All of you Danley bashers...

arnaldoabru

CCTAU ALWAYS states the facts as he sees them as he has done in this case. No need to be calling people jerks and stuff.

Unfortunately , this issue, just like many things that are brought up on these message boards is an issue where very few , if any, of us have the facts.

Why implode until there's reason to. Let this thing run its course and then we can all sing Kum-ba-ya later.

No one knows if he(JJ) made some kind of mistake in handling the situation. We don't even know what the freakin' situation was. Everybody just relax. All the knee-jerk reactions is what makes people look stupid.

I agree Dubb. But I do think it's worth discussing when there are reports that Danley is holding the proverbial smoking gun. This is not just a bunch of folks on an internet board starting rumors and gossip. This is being discussed on talk shows, reported on the news and in print. Look at what has happened in the last few days alone:

1. Jacobs announces the "restructuring" of his department and lets 3 employees go, two of which are black with one of those already having filed a discrimination complaint. Talk shows and newsprint have been less than flattering in reporting Jacob's handling of the situation.

2. The black leadership at Auburn and the surrounding community scream racism and hold a protest on the school grounds. While not well attended, the coverage by media outlets is again, less than flattering for Auburn University.

3. Several comments are made in print that Danley may tell all about the goings on in the athletic department. No one has to read between the lines of these comments to know they are referring to information that could seriously damage the athletic department and University as a whole. Who knows what they are or if they're true. However, the threat of that type of thing, given our history and the overall climate in the SEC makes people pay attention.

Most of my comments have concerned a lot of "What ifs" where Danley is concerned. Like most here, I'd rather it all go away and we can all talk about 13-0, a clean run program, Coach of the year, Logan Young and sing Kumbaya. :big: But, when comments are made like this, we'd be naive to think there's not a lot riding on what he has to say or even IF he comes out and says anything at all.

Danley may or may not have done his job. But Jacobs did not address that. He took a big AU name and fired him due to "restructuring." Bad management move. But all you people can do is keep feeding the race media. Danley isn't marching. And I'm sure some of the info he has deals directly with Jay. Jay picked a ragtag way to handle a delicate situation.

i agree to some point. did jacobs fire him and the others on the spot for a restructuring move? if so, that was a bad management decision. typically, companies that restructure will lay-off personnel (a.k.a fire) with a severance package. did this occur? it does not sound like it. if the fired individuals were perfoming poorly then jacobs obligation to fire is warranted and does not need to be addressed.

as far as danley, if you don't think he is pulling the race card out of his pocket then you must be from another planet. if race wasn't the issue why isn't daley speaking out against the protests.

Well wishbone if it does come to that at least that'll prove that Danley wasn't doing his freakin' job and deserved to be fired.

It would look pretty stupid to say a bunch of crap was going on during your watch and you didn't do anything.

BINGO!!! WE HAVE A WINNER. :D:D

Forget the Danley situation for a moment. Jaydubb hit a nerve talking about reporting stuff after the fact. There needs to be a statute of limitations with a very small window of opportunity to report violations. Take for example, an event near and dear to all our hearts, the Eric Ramsey fiasco. This kid gets a college education, the opportunity to play ball in the SEC, all the national exposure a college player could want, AND...AND he was taking benefits that he KNEW were illegal at the time.

When it went south for him what did he do??? Put the pile driver on Auburn. Did he suffer? No, he graduated and flipped off the crowd at the ceremony. Point is, if you're going to report it, do it when it's happening, not after you've wreaped the benefits and suddenly get a conscience.

cctau,

How do you feel about danley saying he has damaging info. on AU. What do you think his motive is there?

JJ decided to re-organize the dept. and danley didn't fit in, thats the story so far. With ctt having control over the fball program now there is less a.d. responsibility so maybe that factored in. Maybe less power is needed there now.

How do you know he was unjustly laid off/fired?

I stand by what I said about him damaging AU. Why even make that threat?

If you'll read grnbaytgr's post you'll see that not everyone that is fired becomes a complete ass and threatens to damage their former employer. Some people are bigger than that, even when they are in the right, which danley may or may not be. With all the rambling he has done about "demons" in the athletic dept. I wonder how stable his rocker is anyway.

From an earlier news article:

In his interview with the Auburn newspaper, Danley hinted of damaging revelations to come if he decided to tell his side of the story.

"Some things are going to come out in the near future," Danley said. "It's unfortunate because we had a great year this year. Those kids did a tremendous job. We're going to always love Auburn and support Auburn, but as a father and a husband, I'm going to always do what's best for my family."

This has been asked before and I'll ask it again, why aire this now that you've been fired? Why not aire it while you have a stake in it ......if you truly love Auburn? I'm sorry, but I question SD's character after a quote like that. CCTAU I'm certainly not bashing you, but I'd love to hear your response to this one. :au:

From an earlier news article:

In his interview with the Auburn newspaper, Danley hinted of damaging revelations to come if he decided to tell his side of the story.

"Some things are going to come out in the near future," Danley said. "It's unfortunate because we had a great year this year. Those kids did a tremendous job. We're going to always love Auburn and support Auburn, but as a father and a husband, I'm going to always do what's best for my family."

This has been asked before and I'll ask it again, why aire this now that you've been fired? Why not aire it while you have a stake in it ......if you truly love Auburn? I'm sorry, but I question SD's character after a quote like that. CCTAU I'm certainly not bashing you, but I'd love to hear your response to this one.  :au:

146720[/snapback]

He has already stated that all he has done so far is to help create a better AU. While he was still a part of that environment, he had leverage and was trying to make it better. There is no need for rash actions if you are continuing to fix the problems over time. But when you are abruptly removed from that process, then you begin to think about what your goals were. And now this might be the only way he can see getting AU to the level where he feels it needs to be.

None of us know the reasoning. But it seems if I didn't love the place I worked a whole lot, I would definitely leave after filing and winning a wrongful employment suit. I have to feel he has better things for AU in mind than just lashing out. I could be wrong, but I have to go with what I know about Danley at this point in time. And this is nowhere near being a Ramsey situation. Whatever Danley does, I have to believe he will do it in the long term best interest for AU. What Ramsey did was to just lash out.

We will all have to wait and see. But the bottom line is that Jacobs handled this very poorly and now whatever happens will be on his watch.

Archived