New signee impact

Metalsinger418

13 hours ago, 1913-14 said:

Make an impact? by blocking? We  have done a poor job utilizing Jalen Harris...

Cannella is a different style of TE than Harris, and if you look at the last few days of recruiting it is completely obvious that Lindsey is a fan of TEs and plans to use them.

22 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Does anyone know CCL's history with tight ends? Does he use them in the passing game?

I don't know for certain, but considering his entire focus as a recruiter, since he came to Auburn, was replacing H-Back/full back recruits with tight ends, I would say it's extremely likely.

Next year Stidham and Ashley assuming Ashley wins starting OT job. Long term it may be TD because I think he will be good on the field but also he is the type to get the whole D to play hard he will be a natural Leader on the D but probably won't start till his second year.

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

Does anyone know CCL's history with tight ends? Does he use them in the passing game?

That is what I'm hoping.  A great TE can be unstoppable.  Bammer *hold my nose* certainly knows how to use them.

AU used to be known for great TE play... Ed West, Jeff Parks, Ron Middleton...heck Gus HAS used them before.  I seem to remember a force by the name of Lutzenkirchen.

Archived