Clint Myers Resigns

11 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Oh.. I dont mind what 64 said, as I too appreciate those posters on here who put thought into their opinions and speculations.

When it involves sensitive issues involving student athletes, and they are possibly being taken advantage of..as it seems Corey Meyers may have done, I just drill down on comments more when comments include the possible phrase "he never said anything about it.." as if the internet, newpapers, etc..tell ALL the story or even know the facts correctly.

See..that's the whole problem....the "may have done".   Early allegations gave the impression that he had access to numerous players for sexual purposes....and then later it appeared he was involved with one player in what might be called an affair or something....but which was frowned upon by other players....some of whom seemed to think that favoritism was being shown toward her. 

Corey was accused of sending offensive texts...but thus far, the evidence of that action was apparently based on text messages taken from one player's phone...apparently without her knowledge.   So, where are/were all of the others that were implied in the allegations...the harassing messages?    

My concern is that some AU folks and posters just automatically jump the worst interpretation of things and conclude that school officials are doing ...or did do something rotten or illegal without any skepticism about what is being said and possible motives.    As noted above earlier.....allegations are not facts....and anonymous complaints are not facts either.  

The few actual facts seem to relate mostly to the two meetings in 2015 and 2016 and beyond that it sounds like most of the players who are in a position to tell what went do not want to get involved. Like any investigation...how do you get corroborated evidence if nobody will talk? . 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I accept your criticism.....though maybe not enthralled....but mostly curious about the absence of details considering how long this matter has either been ignored or has been investigated...... depending on what or whom you believe.     

Just noting that the longer this discussion has gone on with nothing more than allegations and gossip (and misinformation) the more skeptical I have become about most of it.

JMO but there seems to be too many people (who seem to be quality folks) associated with the Softball program,  for me to accept without question, that all of them just ignored what was obvious.....or that so many people would chosoe to keep the improper behavior secret.     So nobody else finds that strange  ? :dunno:

PS to Keesler....that's OK...I carried away sometimes and OK to jerk me back in line if necessary....:)

If you put yourself in the place of the players and staff members, maybe it isn't so strange.  So I've heard that Betty Lou and Coach are fooling around or getting close to it.  Well, it's consensual and she doesn't seem to be getting any special privilege because of it.  She isn't playing much, and she doesn't play my position anyway.  We're winning a lot of games and have a chance to get back to the World Series.  If I turn them in, it may cause a lot of trouble, and I might be ostracized or lose my position.  We might stop winning.  It's Coach Myers' responsibility, anyway.  Hit me another fly ball!

See how easily that rationalized?  A little more difficult for Casey Myers and Scott Woodard, though.

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Haley Fagan is a torch thrower.  Everybody knows that.  You talk about past behavior.  Look no farther back than the bridges she burned leaving Florida.  Her issues seem to be centered not on Clint Myers, but on her teammate that was having consensual sex with Corey.  That little nugget claiming that the better looking girls got more playtime is nothing but bizarre.  All you have to do is compare the bench to the starters and that is clearly debunked.

As for learned behavior, you know full well that while that is a possibility, its is far from a certainty.  Corey may not be a bad person.  He may be a very well mannered young man, yet still have an issue keeping his pants on when opportunity presents itself.  This was a consensual relationship situation.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Haley Fagan is a torch thrower.  Everybody knows that.  You talk about past behavior.  Look no farther back than the bridges she burned leaving Florida.  Her issues seem to be centered not on Clint Myers, but on her teammate that was having consensual sex with Corey.  That little nugget claiming that the better looking girls got more playtime is nothing but bizarre.  All you have to do is compare the bench to the starters and that is clearly debunked.

As for learned behavior, you know full well that while that is a possibility, its is far from a certainty.  Corey may not be a bad person.  He may be a very well mannered young man, yet still have an issue keeping his pants on when opportunity presents itself.  This was a consensual relationship situation.

We have yet another uninformed poster here folks.  Haley Fagan never attended Florida...EVER.  So, exactly what bridge did she burn leaving a place that she never attended to begin with?  

