Just got back from the Peach Bowl

PChamp119

Those special teams plays were exciting to watch. I saw from the 40 yardline in the upper deck - it's steap up there!!

For the most part, the game was boring.

Chris Leak... what is the big deal about this guy? Am I not drinking the kool-aid or what? He's not all that great of a scrambler - he had 2 scrambles and only 1 was impressive.

Did Florida take wussy pills before the game? Because this team did not want to get hit. The sliding was ridiculous!

I almost got in a fight - stupid jerks in front of us kept standing throughout the game (and they weren't even in their real seats) and in the 4th quarter I finally stood up and hell broke out. It was a Miami and a UF fan together. The miami jerk kept standing, but at least it was after a play. A UF jerk stood during a play and not even in his seat - he totally went out of his way to stand in front of everyone so I said something and he didn't seem to think I had the right to complain. Ahh, I had some good words for him. When he pointed out I wasn't for either team, I enjoyed my comment of "Turn around and watch your losing team in your loser bowl." Stupid Florida jerks

Pchamp, I think Florida was unmotivated because they fired Zook, and Meyer isn't there yet. I have seen Leak play when he looked like the best QB in the conference. Tonight was the worst game I have seen from him. Also, Miami was clearly the better team. They just ran out the second half like we did the first time we played UT.

Pchamp, I think Florida was unmotivated because they fired Zook, and Meyer isn't there yet.  I have seen Leak play when he looked like the best QB in the conference.  Tonight was the worst game I have seen from him.  Also, Miami was clearly the better team.  They just ran out the second half like we did the first time we played UT.

135030[/snapback]

If Zook was willing to coach, it was stupid to not let him, IMHO. The players liked the guy. You get to the bowl game and your HC is gone? Especially under those circumstances? UF screwed up royally this year. But I suspect Meyer will make them forget all about it soon enough.

The only game I remember Leak looking brilliant in was against UT. And their pass defense was horrible this year. I know he is still young, but I don't think he has improved much since he was playing his first games as a freshman. That's not to say that Urban Meyer won't do for him what Borges did for Campbell...

And I think you can dismiss once and for all, talk that a Miami and UF rivalry is anywhere near the other in-state schools. There was no passion or intensity by either side in this game; can you imagine an Auburn-Alabama game (or Michigan-OSU) where players were sliding and stepping out of bounds with no one within 5 yards, even a re-match in a bowl game, I think not....

I heard on the radio Florida and their "Archrival Miami." They don't even play eachother anymore!! Instate rivalry at best.

I agree, I didn't expect much passion out of Florida. They had really neat "Got Urban?" T-Shirts for sale.

Archived