I got off the Gus Bus after Mercer.

Newbomb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, selias said:

Hoping for the worst? Not at all. However, there's nothing in CGM's tenure as Auburn's head coach that suggests to me he is capable of consistent on-field success.

I understand where you are coming from...but you are off the bus now  (and you make that clear.)...so to me at least it should also mean that you should also be off Gus's case.      His tenure is pretty short and finding someone with a more impressive tenure is highly problematic...but that's a different subject. .

If you want the best for the team.....pull for them and compliment good play when you see and make observations when you have questions....and leave Gus out of the discussions. JMO

3 minutes ago, selias said:

Not at all. However, there's nothing in CGM's tenure as Auburn's head coach that suggests to me he is capable of consistent on-field success.

Not a pumper, but I try to be practical.  There are 2 variables this year that will tone down the old Gus that frustrates the hell out of us:  

1)He has his first new OC in years (that's outside his inner circle); Lashlee has been with him forever.

2)We have a new QB.

I'm frustrated, but I think as the season goes on he's going to get more and more comfortable letting Lindsay call the plays. Minus the turnovers last week, we had a QB who threw for 364 yards and that's what I like to see... balance, which has been missing for years. Auburn led the league in rushing last year, but was last in passing, we need more balance and we're starting to see it.  I think we over-power Mizzou, but MSU in 2 weeks will really give us an idea of where we're truly at.

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I understand where you are coming from...but you are off the bus now  (and you make that clear.)...so to me at least it should also mean that you should also be off Gus's case.      His tenure is pretty short and finding someone with a more impressive tenure is highly problematic...but that's a different subject. .

If you want the best for the team.....pull for them and compliment good play when you see and make observations when you have questions....and leave Gus out of the discussions. JMO

I commented about Gus in a Gus thread...

Like everyone else I am very frustrated with what I have seen the past two seasons.  I hold Gus 100% accountable. I also am not afraid of AU hiring an outsider that is a highly successful coordinator or someone with championships at a lower level. In this case taking a chance is better than accepting the normal results from Gus coached teams.  But I am honestly starting to think the real issue is Herb Hand. Not sure I have ever seen a coach get less from what should at least be an average SEC line.  I understand play calling and scheme factor in too. Which is why I am okay with moving in new direction. But imho CHH has been a disaster.

I jumped off the Gus bus after the 2015 season. Remember that year? we had to beat Memphis in the mighty "Birmingham bowl" just so we'd end up with a winning record at 7-6 overall. Oh yeah, our SEC record for 2015 was 2-6. Need I say more about Malzahn and his coaching. I think stats says a great deal.

Archived