Bama Tradition or Bear Tradition?

DKW 86

Which the real Tradititon that Bama Folks talk about?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which the real Tradititon that Bama Folks talk about?

• Bear's Winning?
    • Bama's Winning?
    • They would claim anything and everything as a Tradition?

The few logical Bama posters who have replied are not the ones that is intended for.  But we've all seen our share of derogatory comments by the Tide's sidewalk alumni and have noticed a glut of "Got 12" tee shirts lately.  My post was simply to remind those folks what who speak reverently of their "tradishuns" as to what they really are.

By the way, what do a bunch of Bama folks, even nice ones, care what is said on an AUBURN board?  I don't go over there looking for controversy; in fact, I've never logged on to ANY Bama board, much less posted a reply to the things said there.  So I would not know about the number of posts there versus here on this subject.  So, who are the obsessed fans?????  It's not easy being the "little brother" is it?

139748[/snapback]

If you are so tired of seeing all of the "Got 12" tee's and crap, do somthing about it. Go out and win a few NC's. Having the most NC's in the nation I think would give a school some reason to say that they have a tradition. If not, please explain to me what would.

after reading some of these insane responses i think the only thing that could calm my frustration would be a bullet...

anybody?

anybody at all?

ok a knife?

oh well maybe later, in the meantime.. you stick to your sidewalk and we'll stick to ours and when you come down in November next year we'll send you packing with your 4th loss in a row to the Hard Fightin Soldiers

after reading some of these insane responses i think the only thing that could calm my frustration would be a bullet...

anybody?

anybody at all?

ok a knife?

oh well maybe later, in the meantime.. you stick to your sidewalk and we'll stick to ours and when you come down in November next year we'll send you packing with your 4th loss in a row to the Hard Fightin Soldiers

140269[/snapback]

kinda mad?? haha

Are you already making a prediction? Thats kinda going out on a limb there.

If you are so tired of seeing all of the "Got 12" tee's and crap, do somthing about it. Go out and win a few NC's. Having the most NC's in the nation I think would give a school some reason to say that they have a tradition. If not, please explain to me what would.

140262[/snapback]

Tradition is great to reminisce about and all, but it's just that no one outside your own fans cares or wants to hear about it. That's why we just laugh and shake our heads when we see a "Got 12?" shirt. IMO that's also why teams like Notre Dame, Penn State, and Alabama have fallen out of the perennial Top 25, they've rested on the laurels of championships won decades ago that no recruit gives a damn about. It's all about "What have you done for me lately?"

13-0, and an SEC championship is a good start. :)

I could care less what Alabama or Auburn did back in the Wing-T days, it isn't relevant. If some redneck guy thinks his team winning a lot of football games before he was born somehow makes him better as a person, then more power to him.

uaters...."Nature's LOSERS"..... :D

I could care less what Alabama or Auburn did back in the Wing-T days, it isn't relevant. If some redneck guy thinks his team winning a lot of football games before he was born somehow makes him better as a person, then more power to him.

140291[/snapback]

The point is Alabama has all that stuff that they can be proud about. I dont see why AU get so worked up about Alabama. BTW where did you get the better person stuff?

The few logical Bama posters who have replied are not the ones that is intended for.  But we've all seen our share of derogatory comments by the Tide's sidewalk alumni and have noticed a glut of "Got 12" tee shirts lately.  My post was simply to remind those folks what who speak reverently of their "tradishuns" as to what they really are.

By the way, what do a bunch of Bama folks, even nice ones, care what is said on an AUBURN board?  I don't go over there looking for controversy; in fact, I've never logged on to ANY Bama board, much less posted a reply to the things said there.  So I would not know about the number of posts there versus here on this subject.  So, who are the obsessed fans?????  It's not easy being the "little brother" is it?

139748[/snapback]

I'll admit it. I enjoy the Auburn board more than our own. What fun is it to read where everyone is only saying good things about our school and our team, and these are not always objective view points. I want to know what other schools think about our team and our fans. I want to hear if Auburn fans(just an example) were treated right when they came to Tuscaloosa or if they were not treated well. Of course we think that the majority(not all by any means) of our fans are great and would not be rude to opposing fans, but that may be just wishful thinking. I have posted on this board several times, and I don't think that I have ever been rude(haven't been warned yet), but I do want to tell you what I think, and would like to hear from Auburn fans. By saying what you think, I do not mean saying we're inbreds or something that you can't possibly know for sure, but if you have an opinion about our team and fan base. A lot of you give us a hard time about "Coach Bryant", and that is fine if you feel that way. It will never change how we feel about him or our school. It's not just us. You can't listen to a sports show on ESPN with them talking about great coaches that Bear Bryant is not mentioned, and he was voted Coach of the century. When they show SEC highlights his picture is always shown. We love him and always will, and I really find it insulting when some other school makes fun and says things like" we want to dig him up". To me that is just disrepectful to a human being, and not to the school. Making fun of fans and teams is fun, but no to a person's father, husband, grandfather or brother. I want to keep posting here, because you guys keep me straight and frankly have sometimes told me things that I did not know. So lets keep up the fun.

I am glad to see that at least one fan of the smaller school in west al. knows that the old coach is no longer living. :)

140291[/snapback]

The point is Alabama has all that stuff that they can be proud about. I dont see why AU get so worked up about Alabama. BTW where did you get the better person stuff?

140331[/snapback]

I can't speak for all of us, but I'm not "worked up" about anything. Like I said, I could care less. As for the "better person" line, that's really what's at the heart of the matter, isn't it? All the chest-pounding and ceaseless gloating about championships won decades ago is to cover up personal insecurities. It's okay to be proud of it and celebrate it, to a point. Most Bama fans do that. Some, however, go so far obsessing with it, you begin to wonder about why they feel they need to do it.

Archived