I have no idea what did or did not happen here.  But, for those rationalizing that it is consensual relations because both are of age, I'll refer you to Texas where they took care of that little loophole.  Pretty much if you are an educator in the state and you have improper contact/sex with a student you are royally screwed.  You're fired, barred from collecting your education pension, and I'm not 100% sure but possibly labeled a sex offender (that part may still be subject to age restrictions), but Texas ain't playing around with the educator/student relationship BS anymore.  Also, if you are an educator and you know about said relationship and don't report it, you're screwed also (to eliminate coverups, etc.).

On 8/24/2017 at 0:56 PM, boomstick said:

Nepotism. Had Clint not been allowed to hire Corey because of nepotism laws, this situation wouldn't have happened here. 

And Clint would have not left ASU to come to Auburn.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

I have no idea what did or did not happen here.  But, for those rationalizing that it is consensual relations because both are of age, I'll refer you to Texas where they took care of that little loophole.  Pretty much if you are an educator in the state and you have improper contact/sex with a student you are royally screwed.  You're fired, barred from collecting your education pension, and I'm not 100% sure but possibly labeled a sex offender (that part may still be subject to age restrictions), but Texas ain't playing around with the educator/student relationship BS anymore.  Also, if you are an educator and you know about said relationship and don't report it, you're screwed also (to eliminate coverups, etc.).

That is thru high school I believe.  There are tons of college professors married to one time students. I know of 6 couples from my time teaching.

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

We have yet another uninformed poster here folks.  Haley Fagan never attended Florida...EVER.  So, exactly what bridge did she burn leaving a place that she never attended to begin with?  Was it her sister?

Just now, AU9377 said:

That is thru high school I believe.  There are tons of college professors married to one time students. I know of 6 couples from my time teaching.

In the past maybe.  This was passed most recent legislative session.  No more A's for hot grad assistants either.  Basically, if you teach you don't F the students anymore.

To assume that some grand conspiracy existed is really going too far.  Before Corey and Clint came to Auburn, Corey worked for Richard Shea coaching the Birmingham Thunderbolts.  Do you think that Mr. Shea would have trusted him with his young daughter, Courtney Shea, had Corey had a history of hitting on young girls?

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

In the past maybe.  This was passed most recent legislative session.  No more A's for hot grad assistants either.  Basically, if you teach you don't F the students anymore.

Don't think that I am arguing against the move.  Professors should not be sleeping with students in their classes, but I'm not sure how constitutional some of that would be.  I guess time will tell.  In many situations, there isn't much of an age difference.

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Don't think that I am arguing against the move.  Professors should not be sleeping with students in their classes, but I'm not sure how constitutional some of that would be.  I guess time will tell.  In many situations, there isn't much of an age difference.

Agree.  Basically they're codifying ethics into law.  Pretty much using the basics of sexual harassment law into teacher/student relationships.  It's always going to be power on the teacher side and thus any relationship is inequitable.

We have yet another uninformed poster here folks.  Haley Fagan never attended Florida...EVER.  So, exactly what bridge did she burn leaving a place that she never attended to begin with?  

It was her sisters that were dismissed from UF. She is a known hot head though. See her actions at the UF game.

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

See..that's the whole problem....the "may have done".   Early allegations gave the impression that he had access to numerous players for sexual purposes....and then later it appeared he was involved with one player in what might be called an affair or something....but which was frowned upon by other players....some of whom seemed to think that favoritism was being shown toward her. 

Corey was accused of sending offensive texts...but thus far, the evidence of that action was apparently based on text messages taken from one player's phone...apparently without her knowledge.   So, where are/were all of the others that were implied in the allegations...the harassing messages?    

My concern is that some AU folks and posters just automatically jump the worst interpretation of things and conclude that school officials are doing ...or did do something rotten or illegal without any skepticism about what is being said and possible motives.    As noted above earlier.....allegations are not facts....and anonymous complaints are not facts either.  

The few actual facts seem to relate mostly to the two meetings in 2015 and 2016 and beyond that it sounds like most of the players who are in a position to tell what went do not want to get involved. Like any investigation...how do you get corroborated evidence if nobody will talk? . 

EXACTLY!!

