You can take the player out of Bama, but...

Piketiger1990

Hope that he is innocent, but if not then just another in a long line of kids from all schools who throw away an opportunity for something stupid.

...kinda hard for me to imagine that even a lowly undrafted rookie in the NFL is so strapped for cash he needs to steal.

(Of course, a free agent's salary might be a pay cut after five years in West Vance, and you might need better quality formal wear than what can be found in University Mall if you play in the Sunday league... :rolleyes: )

How lovely:

The Tuscaloosa police initially responded to a call at 9 a.m. ET on Wednesday. The victims said two men kicked in their back door, one armed with an assault rifle and one armed with a knife, assaulted one victim and took cash and two iPads. The TPD is not releasing which suspect held which weapon.

Tuscaloosa police officers made contact with Ivory and Gibson at their residence in Tuscaloosa and recovered the stolen items and weapons allegedly used in the burglary, according to the TPD.

Stupid. stupid young men. Both armed...so it could be a long sentence if found guilty.

Correction: SHOULD be a long sentence. Sneaking in a room and pocketing some cash, while very wrong, is a whole different world than breaking in an occupied home with assault rifles. Hell if they needed money so bad, why not sell the rifle? They didn't need money that bad, they just needed to act on their thug impulse. A thug is a thug is a thug, and thugs belong in prison. Keep these guys locked up before they do something that can't be undone, like murder...

Stupid. stupid young men. Both armed...so it could be a long sentence if found guilty.

Correction: SHOULD be a long sentence. Sneaking in a room and pocketing some cash, while very wrong, is a whole different world than breaking in an occupied home with assault rifles. Hell if they needed money so bad, why not sell the rifle? They didn't need money that bad, they just needed to act on their thug impulse. A thug is a thug is a thug, and thugs belong in prison. Keep these guys locked up before they do something that can't be undone, like murder...

Seriously from the hip response with little to no facts to go on...do you have kids?

I have a seventeen year old who has been taught and modeled right from wrong, yet still capable of some disappointing stupidity.

The male brain isn't fully developed until about 25 years of age. I don't know what these guys are capable of, but to jump to murder is a considerable leap.

Everybody should be afforded the opportunity to repent.

Seriously from the hip response with little to no facts to go on...do you have kids?

I have a seventeen year old who has been taught and modeled right from wrong, yet still capable of some disappointing stupidity.

The male brain isn't fully developed until about 25 years of age. I don't know what these guys are capable of, but to jump to murder is a considerable leap.

Armed robbery can go wrong and end up in murder in an instant. Armed robbery is one wrong reaction in a high pressure situation from being murder. Armed robbers deserve long sentences. As long as murder? No, but long never the less. These thugs have likely had all kinds of excuses to justify bad behavior that led to this. You making excuses for them isn't any better. I do have kids and if they commit armed robbery, I have FAILED!! Quit making excuses for thug behavior and hold people accountable for their actions. People that are capable of this type of haneous crime, if not punished properly, will only take it farther next time. And in case you missed it, this guy had already left college. His brain was developed plenty to know the consequences of armed robbery and still went ahead with it. Can kids make mistakes? Sure...can we call a college grad a kid still? Hell no. This is now a grown man and deserves the repercussions he receives. Let's hope it is enough to make him turn his life around.

Armed robbery can go wrong and end up in murder in an instant. Armed robbery is one wrong reaction in a high pressure situation from being murder. Armed robbers deserve long sentences. As long as murder? No, but long never the less. These thugs have likely had all kinds of excuses to justify bad behavior that led to this. You making excuses for them isn't any better. I do have kids and if they commit armed robbery, I have FAILED!! Quit making excuses for thug behavior and hold people accountable for their actions. People that are capable of this type of haneous crime, if not punished properly, will only take it farther next time. And in case you missed it, this guy had already left college. His brain was developed plenty to know the consequences of armed robbery and still went ahead with it. Can kids make mistakes? Sure...can we call a college grad a kid still? Hell no. This is now a grown man and deserves the repercussions he receives. Let's hope it is enough to make him turn his life around.

. You are absolutely right with one wrong assumption. YOU may not have failed. The person that commits the act DID fail. I was raised the same as my siblings, and they never got in trouble in school or the law. It was MY choice to screw up, and, with the help and Grace of God, my choice to not screw up anymore. At least to that degree.

. You are absolutely right with one wrong assumption. YOU may not have failed. The person that commits the act DID fail. I was raised the same as my siblings, and they never got in trouble in school or the law. It was MY choice to screw up, and, with the help and Grace of God, my choice to not screw up anymore. At least to that degree.

Agree...one of the great mysteries of life to me is trying to figure out why kids with every possible advantage and opportunity will turn his or her back on them and go off in the direction that is guaranteed to lead to heartbreak for them and their friends and their families.

What is curious to me is how some of these guys just can't shake off the bad influences in their lives.

Glad that things are working out for you....keep up the good work.

Agree...one of the great mysteries of life to me is trying to figure out why kids with every possible advantage and opportunity will turn his or her back on them and go off in the direction that is guaranteed to lead to heartbreak for them and their friends and their families.

What is curious to me is how some of these guys just can't shake off the bad influences in their lives.

Glad that things are working out for you....keep up the good work.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't do time or anything. I got away from some guys I didn't need to be hanging with at an early stage. Thank God. But it was touch and go for a bit in my teen years. I'm a late bloomer, I guess! :)

Quit making excuses for thug behavior and hold people accountable for their actions.

Yessir. What was I thinking? I won't let it happen again.

Glad you're here to straighten me out.

Archived