Islamic State Beheading in France

AUtiger98

The Islamic State attacked Air Products, and American-based company, in Lyon, France today.

• Shocking attack took place at the headquarters of American-owned Air Products close to Lyon in southern France
  • A severed head covered in Arabic writing was then placed on the factory's fence along with two Islamist flags
  • Suspect then drove through factory gates, crashing into gas cannisters and causing blasts that injured onlookers
  • Alleged killer has been named as father of three Yassine Salhi, 30, with the victim believed to be his employer
  • The company both men worked for is understood to have regularly delivered to the Air Products factory
  • Delivery driver's wife later claimed that Salhi was a 'normal Muslim' who left for work as usual at 7am today

Air Product was a client of mind at my previous job, but most were based in the US.

It appears followers were asked to attack during Ramadan. Imagine if the Pope asked Christians to go kill during Easter.

BTW, Ramadan is a month long and end July 17th.

Ramadan is supposed to be about peace and forgiveness

It is. And Islam is the religion of peace. Which means none of these attacks have anything to do with Islam.

Do keep that in mind from now on.

Ramadan is supposed to be about peace and forgiveness

It is. And Islam is the religion of peace. Which means none of these attacks have anything to do with Islam.

Do keep that in mind from now on.

Perfect.... :-)

It's what Moslems have been doing for 1,326 years, thereabouts. While these incidents are noteworthy they should not be a surprise to anyone.

It's what Moslems have been doing for 1,326 years, thereabouts. While these incidents are noteworthy they should not be a surprise to anyone.

When's the last time they did such a thing in France ?

Not since Charles 'The Hammer' Martel ?

I don't think they pay much attention to national borders. Blow up a train in Spain, a subway in England, buildings in the United States, a nightclub or two in the Philippines or simply kill a bunch of Jews in Germany, it's all the same to them. The law of probability dictates that sooner or later France's number was bound to come up.

Just not hearing a whole lot about this, because of the big gay news, Tunisia, and Bristol Palin, I suppose...

Leading suspect Yassine Salhi, a truck driver with a history of radical Islamic ties, as well as his sister and wife remained in custody in the city of Lyon a day after he allegedly crashed a truck into an U.S.-owned chemical warehouse and hung his employer's severed head on a factory gate, officials have said

One of the security officials said the selfie was forwarded via WhatsApp, the globally popular instant messaging system owned by Facebook, to a phone number in Canada.

So, after the grizzly killing , he up and gets off to Syria, and presumably is now lost to the French authorities.

Brilliant

I, like many Muslims..usually stay away from saying "these people are not following Islam correctly"...etc because it goes on death ears. Me condemning extremists is not going to affect anyone's view of Islam in any way..so why bother?

I, like many Muslims..usually stay away from saying "these people are not following Islam correctly"...etc because it goes on death ears. Me condemning extremists is not going to affect anyone's view of Islam in any way..so why bother?

Well, you would be talking to people who see the world very simplistically - pretty much dichotomously actually. :no:

But that's not true for everyone here. Please express you self. It's important for the forum.

Well, you would be talking to people who see the world very simplistically - pretty much dichotomous actually. :no:

But that's not true for everyone here. Please express you self. It's important for the forum.

In Islam it is a sin to kill yourself(as well as women,children & civilians)...so all of these suicide bombers..etc know nothing about their religion.

Well, you would be talking to people who see the world very simplistically - pretty much dichotomous actually. :no:

In Islam it is a sin to kill yourself(as well as women,children & civilians)...so all of these suicide bombers..etc know nothing about their religion.

If this behavior is to stop, it will be up to you and your fellow followers stop it. Disapproval from peers and if necessary, action by peers will be required. The rest of the world can't do anything about it except wage war and unless extermination is the goal, even war won't stop terrorism.

If this behavior is to stop, it will be up to you and your fellow followers stop it. Disapproval from peers and if necessary, action by peers will be required. The rest of the world can't do anything about it except wage war and unless extermination is the goal, even war won't stop terrorism.

What am I supposed to do? Fly over there & be like "Hey umm mr extremist you're practicing wrong..." -& I'm dead-

However, education is important. Educating people; Muslims & non-Muslims, about Islam, is the key.

Well, you would be talking to people who see the world very simplistically - pretty much dichotomous actually. :no:/>

What am I supposed to do? Fly over there & be like "Hey umm mr extremist you're practicing wrong..." -& I'm dead-

However, education is important. Educating people; Muslims & non-Muslims, about Islam, is the key.

You shouldn't, but the regions true Muslim population should. However, the tribal and sectarian violence in that region of the world lives and breathes on distorted Islamic teachings. The problem with ISIS is it brings with it power and self worth which could lead to a much larger problem in the Middle East and beyond. As much as I'd like to see the US out of that part of the world.....I expect us to be back in force within the next 10-15 years.

I think the world was educated well enough on 9-11.

I was reading an account of someone who spent some time with ISIS and they said that beyond a few stock phrases they really didn't know much about Islam.

You undoubtedly think that was clever, but it's a stupid, simplistic and hateful thing to say.

You undoubtedly think that was clever, but it's a stupid, simplistic and hateful thing to say.

As well as true.

Point being, at this stage , there's no requirement to " educate " us about what Islam is any more than we need to learn about Jesus. When I hear either nonsense, what I translate it into is .. " Here, let me indoctrinate you in how you're SUPPOSE to feel about ( insert religious b.s. here ) , so that all your contrarian views will be wiped away " It's "witnessing " , and I'm not all that receptive, regardless of the name brand on the label.

As well as true.

Point being, at this stage , there's no requirement to " educated " us about what Islam is any more than we need to learn about Jesus. When I hear either nonsense, what I translate it into is .. " Here, let me indoctrinate you in how you're SUPPOSE to feel about ( insert religious b.s. here ) , so that all your contrarian views will be wiped away " It's "witnessing " , and I'm not all that receptive, regardless of the name brand on the label.

Well said. Forced Faith is NO Faith at all...

Archived