On 8/28/2017 at 10:29 PM, AU9377 said:

It was her sisters that were dismissed from UF. She is a known hot head though. See her actions at the UF game.

So, you refer to her as a hot head and base it all off one incident that happened in her 3 years at Auburn?  What a huge reach.

So, you refer to her as a hot head and base it all off one incident that happened in her 3 years at Auburn?  What a huge reach.

I could expand on this, but it all may or some may come out if this hits the courts.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

I could expand on this, but it all may or some may come out if this hits the courts.

I don't think there's anything you could say about her that I wouldn't believe. But I'd just like to see some people put some context to the claims that she's a hot head or whatever else people claim. 

12 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I don't think there's anything you could say about her that I wouldn't believe. But I'd just like to see some people put some context to the claims that she's a hot head or whatever else people claim. 

Team chemistry was an issue for different reasons, when the first talk of team chemistry started coming up, it was when underclassman were taking the positions of upper classman and friends.  DO you think it was odd that she did not get suspended for her behavior after the Florida game?  Play the timeline in your head with what you know now and there is an obvious reason why.  You don't need to post that reason on here, but yeah it happened.  The 420 arrest had to be suspended for getting caught in a legal manner.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Team chemistry was an issue for different reasons, when the first talk of team chemistry started coming up, it was when underclassman were taking the positions of upper classman and friends.  DO you think it was odd that she did not get suspended for her behavior after the Florida game?  Play the timeline in your head with what you know now and there is an obvious reason why.  You don't need to post that reason on here, but yeah it happened.  The 420 arrest had to be suspended for getting caught in a legal manner.

I might be in the minority, but I don't find her lack of suspension after the Florida incident odd. If that had happened in another sport, I don't think anyone would've faced a suspension. Her reaction was over the top, for sure, but I don't think a suspension is warranted. 

And if you're suggesting what I think you are, it wouldn't surprise me and would make some of these other events make sense. 

19 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

As good of a coach as Clint is, I wonder if some team will hire him after all of this mess thanks to his son.

He "retired". Highly unlikely to ever be a head coach again unless out of sheer boredom. 

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

I might be in the minority, but I don't find her lack of suspension after the Florida incident odd. If that had happened in another sport, I don't think anyone would've faced a suspension. Her reaction was over the top, for sure, but I don't think a suspension is warranted. 

And if you're suggesting what I think you are, it would surprise me and would make some of these other events make sense. 

I'm with you. Fagan's reaction to the FL coach issue should not have been a suspension. She was a senior, and there was a history with this coach and her family and I am sure the AU coaches and admin knew about the history too.

But I also agree, that with all that was simmering inside the program, due to Corey' Meyer's stupid actions, that there are always signs of pressure that show up in other forms (i.e. the marijuana arrest,/suspension etc..). 

I can see why now they lacked team unity which showed up in the playoffs. Mentally, they were not focused for sure.

On 8/27/2017 at 2:58 PM, beagle34 said:

Does Auburn have any other sports where these family employment relationships exist . There was a recent resignation of CGM s son in law.Does the basketball coachs son still work For AU.These relationships seem potentially problematic to me .Any thoughts?

They don't have to be problematic.  Its very situational.  Malzahn's son in law wouldn't be the same type situation because he wasn't working under Gus.  Yes, Pearl's son does work under Bruce, but he also has a supervisor inside the athletic department that he officially answers to.  There are many husband/wife combos that coach women's softball and baseball across the country.

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

They don't have to be problematic.  Its very situational.  Malzahn's son in law wouldn't be the same type situation because he wasn't working under Gus.  Yes, Pearl's son does work under Bruce, but he also has a supervisor inside the athletic department that he officially answers to.  There are many husband/wife combos that coach women's softball and baseball across the country.

Patti Gasso's son and daughter in law are on her staff at Oklahoma.  Doesn't seem that it has caused them any issues.

On 9/1/2017 at 10:06 AM, FoundationEagle said:

He "retired". Highly unlikely to ever be a head coach again unless out of sheer boredom. 

If all or most of the accusations being tossed out there are true, his "retirement" may not be by choice.

Archived