AD to be Announced Friday

DKW 86

Close Sources tell me that Jay Jacobs will be announced as the New AD.

He is the Head of TU right now.

I am giving you warning on this because the Media and the Redneck Spuat Fans will say this is a slap in CTT's face, that he did not want Jacobs. That the GOB network won again. I cant tell you that. I can tell you that CTT interviewed Jacobs and obviously did not find anything that bad wrong with him being AD.

The CTT to LSU rumors will flare up again too I assume.

Remember that CTT has a huge buyout and likes it here in Auburn too.

Uh, Finebomb was raging yesterday about Jacobs being the pick and that CTT did not want him to be the AD. Don't give the other Bammer Homies credit for thinking up the controversy.

Good for Jay. I know everyone here was complaining about an AU guy who evidently is carrying a lot of "baggage" getting the job, but I believe this could be a good hire. I'm not too concerned about CTT liking him or not. I know CTT's input was very important for the process so screw what the media says about it. I trust Dr. Ed to make a good decision and we all need to support it.

UGA did the same thing by hiring young and hiring within amongst some controversy and it has turned out OK and it will here as well.

1.Why would Tubs be unhappy with Jacobs since he is a former Auburn FB guy? Anyone have any factual insight?

2. Tubs will not go to LSU. The LSU nation would implode.

Coach Tuberville is staying at AU. THAT is what has the uaters and corndogs running in FEAR ! ! ! :D

Enjoy! :au:

The only thing I was trying to project here was that the story will be spun as bad for AU and CTT.

I think Jacobs is a great guy. He is most assuredly capable. He is a roaring success with TU. He fits everything Dr Ed said he wanted in an AD. The problem is the BOT GOB connection and that is all. This "Story" could negatively affect AU and Recruiting this season.

The negative stuff will fall away soon enough later on. Jacobs was likely tom be the front runner without the plane trip anyway and Jay certainly knows his way around the AU Family.

In short, he will do a great job in the long run. Short term impact will likely be negative for a while.

You can almost write the stories for the Sat AM papers if Jacobs does get the job...

Weather the Storm AU, Soldier On!

Would someone explain to this poor ignorant guy what the JJ downside is?

132524[/snapback]

Not much. Auburn could hire Jesus as school chaplain and some people would complain :P

The better question is was it announced today?

I can tell you that CTT interviewed Jacobs and obviously did not find anything that bad wrong with him being AD.

132339[/snapback]

I'm hearing that Tuberville is not too happy with the university hiring Jacobs.

also, i'm hearing that the university will wait to announce the AD decision maybe Wednesday of next week....supposedly after what Saban decides to do.

B)

I can tell you that CTT interviewed Jacobs and obviously did not find anything that bad wrong with him being AD.

132339[/snapback]

I'm hearing that Tuberville is not too happy with the university hiring Jacobs.

also, i'm hearing that the university will wait to announce the AD decision maybe Wednesday of next week....supposedly after what Saban decides to do.

B)

132535[/snapback]

;)

Archived