates a lack of mental control. One or two body slams and this guys is going to go off the rails. Also,... with Tunsil the left OF tackle nursing a pulled bicep he is going to let some pressure leak in from the blind side. If ever there was a game where we need a pass rush off the left side this is it. If he has time to think and process he can and will hurt us.

I do not agree a Senior QB with his experience should of known if he cant get a completion.... Throw the ball away! Where is his game awareness.

To add to my thought about "bad bo" I have read elsewhere on this board (can't drum up any articles) that apparently Bo has been a little critical of Freeze play calling as not being aggressive enough. Makes me wonder if that last pass was on Freeze or maybe Bo. I am wondering if Freeze DID give him instructions to throw it away or get it out of bounds to get a little closer for the FG but then Bad Bo makes a decision he regrets. But unlike the mayor of munchkinland Freeze has too much class to throw Bo under the bus. Just my thoughts...

Back up one play and note that Ole Miss got a delay of game....that's typically on the coaching staff, not the QB who at that time was on the bench while OM could not get a FG off after a stopped clock play. I'm not a big Freeze fan....confident he will make a couple mistakes and AU will win this one.

I think you'll be seeing less "Bad Bo" this week. He looked contrite in the after-game presser. If anything, he'll probably take sacks rather than chances.

If only we had a pass rush. Anybody driven over to Kevin Greene's place yet to plead for help? I bet he could teach some moves and light a fire in both LB corps and D-Line. Nah, who am I kidding? That makes too much sense...

I think you'll be seeing less "Bad Bo" this week. He looked contrite in the after-game presser. If anything, he'll probably take sacks rather than chances.

If only we had a pass rush. Anybody driven over to Kevin Greene's place yet to plead for help? I bet he could teach some moves and light a fire in both LB corps and D-Line. Nah, who am I kidding? That makes too much sense...

Heck, from what I remember about Kevin Greene's wife (assuming he's still married to her), from back in the day.. SHE could light a fire under the D-Line!!

We will not have fans seated behind the Ole Miss bench to harass him like LSU did. Our players need to get in his head starting during warm ups.

I don't think Bo is the key to this game. LSU rushed for 254 yds against a defense that had been averaging giving up less than a 100/ game. AU can run the ball at least as well as LSU. As long as they don't turn the ball over 4 times like LSU did, AU should win.

LSU matched up differently against Ole Miss. More traditional power sets with multiple TE's and a lead FB. I think AU can get 200 on Ole Miss but not sure they can be as physical as LSU. LSU ran straight at the Ole Miss front, negating their speed advantage. I would like to hope AU could match that but I kind of doubt it based on what I've seen of the OL this season.

Back up one play and note that Ole Miss got a delay of game....that's typically on the coaching staff, not the QB who at that time was on the bench while OM could not get a FG off after a stopped clock play. I'm not a big Freeze fan....confident he will make a couple mistakes and AU will win this one.

I don't disagree with you at all about Freeze blowing the FG opportunity. That is the HC's job to get them out there in time for the play. However, if you take the preceding 3 plays in sequence you'll note that with less than 1 min left and OM needing to get to within FG range (at least) Bo threw an almost identical pass to the one that was picked to end the game. ....and that one was picked right in front of the goal line as well due to a very poor pass. However, due to a dubious PI call that would probably have many on this board howling had it been called against AU, that actually put them in FG range to begin with. Very next play, Bo again throws what could have easily been yet another pick, but it went in and out of the defender's hands.

So in the final 4 offensive plays, Bo threw 2 picks, one almost pick, and ran out of bounds. Add Freeze's blunder with the FG and bottom line... If the game's on the line in the final minutes, AU should like it's chances.

I don't disagree with you at all about Freeze blowing the FG opportunity. That is the HC's job to get them out there in time for the play. However, if you take the preceding 3 plays in sequence you'll note that with less than 1 min left and OM needing to get to within FG range (at least) Bo threw an almost identical pass to the one that was picked to end the game. ....and that one was picked right in front of the goal line as well due to a very poor pass. However, due to a dubious PI call that would probably have many on this board howling had it been called against AU, that actually put them in FG range to begin with. Very next play, Bo again throws what could have easily been yet another pick, but it went in and out of the defender's hands.

So in the final 4 offensive plays, Bo threw 2 picks, one almost pick, and ran out of bounds. Add Freeze's blunder with the FG and bottom line... If the game's on the line in the final minutes, AU should like it's chances.

I feel like this game maybe like the 2013 A&M game.

Archived