Auburn vs. Xavier - Game 3

From the pieces I watched on TV and listened to on the radio ... Does not sound like we had very good pitching this weekend.

If Xavier isn't even a decent team (I have no idea) and if the pitchers struggled (like the announcers said and it appeared to me) we may have gotten crushed by an sec team this weekend.

Guess that is what the preseason is for. Work out the kinks and tinker with some things. Gonna have to buckle down starting this week.

I will say this ... Last year we don't win this series. ThIs year we get the sweep. I'd say that is solid enough.

I watched the last two games. We have some guys that struggle to throw strikes. Xavier was Big East Champs last year, but they are now 4-9 this season. It is always nice to get a sweep, but we are going to need to get much better pitching to make some noise in the SEC.

From the pieces I watched on TV and listened to on the radio ... Does not sound like we had very good pitching this weekend.

If Xavier isn't even a decent team (I have no idea) and if the pitchers struggled (like the announcers said and it appeared to me) we may have gotten crushed by an sec team this weekend.

Guess that is what the preseason is for. Work out the kinks and tinker with some things. Gonna have to buckle down starting this week.

I will say this ... Last year we don't win this series. ThIs year we get the sweep. I'd say that is solid enough.

As for the 9th...this was a chance to give some guys a chance to play....and I would be quite surprised if any of the pitchers we saw in that inning are the key to this season's success. Did not even play our best pitcher.

Not sure how anyone projects this weekend's games to predict possible conclusions about the SEC. AU has wins over Okey State and Ga Tech....and who knows about X. My thought is to just take the games as they come...

Every pitcher has worn an Easton fielding glove. Do they all have to wear Easton's or can they choose their favorite brand?

This may be one of the bigger, unmentioned changes for this year. Possibly has more to do with increased offensive production than the new ball.

Auburn made the switch from Louisville Slugger (TPX) to Easton. Bats and gloves. As an Easton team, the players are provided Easton equipment and urged to use it. Otherwise they can provide their own. The most common place to see a player going to "other" is behind the plate. Even in the pro's they will wear what they endorse and often wear some other brand of glove. You will almost never see a catcher wearing a Nike catcher's mitt. Their mask is first rate, the mitt not so much. I believe Blake Logan uses an All Star catcher's mitt.

Thanks. I was wondering about that. I wore a Wilson A2000. I would have hated to wear that for 12 years and have to switch in college.

Archived